User Tag List

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning a ll.

plan is ... laundry to the line..
    gardening for most of the day.
    shoppers - i havethe 20x for 40 as well.. and i need milk. and i will bring my coupons and see what i can do .
    supper is bbq chicken.
    and at some point .. work on my planner.. and get tomorrow planned out.

running sb, till i go out.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well my weekend is not going as planned. I had told myself I was going to take the weekend off as I need to cut back again, yes we have a lot going on but I feel awful as I am not taking care of myself. Well that plan went out the window.

Wednesday I found out we had someone new starting but no details were given and I was told they would need to learn the system but that may come a bit later so I was like okay whatever. Actually my boss thought Dad had already discussed this with me which he had not.

Thursday I was asked if I was available on Monday to meet the new person in the office and get them settled. Okay not a problem but what do they need to be trained on? I should mention this is a new position to our company so there is no training plan and everyone just seemed to know their title but no job description.

Friday I was told I would have 2 hours with the new person Monday, more training would be needed but can I fill he 2 hours. Sure I can but again I ask what am I training them on? Finally around Noon Dad came into the office, I still do not have a clear picture but at least I was given enough information to fill my 2 hours with the new person but no training plan.

Last week was a rough week, future sister in law Mom has taken a turn in her health and they say she cannot rebound from this. As well another person lost their best friend to cancer and another person's best friend daughter was in an accident and will not make it. A lot has been going on in the office outside of working, we are a tight knit group so it affected everyone.

As well bro is getting married in a few weeks. It sounds like instead of just having a small wedding and then a bigger one later it sounds like they are just going to do one wedding. It sounds like about 50 people will be there and they are doing the wedding at our family home. They had not mentioned the bridal party again and I did not want to bring it up, they have enough on their plate but last night I got a message with the requirements for the dress. I am a little worried, I have looked online and cannot find one that fit what she wants. We each need to get out own dresses as the bridesmaids live all over, including in both Canada & US and since the wedding is only a few weeks away we will only all see each other the day of the wedding.

This has me thinking we need to do something for future sister in law, due to everything going on they have not been able to do the normal weddings things. There has been no engagement party, bridal shower, bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Also I have been told my wedding present to them is a Chocolate Peanut Butter dessert to be served at the wedding. Bro is supposed to talk to me about this but has not yet.

So as always a ton going on. I have been doing little things around the house but it really needs a nice deep clean but that will have to wait.

Right now I have laundry going, that is as far as I have gotten for today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Turned out to be a busier day than anticipated!

A while back found a place not far from here where I can get custom made bookshelfs (to the sizes I wanted). They will be delivered tomorrow so had to remove the old makeshift shelving, dust, vacuum, and pile all the current books on the dining table so they can be delivered in pace tomorrow! Then just need to rearrage all the books currently in house into more order! (ha!).

I do hope all have had a wonderful day!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i missed going to see my daughter's/son-in-law's house ,due to health reasons I couldn't go ,made me sad as hubby and my son and his family will be going

I have to laugh thou as my son is a thrifty cheap person sometimes -my hubby was gonna go in their car with the 2grandaughter's and daughter-in-law ,then my son called and said "dad has a bigger trunk and we need to bring the playpen "so we can all fit into dad's car (which means he saves on gas)I think its great as I raised him to save but he did marry a girl that is a shopaholic -she even said so

I did manage to hang out one load thou

supper rice for me /and a banana
    daughter is making her meatballs and pasta for the rest of the family
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

well.. hubby wanted to be spontaonous.. so we went out for the day. 1 hand it was nice... other hand.. i still have everything i need to do ... as it was not done..

i did make it to shoppers.. got everything. and 20 000 pts . so me happy i need or rather want 43000 more to get to 600.00 for middle child for this semester. . my orginal plan was 400.00 . but the bbq i bought with a ton of pts i might add made me reevealuate it .
    i did use a 2.00 coupon. and only bought needs.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

sorry for being away my computer is finish and i have not a huge budget to remplace it altrought I will need one for school...currently i am on my dad computer.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Getting ready to go back to work. Linens are washed and line dried. Early dinner as DS1 is going out tonight and now relaxing with a glass of wine. Still need to do the hard boiled eggs for lunches. Last week DH used the insta pot and they peeled like a breeze.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I decided I just did not have it in me to work all day so I got some stuff done around the house.

Laundry has been washed, folded and put away
    I made a batch of brownies to go with Ice Cream for dessert
    I also made 2 Cherry Ricotta Loaves (I am going to take part of one to my meeting tomorrow, it is an afternoon meeting, we will need to sugar rush)
    I made a German Cucumber Salad for my lunch this week (should last 2 or 3 days)
    I also cut up a Watermelon we bought last week, we now have A LOT of watermelon
    I also made myself 2 plain bagels with Everything Cream Cheese (my new obsession) for Breakfasts this week (I am trying to eat smaller meals more often so I only take half a bagel a day)
    I cleaned as I went so the kitchen is clean
    I also took out the garbage (as it had the watermelon garbage in, we cannot compost where we live) and recycling as it was full

Then came the fun I went in my room and sat on the end of my bed and foot board came off so I had to try to get it back on. This meant moving my mattress and box spring by myself. I got it kind of put back together so I can sleep in my bed but one day when I have help we will need to try to fix this some how. Doing this may not have been a good idea as afterwards I was in pain and started to not feel well.

I did also get some work done. I did not write a training plan as Dad has been sending me emails saying he has sent to the new person so I am going in blind as he did not include me on those emails but I need to go over those emails with the new person. We will see maybe before he gets in tomorrow I will try to put something together, I only have about 2 hours with the new person before I have another meeting already booked.

All and all I am happy with how my day went, outside of my bed falling apart. Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to hopefully a relaxing night tonight.
    Only spent $45 cash on a concert ticket (The Key in Bala) so no budget clean up today from the weekend since there was no shopping/spending otherwise.

Now getting ready for camping trip. I will put containers of water in freezer to make ice tonight so really won't be spending much. Already paid for camping months ago. Will pack/plan food from home. Looking forward to no screen time!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    sorry for being away my computer is finish and i have not a huge budget to remplace it altrought I will need one for school...currently i am on my dad computer.
    See if your college has any deals for computer purchases for students. Or if there is a laptop borrowing program for those classes in which you might want to type notes on a computer. You may be able to get free Microsoft Office programs (student) through your college-check first. Don't pay at store for a new computer with MS Office if college will give you MS Office for free (installation too-that is what my friend got recently).
    barbis9, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wishy-washy weather today in Hamilton. Only when Ms. Sunshine shone brightly in mid-morning did I put my laundry outside to dry. Grasscutting has been put off for another day. Cold cuts and fruit salad have been the meals today-great way to use up leftovers and not heat anything.

Weekend can collection netted $1.70. Spent money on Pepsi and some clearance chocolate at Shoppers (had some other change). Today's can haul: 70 cents plus a dime I found on the ground.
    @SassyAshley -it'd be reasonable to ask Bro and Dad why they have not provided you with advance notice on things (it's a basic courtesy matter), considering you are still on the mend from your surgery. Going forward, tell them that anything they plan in your name is not your concern when you have no idea or min. 72h notice. If your company does not yet have a formal HR dept/person, it's time to bring the matter to the next company meeting. I'd love for you to have summer weekends just doing things for yourself so the recovery continues and you make some personal happy memories.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just paid my mastercard off in full and I did use it a lot last month spent just over 150.00,but got some nice new clothing for hubby and I ,Ashlyn a few new clothing for back to school,sebastians birthday gift,elita brief for me (decided to invest in one nice pair of undies-lol)

Indigo has free shipping so my daughter's birthday is coming up ,so bought her a stainless water bottle as she left her last one in the show when they took Sebastian .They are not that cheap either-I looked at the bay and indigo was cheaper plus got 4%ebates back so that helps in the cost -lol
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Up to my ears in book piles today! Two bookshelves were delivered and fit the spaces perfectly and look great! Started moving books but still a long way to go! Biggest problem is getting the cats off the shelves!! At least they are dusting for me! HA!

Have a great evening all!
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! 2 work days for me then off camping!
    Dinner and swim at cottage with my sister and family tonight.
    Then home and hopefully do at least one load of laundry and put away the clean stuff.
    Fridge needs a clean out too. See what we need to use up tomorrow night before we go camping. I'm still itching to make a homemade pasta sauce. Maybe tomorrow night while DS is at work.

Have a great day everyone!
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon-was having a chat with my dear daughter on her way to work and she told me to buy psyllium husk for some of my problems ,love chatting to her

Then went and did some banking ,popped into fortinos bought a few fruits and romaine lettuce ,fish plus the psyllium husk only cost .97 cents in the bulk section ,few other items and used up 20.00 in p.c points

Did 2 loads today hung both out
    Supper tonight baked potatoes ,corn ,hamburg and romaine salad
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Aug 13th, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information