User Tag List

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Feeling off today but rallied in the afternoon to cut the usual grass sections that I like to look good (I have a red face (did not wear hat) and a headache). We've consumed most of the fruit in the house and the cold cuts are down to one spicy version that I'll ask Mom to bin. Plan to roast my sweet potatoes tonight (cut up and seasoned with lemon and rosemary) so that Mom will have them tomorrow with canned fish (one of the two varieties she is not keen on but that's what I was able to get with $6).

Gave the green cart a wash/bleach rinse. The odours from the fruit scraps decomposing were too much. Fresher cart now.

Finally jotted a letter to a relative using that pricey airmail paper from my December purchase. May jot a second letter to another relation (summertime mail may be welcome). Got Mom to jot a cheque for the phone line (bill came yesterday) so that was put into the mailbox today-yay!

I too will be glancing online for dresses for Mom-she needs something soon but I did not like her original idea.

The leftover sparkling waters and mineral waters are in the fridge and we are certainly enjoying them on these hot days. I printed off the next 7 days of weather and saw that we are going to feel temps above 30+C starting on Sunday. Not a fan...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today is my birthday mom took me out to local sushi restaurant then I tackled my laundry afterwards when I got home. I did two loads one of just towels and then mix of towels with pillow cases and some sleeveless tops. The just towels were in a washer that looked like the spinner was broken because it sud my towels then didn’t rinse cycle enough and there’s suppose to be two rinse cycles so it costed me two credits. I phoned the staff over the issue and they came to pay for my dry over the issue. I was lucky I only had to dry once I was so tired plus out of energy by the time I folded it and brought it upstairs. I put it all away and had less then 15mins before I had another appointment which meant back downstairs. Now I am laying down with a migraine but I took a pill before it got out of control. It’s hot outside again feels like 27C but actual temp is 25C.

I got some money from my mom with stipulations I need to get a haircut. but I don’t need one right now it’s pretty short right now.

Anyway I am going to close my eyes for a time listen to some music that’s playing talk laters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 5 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Today is my birthday mom took me out to local sushi restaurant then I tackled my laundry afterwards when I got home. I did two loads one of just towels and then mix of towels with pillow cases and some sleeveless tops. The just towels were in a washer that looked like the spinner was broken because it sud my towels then didn’t rinse cycle enough and there’s suppose to be two rinse cycles so it costed me two credits. I phoned the staff over the issue and they came to pay for my dry over the issue. I was lucky I only had to dry once I was so tired plus out of energy by the time I folded it and brought it upstairs. I put it all away and had less then 15mins before I had another appointment which meant back downstairs. Now I am laying down with a migraine but I took a pill before it got out of control. It’s hot outside again feels like 27C but actual temp is 25C.

I got some money from my mom with stipulations I need to get a haircut. but I don’t need one right now it’s pretty short right now.

Anyway I am going to close my eyes for a time listen to some music that’s playing talk laters.

Happy birthday, I hope you have an amazing year.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Today is my birthday
    Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday!!
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@greentires4me Wishing you a Happy Belated Birthday
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Greentires4me - happy happy birthday!!!
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Birthday Greentires4me!
    Ciel, SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went for dinner at the cottage with my sister and her family. A few of her friends were there visiting with their young kids. My youngest DS was good and played with them in the water.

Had a nice dinner. After dinner My B-I-L cooked up ground beef and onions for pasta sauce and an entire large Costco package of chicken on skewers and sent me home with most of it! Score!

Packing us up for camping tonight. Packing us a healthy lunch that we will stop on our travels to the Bruce Pennisula to eat. We will have dinner out in Tobermory and will bring stuff for a quick breakfast. Trying to make it simple and easy so we can use most of our time exploring.

I need to do a few loads of laundry tonight for sure....Boy did it pile up!!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday became a very stressful day with one particular daycare family. I had a dental cleaning in the morning, which resulted in a sore mouth. Dh had a tough day at work and wasn’t feeling very good in the evening. I’ve made 2 coupon trades I’ve the last two days. One lady stopped by for some dill yesterday, she lives down the block from us and loves to watch ds on his way to and from school. She brought two medium sized freezer bags full of home made creamed form, which was still warm.

I wish I had done this sooner. Last night I took a good 2hrs cleaning, tossing, and donating items out of the big shelves above my washer and dryer. Most items were kept, but organized for priority of use, etc. There are 6 shelves there. I did the same thing with 3 deep shelves off the kitchen, by our back door. It looks so much better now. When I was ready to put things in certain shelves I called for dh’s help. There are some products that he uses way more than I do. Dh is 2” shorter than me, so I tried not to put things out of his reach. I used a chair to put rarely used items on a top shelf, etc.

I now have room for more stockpile items. I am particular as to the extra items that I’ll purchase for our family, obviously things we will use. I’m hoping that Smuckers Jam comes on sale before August 31. I stocked up on it some in June with $1 off coupons that I traded for, but I didn’t use them all because I wasn’t certain about the spot to store them in. I also want to pick up a few more Old Spice deoderants. I’ve gotten pc offers, used $1 off coupons, and PM’d...but it didn’t work out last time because No Frills still hadn’t re-stocked the original scent. My NF will only pm 3 stores in town. Then I kicked myself because I forgot to pick them up at Sobeys on 10% off Tuesday, where they were on sale that week.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

greentires for me -happy belated birthday

Well of to value village this morning with 3 bags and a box ,got 20% off coupon then used it on 3 puzzles and a pair of sunglasses came to 9.00 -bargain

Then stopped into canadian tire got garbage bags and paper leaf bags and a pruner for my daughter , a small token for their new house plus I will give her 300.00 as a house warming gift ,then she can use it as she wishes .I didnt buy them anything when they moved into their condo and I had bought son a bbq years back when he moved into his first house

Hung a load out on the line
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was worried sick last night when I didn’t hear from my friend Tracy I was up until 2:30am it was probably until shortly after I was asleep. But she came home and fell asleep totally forgetting about me. I would of gone to bed sooner if I knew she was safe and sound. But anyway I wasn’t feeling to hot when I laid down to sleep I spent a good deal in bathroom before I guess I drifted off to sleep or passed out in my bed. I took off the dumb shorts that my mom bought me for bed I find I lay down they ride on me making me hotter and sticker. Back to the ninja turtles pj pants.

When I woke this morning I checked my messages I had a message from Tracy an hour before I awoke. Asking me what my favourite color is of course I had to get back to her on that. She came with $100 in 50s she made me close my eyes and then put them on top of my face I was basically blind and couldn’t see what was there when I had opened them. I am trying to decide if I shop online or poco Walmart. I really like the selection at poco Walmart. I’ll probably be there today...I want to replace the bra extender with small size because the one I got don’t fit the bra I have. I really hate wearing bras I really do because of my scheurmann’s kyposis it makes me squish into something that doesn’t conform to my shape of my body. It’s the same like anything in my wardrobe shirts never fit right. Then all my life I have had bosses that were cruel insensitive to my situation who would say if I stood up straight I would get more things in life. Like as though I had low self esteem. But the curvature of my spine makes it so I cannot at all stand up straight. It looks like I don’t care about myself if I look like I am slouching but honestly it’s because that’s where my definite curve is in my spine. In thoracic part of my body and it’s really pronounced more so as I have aged. Most people with my type scoliosis don’t live very long because as the years go on the curve starts to make it harder to breath, eat, sleep and basically function.

Anyway I need to get dressed I am suppose to be leaving at 9:50am for my appointment in Coquitlam at 10:30...my mom is driving if I was taking the bus I would of gotten up much earlier. Because it’s an hour into Coquitlam on bus #1 then another 15 min walk to bus stop #2 then 30min on the bus then another 30mins all up hill walk. So 2hrs 15min all together it would be faster if I was going into Vancouver. someone rated our bus service number 1 in the country I don’t think so Winnipeg when I was there for katimavik they had more bus service going through the city as a whole then we do for metro Vancouver. Considering there is like 5million people that live in metro Vancouver. And there is 85,000 thousand people who live in my town.

Okay gotta stop texting lol laters

Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. this summer is kicking my tush.
    our driveway is nearly done. the lady should be over to check it.. there is a spot that needs a bit of work... anyhoo. nearly done.

i am hoping kids will be gone at reg time. give me a bit of time to work on the backyard.
    tonight is bbq.

foodland flyer is out .. leadbetters bacon ... 4.99 .. might cash in 30.00 worth of airmiles and doa bacon stock up. cause... its bacon... and free rocks.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday Greentires2me
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry on the go. Pasta sauce and pasta made for dinner. Will run dishwasher tonight and have DS empty it in the morning. Filled up car with gas and grabbed croissants to make sandwiches for tomorrow.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday, @greentires4me ! May you have a lovely cooler day this week! Does your area Canadian Tire store have an Instant Pot on sale until August 15? My ON flyer shows the Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt version as sale price at $69.99 (30% off $99.99 regular price). I entered Vancouver BC on the website and I see the same offer on pg. 2 of the flyer. Unless of course your mother came through with the device as a gift?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information