User Tag List

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So happy. DH has worked on contract for the past 6 months and today he accepted a full time offer with the same company. Breathing a sigh of relief. The youngest was stunned into silence by his birthday gift. He has been begging to go to NYC for years and I am a fan of experience gifts so we gave him thanksgiving weekend in NYC. With his parents and brother of course. Yes it’s expensive but our days of travel with the boys will soon come to a close and knowing how much he wanted this totally makes it worth it. He was over the moon. My mom gave him something that had been my dads and his brother is also getting a gift that had been dads. Both boys were very excited by the gift.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was a very good day for you! Congrats to all involved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    So happy. DH has worked on contract for the past 6 months and today he accepted a full time offer with the same company. Breathing a sigh of relief. The youngest was stunned into silence by his birthday gift. He has been begging to go to NYC for years and I am a fan of experience gifts so we gave him thanksgiving weekend in NYC. With his parents and brother of course. Yes it’s expensive but our days of travel with the boys will soon come to a close and knowing how much he wanted this totally makes it worth it. He was over the moon. My mom gave him something that had been my dads and his brother is also getting a gift that had been dads. Both boys were very excited by the gift.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats on your DH's full time job Lilo
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. my work week is done. so tired. the kids were high energy . tuesday will be so calmer.

hit the blue friday sale at foodland. got a couple of things
    i want to go to shoppers 20x tomorow
    i am seriously looking forward to 3 days off.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I have been quiet lately as work has really been hitting me hard the last 2 weeks. There has been a ton of late nights, a ton of stress and a lot of feeling overwhelmed and just to add in a little more fun (oh total sarcasm) I decided to get a skin infection. If anyone ever says let's launch a website, it will be fun look at all the facts first. We have over 2000 active customers, over 7500 active parts so needless to say leading up to this has been horrible mentally and physically. Plus I have been doing my job on top of it. We launched today, still quite a bit of work to be done but we are live.

I worked out of town yesterday so I decided to go grocery shopping after work. We did not need a lot but we did need conditioner as some how we ran out. Superstore had it on sale plus I had an off for 600 pts/$3 spent. I also decided to grab a few stock up items. I got:
    3 x Shampoo $3.99 600 pts/$3
    3 x Conditioner $3.99 600 pts/$3
    1 x Different Shampoo $2.99
    1 x Different Conditioner $2.99
    2 x Big bags of Sugar $3.48
    4 x Diced Tomatoes $1.00
    2 x Big Packs of Mushrooms $3.48 + 100 pts/$
    2 x 3 - Pack Cucumber $2.98 + 100 pts/$
    2 x Bread $1.97 + 100 pts/$

I was happy until I got home and realized I forgot Milk so I needed to go to No Frills after work tonight. I purposely did not grab a cart as I just wanted to grab milk. Silly Silly me, my basket was over flowing before I even left the produce section, I got:
    4 x Zucchini $0.94/lb
    1 x Cauliflower $1.97
    1 x Broccoli $0.97
    1 x Cherry Tomato $0.94
    8 x Corn $0.14
    1 x Hot Dog Bun $1.94
    2 x Bread $1.74 + 100 pts/$
    2 x Cereal $1.91 + 100 pts/$
    1 x Milk

All and all I am super happy with what I got and am hoping to get some cooking done this weekend. I did some cooking last weekend as the week before I had 3 days in a row I only ate dinner as I was so busy I just did not eat and we had no food ready so some days I didn't even take food with me. So I am hoping to do the same this weekend so I have to eat especially now with the meds I am on.

Not much else going on, my house got some attention last week but nothing this week so it really needs a good deep clean. Mom's work is still all over the place, one minute there is hope the next, it is what it is.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening, will see if I can get a few more things done before bed.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -great news and such a nice gift of experience for your son

Jumped on the bandwagon ,daughter just told me the bay had a paw patrol transport truck on for 23.96 reg 79.99 well i bought it .First toy xmas gift for Sebastian -yippee a great deal of course I thru in Crayola twistable pencils ,fuzzy colouring book ,a top for Ashlyn and a towel for me so I wouldn't have to pay shipping
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A second hand store was having a 50% off everything sale today.
    $3.75 oop for Lined fall coat with hood for twin boy, pants for twin boy, t-shirts for ds, swim shirt for twin girl.

Sobeys Blue Friday
    $102.xx oop, $24.49 in coupons, 398AM earned. I was happy that I only needed one rain check to use another time.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

on track for today... basement and family room. both are nearly cleaned.
    i will get the kitchen spotless when i do supper.

tomorrow. its the top floor.

i also want to spend at least a hour outside... in teh afternoon.

20x shop today. i have some great coupons to use up.
    i think hubby and i will go see a movie this afternooon. i really want to see Angel has fallen.
    home for supper. we need to go to my moms as well. ;0
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my shoppers...

managed to use card bonus points, in store points, 20.00 in coupons and 20x points day... got 48 200 in points

got milk, cream , cheese. dog treats ( sale) conditioner for youngest... sale and bonus points! nail polish ( used my coupons ... 20.00!!) and emery boards, as well as deo .. sale.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy long weekend all! We are "sort of" camping this weekend. Meaning SO and the boys are both working, the camper is at the campground for the next 11 days (out of our back alley and getting used!) So we will spend the evening there and possibly the night depending on what time each boy has to be at work.

Over the summer with our oldest gone for the summer we found that we eat way less carbs, less pasta and meat sauces, go through less parmasean cheese and WAY less white bread. Our youngest and us have been very much enjoying extra veggies and saladas and whole wheat or muktigrain breads. Our oldest is back this week, who graduated this past june and is "upgrading" for a year to raise his marks to get into small engine repair. It will likely be a reversion of diet because he is a meat and carbs person and wont eat veggies (the fight has been ona few times over veggies)

The more carbs will likely lower what we've been spending grocery wise.

I'm personally looking forward to the start of hockey season (dont tell SO it's finally grown on me after 7 years). I admit its mainly though because we will have 3 nights a week that if i go with them to practice... i can spend a decent amount of time using the walking track and getting some exercise in while watching. And then knitting while we watch fir the rest of the time.

Two years ago i had lost 50 pounds and then was put on insulin which caused me to rapidly regain 30 of the lost pounds. Diet has changed we eat less we snack less but the last 10 of the regained pounds still hold on and my gaol by christmas is to exercise more and get those last few and then some off. The bonus is with hockey the walking track is free access!

I purchased myself a new laptop on a payment plan through dell last month. Waitin for them to take the first payment. I plan to have it fully paid off before July of next year so i dont have to pay the interest. The payment plan is for two years including interest. Once i get my data moved from the old laptop I plan to wipe it clean to factory and sell it on facebook for a portion of the payments on the new laptop. I use them almost daily to do transcription services for a second income. So the purchase is also a write off for income tax come tax time!

We have invested more money on dog food lately. Better quality stuff and the investment i think is paying off as Dragon's allergies are doing better which means fewer vet visits, fewer anal gland expressions and a happier pup. She is 13 and a half now so I want her to continue to be happy and comfortable not suffer with allergies or bad food. We spend 63 dollars a bag of food which for our two dogs lasts almost 2 months... before we were spending 29 to 35 and no soft food. We also buy the 2.89 dollar cans of food which i give them each a tablespoon a day out of so a can last 3 days for 2 dogs. The soft food has helped to soften their coats and with skin issues. All in all for 36 cans of dog food and two bags of crunchies every 3 and a half to four months we spend about 250 plus tax or less coupons and rewards redeptions.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we buy a good brand of dog food... re slightly expensive. however the investment has really paid off . we rarly have to take them to the vet, thier coats are amazing,and solid poops... so all in all good stuff totally worth it
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all! Dropped DS off at work this morning. Stopped at SDM and spent $0. So no 20x points for me i just don't need anything.
    Ive been in cleaning mode. Laundry on the go. Cleaned out linen closet finally. Garbage bag full and lots of treasures found to use up. Including a 500 pk of qtips that i almost bought more at Costco.
    Cleaning my dresser now and tossing crap. Posted new rubbermaid items on kijii.
    Bought 2 pairs of jeans from MARKS yesterday. Used 50 gc but paid $121 still ( expensive jeans on sale buy 1 get one 50 % off.) Decided i am returning today since i love my pair i have and i can wash and wear for awhile. I also have a pile to return to Costco.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I took out plastic and newspaper I was accumulating after coming back from no frills.

On the way home from no frills 3 different people asked me for money. I paid with points and felt little peeved when these people who asked me for money. One said they needed $3 for the bus, another said they needed a drink for $5 and someone I know wanted me to give them $10. I said I am not a bank or money tree I don’t have money to give out to people if I cannot even pay for my own groceries. I tried giving someone a drink I had in my cart and they said not that kind of drink. I said sorry I cannot help you then. Learn to say what you really need the money for and people will be less likely to say no.

I bought axe body wash mini bottles 50% off for $0.25 I got 8 of them for $2, I bought peach ice tea from nestea for 1.77$ +$0.50 deposit, peace tea snoberry $0.87 each 2.61+0.15 deposit, royale Kleenex 6pack 4.47$, garbage bags $5.97, cotton candy $1.47, field greens $4.82, mini chocolate crossiants 50% I paid $2.50, paper plates $8, spinach dip $1.94, Japanese mango gummy’s $1.87 and salted soup crackers $7.27. I paid 50,000 in points and $1.20 in change.

My no frills doesn’t give out plastic bags anymore to take home groceries. So you have to pay for crappy cloth bags that are either too big or too small. Thrifty foods have the best cloth bags and if u want to walk really far save on foods does too.

I wanted to buy meat but there was nothing that stood out and European wieners were $16.50 ouch.

It’s 21C outside but it’s sticky and muggy. I got the shopping over with now I gotta do my laundry. I hate going downstairs to do my laundry it’s so boring down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cool and rainy here-you know fall is in the air when you put your corduroy pants on for the first time of the season! DH and I went for a 10 minute bike ride before we turned back-hopefully it will brighten up. We played a game of Scrabble-which I love-him not so much but he was a good sport.

Waiting for the rain to subside to finish picking potatoes, raspberries and go for another bike ride or walk. This is the first labour day in many years that I have not been busy getting kids back to school in some fashion-seems weird but I am not complaining. DD starts 3rd year of uni next week and kept her apt over the summer so she is all set to go. As long as Mum and Dad cough up their share of the cash for fees, books etc. DH and I are heading out there for a short visit later in September.

FBM-I am also thinking I need to sort out some clothes papers etc once DH heads back to work next week. At least we got the basic housework done a couple of days ago. I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Aug 31st, 2019 at 03:07 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    we buy a good brand of dog food... re slightly expensive. however the investment has really paid off . we rarly have to take them to the vet, thier coats are amazing,and solid poops... so all in all good stuff totally worth it
    @Giseledta same here we only take our dog when he needs his vaccinations. And this year we got his teeth cleaned so did a full blood work since it was referred to as surgery. Fingers cross he stays healthy

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information