User Tag List

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two Fabricland store closings are in progress in Ontario: Stratford (I've seen social media messages about chain actively looking for another location) has items 40-75% off; Orillia-Fittons West Plaza (seems it only re-opened at current location a few months a go) has items 50-80% off (some exclusions apply to both stores). Via e-mail.

Ontario Region 1 has the Spring/Summer Inventory Sweep sale on until August 17. Up to 75% off on selected merchandise.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Last night I bought LED light up Batman shoes from someone on FB marketplace for $25. There going for $50 online. I charged them up last night

This morning I tried them out and had them in the rotating color cycle and they were so bright that I could see my way to to the door in the blackness of my cave of my apartment.

Right now I am doing emergency laundry all my fitted sheets. I had an accident last night i went through 3 fitted sheets in the course of the night. And I don’t have access to the laundry room at night. I washed it it’s in the dryer drying.

I feel slightly lazy today nothing on the agenda and no appointments. I am making tarts for Monday but I have no inspiration for what I want to fill them with. I picked something easy because I am so lazy at thinking about what I want to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tomorrow is last day for the Save $2 when you buy 2 Kraft BBQ sauce/Miracle whip. Went to RCSS and bought 3 bbq sauce and 1 miracle whip (2.97 GT) $1.97 after coupons. DS likes it for wraps/burgers etc. Pretty sure the one at home is pretty much empty. Giving the BBQ sauce to a friend as we don't need anymore.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Forgot my son asked us to watch Ashlyn from 11.30 a.m til 4.30,he took his wife to Carolina cellers on Niagara on the lake for lunch

I gave my daughter in-law a few clothing for Ashlyn 2 pairs of p;js,2 tops long sleeve and short , new socks,new leggings ,camisole all for 25 bucks I paid (I figure it helps with back to school ) then gave cara a top and tights and socks $10.00

For Sebastian I have given him sweat pants and socks $6.00

So I took Ashlyn to wendys for a treat kids meal and toy (must say their toys are way better than mcdonalds )it was a car you build yourself ,then on to shoppers I spent 15.00 in shoppers milk ,crème and a few candies ,p.c cookies
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Guess what my no planned agenda turned into watching my friends pooch. We went for a long walk then we went to the park where he dragged himself across the grass on his belly...Bahaha! He was protecting me when a couple of guys came up to me in the park and started razzing me. Of course I had to pick him and leave. He has no teeth except one back molar but it would still hurt.

She said an hour I hope it’s only an hour to be honest. It’s hard to go anywhere with a dog unless it’s the pet store.

She called what a relief but I had to walk into town with a dog that didn’t want to go anywhere unless he was leading the charge I had to pick him up a few times because he just stopped walking but he is a small dog.

my back is sore I don’t know what I did on the way home I stopped at dollarama and spent an easy $44.75. Town is just nuts people trying to run you over and other people complaining about movie set equipment in there way they said they were going to phone the cops. I thought what a waste of a cops time that’s bylaws job. Boohoo there is always going to be something in someone’s way but instead of picking it up and moving it they have a sense of entitlement. The movie equipment wasn’t blocking the whole sidewalk but then they complained when I passed them. They said I almost knocked them over I didn’t touch them and I wasn’t looking for a battle of big flappy mouths. I think they also don’t live in this town and expect more of people when they aren’t willing to give the same respect.

Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Aug 8th, 2019 at 04:40 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. we now have stairs at my back door.. yea. hopefully the rest of the drive way project will be done next week.. it would be nice after 5 weeks of no drive way.

i have a spagetti casarole in the oven . i am ready for supper.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DS1 did steak with fried potatoes and onions tonight, it was yummy and used up produce that was on its last legs. I decided to take advantage of the Sobeys gift card offer because I do like Freshco and was pleasantly surprised that it counted for one on my personal offers of 35 miles WUS 75.00. I would never have thought that would be the case. I have almost 3000 air miles so I think I will try to reduce the grocery budget by shopping at Metro and Sobeys for the next few weeks, assuming there are good deals. I was also happy because I found the Kellogg’s coupon sheet while there so it was a worthwhile trip.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lilo- i actually like some of th metros near me. however watch the prices. .. and make sure things are scaned properly. they seem to mess up at one of them on a reg basis. lol.
    its like any other store.. shop the sales. never pay full price. lol

sobeys is a bit further from me.

i currently have 110.00 .. i should be ar 120.00 soon.

i am waiting for fall dry good sales. and i will be cashing out then. i will just wait for the sales....

equally my income is donw 20% in sept. . but that is ok. pantry and freezer are full

always nice to have a emergency food fund.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok friday . man this week went fast.

we are waiting here for the guys to come back to remove the forms from teh steps. after that i will take the kids to the park or something.

my new planner comes today. yes.. i am a planner geek. love them .
    i am looking forward to using this one.

i m hoping to be done work on time. goal.. is back yard. i want to work on the garden areas a bunch. that is actually my goal for most of the weekend. as long as the weather is nice. work on the backyard. with any luck Saturday should be good. i am really hoping to get alot done.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! Busy day today so it should fly by.
    Busy weekend. Outdoor movie night at my sisters tonight.
    Concert tomorrow night.
    Hopefully nice day on Sunday for the beach.
    3 day work week next week as well. We are going camping so need to get ready for that too. Will put containers in freezer to make ice for the cooler. I don't pay for frozen water lol
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As expected. Value Village members get early access on Sunday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last week our twins turned 4. One set of Grandparents travelled down to visit for the weekend. Grandma won a Facebook contest and picked up her small summer prize pack while they were down. Grandpa entered a contest at our local LBS and found out yesterday that he won a smoker. They’ve made arrangements so that Dh can pick it up today after work and store it at our place until we see them again.

Tuesday
    Sobeys $91.08oop, $11.89 in 10% savings, $19.49 in coupons, 15AM earned, and got a rain check for steak.

Thursday
    NF strawberries didn’t look good when I went there on Tuesday. I returned last night with ds and stumbled across quite the deal. If I knew Driscoll’s strawberries were in stock, I would have printed more coupons. Some were in rough shape, but I bought 8lbs with coupons and points offers.
    6x $1 Driscoll’s strawberries - $0.50 coup + 100pts/$1
    2x $1 Driscoll’s strawberries $0.75 coup + 100pts/$1

We went to WM and found
    Clearance $7 Ziploc lunch containers (4 different sizes for snacks, etc.) - $3 Peelie
    Kites 50% off
    $1.97 Bolthouse baby cut carrots - $1 coup.

I also remembered to return items from a shopping trip in July.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Aug 9th, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Costco trip soon as we need passport pics and I have a few items to return as well.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was planning on doing the shopping for Monday today I was thinking lemon curd and a raspberry on top. And maybe blueberry pie tarts I haven’t decided anything completely yet. Since tarts are very versatile I could do virtually anything.

I also don’t feel well I woke feeling sick. I really hope that passes. I am guessing too much sun in the last two days.

Now that I lay here I really don’t want to go shopping at all I actually feel gross. Or maybe because I don’t remember which day it actually is and feel incomplete. I am not talking myself out of shopping I am just feel like it’s a hassle to shop for it every time.

Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i painted our powder room an antique white -nice instead of the grey ,this room has never been painted since we have lived here 21 years -I don't like too much change -lol plus it never got that dirty just being a washroom and sink

I still need to do the baseboards -another day ,plus touch up the ceiling as hubby got a few beige spots on it pretty hard to manover in a tiny space

Then may pop into sobeys for a few specials when hubby comes back

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information