User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you for the lovely comments everybody ,regarding my brother

Just chilling today didnt spend much this weekend only 19 at Walmart
    I just finished watching a good movie from the director who made "this is us" the movie is called "life itself" very sad but heartwarming maybe a little depressing to watch

Supper tonight lasagna with fresh rolls
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Lilo I have had an instant pot for a while now and My Dad and Step Mom got the rest of the fam ones for Christmas. We use ours all the time, as does my bros gf and my other bro and his fiancee are trying to use theirs more. They are great especially when trying to cook long and slow meals quickly. I also love making Quinoa and other side dishes in it as I can set it walk away and when it beeps come back, I have been known on a Sunday to run mine 3 or 4 times.

Coupon Girl wonderful news about your brother.

An update on my gallbladder. We have known since I was a teenager (I think 15 or 16, I know it was before I started driving) they discovered I had gallstones but when I went to see the surgeon she told me my pain was not cause by the gallbladder as my gallstones were not active. My concern right now is that from what I have seen and heard in the past (both my Mom and Sister have had theirs out) I am still not having gallbladder attacks, I get pain in my side at times but it feels like a cramp I cannot get rid of, nothing like the attacks I have seen, heard about or read about. As well foods seem to have no effect.

My concern is that I do have other stomach issues and if they remove it could it cause me other issues. Right now my main concern is would removing it help or will I have it removed and everything remains the same as it really was not my gallbladder. Or could removing it cause my other issues to get worse and we realize the issue was not my gallbladder but we cannot go back as my gallbladder has been removed.

I guess all and all if I was having gallbladder attacks I would feel different as I have seen how bad the attacks can get, but currently I am not so sure I need it removed. I am just not sure that we have found the real issue causing my pain/discomfort.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Question: Does anyone have an air fryer?

We are not a household that really deep fry much (maybe once or twice a year) we mostly bake items in the oven. With that being said I was on Pinterest this morning and saw a number of interesting recipes and am intrigued by the statements I have seen where they say you only use 2 tablespoons of oil. But my concerns are:
    Is it worth the cost?
    Do you really only use 2 tablespoons of oil or is this just the minimum needed and most recipes call for more?
    Just how often do people use the Air Fryer on average per week?
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Question: Does anyone have an air fryer?

We are not a household that really deep fry much (maybe once or twice a year) we mostly bake items in the oven. With that being said I was on Pinterest this morning and saw a number of interesting recipes and am intrigued by the statements I have seen where they say you only use 2 tablespoons of oil. But my concerns are:
    Is it worth the cost?
    Do you really only use 2 tablespoons of oil or is this just the minimum needed and most recipes call for more?
    Just how often do people use the Air Fryer on average per week?
    i have a airfryer... got it off amazon ( thank you sb lol ) ok.
    my situation is a bit different.. as i use it alot for daycare lunches. ... not so much processed foods... as we dont eat a ton of those. but .. to do chicken , pork ect qucikly.
    i do love roasted veggies in it. omg so good. .
    i use it alot in the summer.. so i dont heat up my house. yes.. very, cvery little oil. if any i find.
    wouldi buy it again.. not sure.. i did get it for free... aka swagbucks. but.. i am not sure i would replace. ....
    for me its another appliance... ya know..

but also .. i dont own a insta pot... i just know i would not use it.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I saved up my Amazon.ca gift cards from Swagbucks and my vacuum cleaner, recommended by @Giseledta . It went on sale today and I purchased it through the Air Miles Shop option. I already made qualifying purchases at Sobeys and Shell for the Mega Miles promo. I should get 50AM for the vacuum purchase and a bonus 300AM from the Mega Miles promo. I’m hopinv it works out great this time.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i hope you love it !! for a shark vacume it is a great price.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We had our family Easter dinner tonight. Grandma hid plastic eggs for the youngest 2 (filled with toonies and $5 bills!!) She gave my oldest an egg with $20's. Gotta love grandma. Of course my boys Aunt gave them $30 cash each too. Spoiled!!
    Once home i went thru 2 garbage bags full of king size linens my bestie gave me. She works at an upscale linen store so she is always getting new stuff. Love the 3 sheet sets she gave me and a quilt! So no shopping for that for me this year at all.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Hope you all had a great weekend
    I am on my second cup of tea.
    My dog has been walk even though it spitting rain out
    Kitchen is clean, I did the couch blankets and the are line drying.
    Hope every one took full advantage of the Metro Redeemed 95AM get 50 AM back I did all 4 days on my DH card and 2 days on mine.

Dinner tooday will be left overs because there is lots of Lamb curry from last night. Will I eat it with Naan and a Salad.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

brr it is cold out.

i have a chicken for supper. anda dr appointment. so it works well.
    i need to sort and put away the new toys i bought at a garage sale from a friend who closed her childcare. the kids will be happy to play with new stuff ona cold and rainy day.

laundry is already transfered . and i will write up my todo list for the week.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday everyone! Hopefully a short work week for all.

This morning I emptied the main bathroom and kitchen garbage and put in the bin. Lots of room so going to grab some junk from the basement to toss tonight for garbage day tomorrow.
    I washed up some dishes and have a pot soaking (DS needs a lesson on cleaning up after himself in the kitchen) I told him he is getting that lesson step by step again!

Talking to my sister she told me she has already bought my boys name brand undies for Christmas too so they will be happy and stocked up! I was going thru a box and found cologne that was gifted to the oldest that he didn't open (he uses an expensive one and I get it for him) so I put it in the Christmas box for his brother .

No cooking tonight but will take something out of the freezer for tomorrow night. I have a bunch of asparagus to use up too and I bought romaine so a nice Greek Salad I am thinking.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was a busy weekend and I only thought about going to Shoppers yesterday but then saw that it was Saturday only deals and 20x the points only. So saved $$$ (even though my mom gave me a bunch of gift cards and cash for my birthday and one was $50 for SDM but now I can save it for next time) We have enough eggs to get us thru the week.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saturday I was at Shoppers to buy some chocolate (one pkg of Cadbury eggs (3) and one pkg of the Cadbury creme cookies-bit on crunchy side). By last night, everything was eaten (felt stressed)! Raked some of the yard Saturday night and put snow shovels away.

Yesterday, I was at home. Late afternoon, the high winds, heavy rains and thunder began a 4-5h stampede (but no power issues; yet this morning, a light rain and poof, the lights went out everywhere in the neighbourhood). Thought the roof might lose a piece or two. After 11am today, soft snow flurries began (my winter coat remains in the donation bag for now but I wish I had put it on before I had left home). What a day! Might tackle some more raking to get it done for good and see how many branches are on the ground. As far as I've seen, no major branches have tumbled on the yard. Still have one tree to trim and I don't feel like doing it. Could take a couple of cups of tea to get me up the ladder.

Got an e-mail from Simplicity Patterns about some vintage style items for sale but also about a free Easter Egg crochet project. Here's the project link: https://www.simplicity.com/simplicit...=SIM201904Sale

Have about 8 more photos to scan, then print off at Shoppers from the USB key, and then I'm done catching up with the past for our box of photos and for my aunt (some pictures she might not have). Purchased a photo mailer envelope and will have it posted prior to the 5pm mail pickup so she can get it for Friday or next Monday (it won't be Easter where she is yet).

Aside from one last box of wild rice and quinoa mix, I'm puzzled over what to make for lunch and dinner today. I had cooked up a package of Kraft dinner yesterday for lunch/dinner and don't feel like having it again nor pasta with sauce. Mom had baked a banana loaf on Saturday and we were enjoying it yesterday when we felt cold and chilly in the afternoon (and I boiled water for tea too).

Returned some due library materials and realized one book was not yet due but another book at home is due. There's a day's grace on fines, so that other book will have to come in tomorrow. Been late last week with magazines but managed to also avoid fines on Saturday as our branch is not open on Fridays (except on PA days).

If you can get a copy of April 2019 Family Circle (library or your local store), there's a cleaning guide for the stinky, the sticky, the tedious and the technical chores. Plus an article on coping with teens who have anxiety (good read) and a column about why it's good to do spring cleaning on our internal memories/emotions. Think I will be writing out some things on paper this week (a good friend told me it helped her years ago) and shredding the lot afterwards to help "spark joy" and "let go." The magazine also offered some spring desserts, all of which seem to have a pink or red tint. The raspberry crepe cake requires store bought crepes. I liked one of the six weeknight meals-the coconut rice with jerk chicken and mango salsa. Will post the recipe when I find the link.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    managed to do a shoppers spend 60 , get 15000 pc pts. i didnt have enough, ut between younest and myself we did. so we did that. all the points her sibling uses so she doesnot mind. she was impressed with how we have been able to about grocery costs so far by them using points.

had 1.00 on co 51, and scanned the reciept for 2 sb. lol

tourtiere is for supper. its my last one in the freezer.
    weather should be nice till about 11 am, so we will head to the park early
    the kids and i are working on Easter egg wreaths to take home.. so more eggs to colour later. an that is the day i think .

rain this afternoon... so i will steam clean and vacume .. get a bit of house work done after work
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -I was so tired last night went to bed at 9.00
    My bay shipment came love the tank top ,it flows nicely but too gappy under the arms so its going back so all in all hubby got a new pillow 16.00-10.00 bay giftcard=6.00

I took notice of my tank tops in closet have 7 everyday and about 5 dressy ones so I am okay ,so I will stick to thrift store looking for tanks ,I am so tired of returning all this clothing for myself that doesnt fit properly

Got a 20% off cpn for friends and family for shoppers from my neighbour for today(he works there) only off reg price so may go and get a few items milk etc

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning -I was so tired last night went to bed at 9.00
    My bay shipment came love the tank top ,it flows nicely but too gappy under the arms so its going back so all in all hubby got a new pillow 16.00-10.00 bay giftcard=6.00

I took notice of my tank tops in closet have 7 everyday and about 5 dressy ones so I am okay ,so I will stick to thrift store looking for tanks ,I am so tired of returning all this clothing for myself that doesnt fit properly

Got a 20% off cpn for friends and family for shoppers from my neighbour for today(he works there) only off reg price so may go and get a few items milk etc
    I never really thought of using the coupon on food! lol I may have to go take a look tonight
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information