User Tag List

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    DS1 did steak with fried potatoes and onions tonight, it was yummy and used up produce that was on its last legs. I decided to take advantage of the Sobeys gift card offer because I do like Freshco and was pleasantly surprised that it counted for one on my personal offers of 35 miles WUS 75.00. I would never have thought that would be the case. I have almost 3000 air miles so I think I will try to reduce the grocery budget by shopping at Metro and Sobeys for the next few weeks, assuming there are good deals. I was also happy because I found the Kellogg’s coupon sheet while there so it was a worthwhile trip.
    Oh, I totally forgot to look for that coupon sheet at the Brant St. Sobeys this afternoon! I was there to buy two Coke products to attain 4 bonus AM (I'm 2 pts short of $10 redemption) so I was keen to get them.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to no frills and the PC optimum card system was down at the store. So I couldn’t earn any or redeem any points. But that’s okay I was getting what I needed for the tarts. I got 2 cans of blueberry pie filling, 30 package of tarts and cool whip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

How wonderful that the temperature is much lower than the rest of the week and Mr. Wind is offering daylong breezes! I'm in Burlington and not sweating as much as my last visit in July (that was too hot). After Ikea (Lucky Ticket and 3 small items)and Treasure Hunt (nothing), I got refreshing pops at Sobeys, visited Value Village (99 cent socks but struck out on white shirts or navy pants) and Mission Thrift store (saw some women's blazers, perused the $1 racks outside and found two small plastic bags of the larger drapery glides I wanted for 1.50; 50% off white sticker sale now on), I got some quick paper reading and some magazine skimming done. My DVD hold was in but it won't play on the computer.

My HSR driver would not put a ticket punch on the transfer for Burlington Transit use. Gave me a line. I told Customer Service in person, who in turn told me it was a BT issue. I told my BT driver, who told me it was an HSR issue. Will see if I can get the Sept. 1 BT changes in paper form at the terminal before I head home today.

I had not realized that Ikea sold about 5-6 kinds of napkin holders! I bought a soft pink one of this version as I did not find the white one as shown in the catalogue. Did not see any fabric yardage that spoke to my sewing mind.

No luck in obtaining the August ON The GO magazine at my usual box. I even went down Guelph Line to the other YP box I had seen on my last bus ride down that road but the box does not stock them.

The last 48 cents on my Indigo gift card went towards a newspaper purchase. I just wanted that amount used.

Burlington SCers! Burlington Centre will have a Aug. 17 event where for a canned good donation, you can get a Denningers sausage or hotdog plus a water or pop. It's the End of Summer BBQ. https://burlingtoncentre.ca/event/En...BQ/2145530960/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did spot two potential $1 tops at the Mission Thrift store but could not figure out what they could be worn with. Thought I lucked out on a $1 navy pair of pants find until I realized aside from the dry cleaner tag, the pants fly was for men's. Back onto the rack with those pants (so close-good pockets and waistband and over 1-1/2 inches of hem I could use to lengthen the pant legs). Sigh.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Today I cleaned and looked at my coupons and say to myself omg I dont have coupons for school snacks and things for september...really need to find the kellogs sheets and yogurts coupons asap
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

some nice Brags about using points for groceries over in the other section
    Air Miles: bought eggs, detergent and a few cents worth of bulk wrapped candy to make it to $10
    PC Optimum: bought yogurt, 50% off multigrain rolls, Gala apples and pear

Out of Pocket: about 1.75 for everything

nice frugal shop

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel the sheets were on a stand-alone display of the cereal by the dairy counter. I made good use of them with the 2.00 of 2 boxes of Kellogg’s cereal free 4 L of milk offer at RCSS. I found 2 bottles and a dime in my travels today. I also found out that I can reload my 10 cents off a litre card at Petro Canada on line and it less points. I usually get enough points every 8 months or so as it’s not my 1st choice for gas but it all adds up.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i went to sobeys yesterday ,no kelloggs sheets just an empty spot-so sad as i bought 2 boxes of mini wheats

The pills my doctor gave me for my health problem,caused an allergic reaction,stomach cramps last night plus a few other minor problems .I called a nurse associated with my doctor and was able to speak to her she told me discontinue pills -ahh health problems not fun at all ,hope to feel better by sunday morning as I would love to go see my daughter's and son-in-laws house they just moved into on Friday in Toronto.

So taking it easy today
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just wanting to make sure all of you with a smartphone are aware of the flash food app for short dated/overstocked deals at Loblaws banner stores.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank-you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Just wanting to make sure all of you with a smartphone are aware of the flash food app for short dated/overstocked deals at Loblaws banner stores.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all

went to my moms.

then bra shopping.

then no frills.
    5.50 in coupons, 1.00 co 51, and 8000 pts. not my best shop but a decent one. lots of fruists and veggies.

i will make burgers for supper, with pea meal, sauteed mushroom and cheese. i am craving a good juicy burger.

oh, and i found 2 kids of coupons. some garden veggie burgers ( will trade ) and some bear paws.. will keep .

- swagbucks i need to click. last week was a good week.. 30.00 in sb. i am at 129 in sb so far.
    once i get 10.00 more ( 750 ) i will cash in for cat treats , and stickers for my new planner.
    adding if anyon ever wants a few hints for sb. please message me . i dont mind helping
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sat, Aug 10th, 2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just wanting to make sure you know there has been a Flashfood thread since early June.
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/433480...-areas-canada/

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , thanks
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

If anyone wants to try Flashfood let me know as I can send you a referral code for 5.00 on your 1st purchase. I typically check the app when I am in the store so no need to make a special trip.
    I was excited to see I had a 20 times offer wus 40.00 at SDM as they had some stuff I needed on sale. Spent 62.00 and received 22000 points and was able to use the FPC for scrubbing bubbles.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning all!

Am tempted to try the Flashfood! There have been some good items popping up.

Lovely start to the morning here! Should be a good day! Will try to get to VV for the 50% this morning.

Enjoy the day all!

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information