User Tag List

Page 644 of 654 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So people in Ontario with their first #Snowstorm in the Golden Horseshoe-don't keep showing how you illegally toss snow into the road. I really expect bylaw or City plow crews or police to toss you a $$$ ticket for that endeavour. Yes, a local person was visibly tossing the windrow snow into the road. I sent the City a tweet.
    cath007 and Linda Evans like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    So people in Ontario with their first #Snowstorm in the Golden Horseshoe-don't keep showing how you illegally toss snow into the road. I really expect bylaw or City plow crews or police to toss you a $$$ ticket for that endeavour. Yes, a local person was visibly tossing the windrow snow into the road. I sent the City a tweet.
    Those cars with a foot of snow or ICE on roof happily scooting along the 401 as always a delight. To avoid!
    Ciel, cath007, alex78 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@dyalect Those cars are spotted at local plazas with drivers happily driving that snow load on roof or hood or trunks. Highway speeds for snow can be lethal but the locals doing the same on local roads are to be not tailgated. Not worth the karma they'll get courtesy of someone else's load of snow coming their way...

Today as there are two police cars acting as security for the pipe lining crew now working the EB curb lane in Ancaster, maybe some tickets will get issued once the cars go off site-duty and back to the station.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    As a former Chapters employee, I know what you speak of. The online channel is separate entity from the store in terms of pricing. I had some conversations with in-store customers wanting the same price as online website had. Had to explain that 24h delivery does not mean next day but 3 business days (allowing 8 business hours per day) from distribution centre to store for pickup too.

Hope that you find the book engaging after your disappointment over the price in-store.

because of it they did lose out on the sale to Costco, they had the book $10 cheaper then chapters in store (illustrated harry potter book) and i ended up buying a second book that was part of a series my daughter liked.. so they ended up missing out on 2 book sales...and it does make me less likely to shop at the store (not that i'm a huge book buyer.. but i do continue with some series i want in hard copy)
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I thought i should report because I am so happy with myself, that if you read my thread earlier where i had a full on attack in the checkout line, that today i went shopping on a Sunday afternoon...i had to...no choice. It is the busiest day of the week in my town for grocery shopping. (maybe in a lot of towns) anyways. i went because kiddo needed school foods. usually i break down in busy situations, but i used tools i got from therapy which i just started, and i did not once call my husband on the phone, nor did i call anyone. The line was long and i did kind of almost lose it there but i just started reading the magazines and how stupid the stories were within the checkout line. I'm a work in progress, but, atleast i am not curled into a ball or not shopping at all for myself.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 7 others like this.

~just your average nerd~

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@TudorChick that was terrific that you remained in control. I have not gone back to read your earlier post just yet.
    Hoping for continued progress for you!
    What you were describing threw me right back into the experience DH and I had last night at Giant Tigers Family & Friends event. I always get the invite to go ( they have a 2 hour shopping time period AFTER the store closes for those with the invite ) but until last night I had never attended.

DH came with me just to get out I think. We began our hunt down each aisle looking for some clothing items he wanted as well as various Christmas gifts for the gang and all were at 25% off.
    The place WAS so packed and navigating my cart around was aggravating in itself. Just over an hour later it was time to checkout.

To my utter disbelief the line to pay stretched 3 full aisles long!
    It formed a giant letter U, from the tills it snaked down the first aisle, across the back chip/pop wall and then turned along the freezer/dairy side!
    We were behind the that dairy area when we had to decide how badly we wanted these deals?

Anger bubbled up, and my need to solve this cashier issue sprung into action! Fail...I was informed politely that there are only 5 actual cash registers, so the line was moving as fast as it could.
    Then I became ( quietly ) indignant! Honestly! I refuse to wait in any line, this is not acceptable!
    If I had been allowed to stew in my mood someone was going to get an earful, but then....

I spoke with DH ( Bless his heart! ) and he left it up to me. He'd leave the full cart right there if I wanted but then said " you know, the line is actually moving pretty efficiently " and said he'd be willing to wait if I wanted to get this stuff.
    Crisis averted! I complained to no one after that. Instead we struck up a pretty funny conversation with others in line, and we all agreed " we were nuts! " for letting this 25% off event get to us.
    Tweets77, JadeAngel, Ciel and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @TudorChick that was terrific that you remained in control. I have not gone back to read your earlier post just yet.
    What you were describing threw me right back into the experience DH and I had last night at Giant Tigers Family & Friends event. I always get the invite to go ( they have a 2 hour shopping time period AFTER the store closes for those with the invite ) but until last night I had never attended.

DH came with me just to get out I think. We began our hunt down each aisle looking for some clothing items he wanted as well as various Christmas gifts for the gang and all were at 25% off.
    The place WAS so packed and navigating my cart around was aggravating in itself. Just over an hour later it was time to checkout.

It formed a giant letter U, from the tills it snaked down the first aisle, across the back chip/pop wall and then turned along the freezer/dairy side!
    We were behind the that dairy area when we had to decide how badly we wanted these deals?

Anger bubbled up, and my need to solve this cashier issue sprung into action! Fail...I was informed politely that there are only 5 actual cash registers, so the line was moving as fast as it could.
    Then I became ( quietly ) indignant! Honestly! I refuse to wait in any line, this is not acceptable!
    If I had been allowed to stew in my mood someone was going to get an earful, but then....

I spoke with DH ( Bless his heart! ) and he left it up to me. He'd leave the full cart right there if I wanted but then said " you know, the line is actually moving pretty efficiently " and said he'd be willing to wait if I wanted to get this stuff.
    Crisis averted! I complained to no one after that. Instead we struck up a pretty funny conversation with others in line, and we all agreed " we were nuts! " for letting this 25% off event get to us.
    I have to agree @walkonby ! I have done the same thing!
    Ciel, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    I thought i should report because I am so happy with myself, that if you read my thread earlier where i had a full on attack in the checkout line, that today i went shopping on a Sunday afternoon...i had to...no choice. It is the busiest day of the week in my town for grocery shopping. (maybe in a lot of towns) anyways. i went because kiddo needed school foods. usually i break down in busy situations, but i used tools i got from therapy which i just started, and i did not once call my husband on the phone, nor did i call anyone. The line was long and i did kind of almost lose it there but i just started reading the magazines and how stupid the stories were within the checkout line. I'm a work in progress, but, atleast i am not curled into a ball or not shopping at all for myself.
    wtg on using your new tools
    I also read the magazines when the line is long
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

@walkonby , hope you got some good deals
    I have left a full cart too when they have very few cashiers and they knew that there would be many people shopping
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i"m sorry in advance, but this rant away thread has helped me so much...

I left a note on my brothers' door.

Backstory, my brother is a favorite in the family, he is in band and so popular in town and in my family for years. my grandma (bless her soul) loved him so much. he could do no wrong. he treated everyone with disrespect. always shows up late, etc...it was always ok. i show up late oh my god it would be the end of me..

anyhow. my brother has been very selfish and not considerate the past few dinners. we only have them 4 times a year so..

i finally let my brother have it. he made my dad upset not showing up to Thanksgiving. My dad left him food and his dog a bone for a week and finally thrown it away. My dad would never tell my brother this.

Well i did. i let him know how sad my dad was, how he was waiting for his son.

My brothers' response was... "oh, that sucks"

So anyway, after so many weeks now of ignored but seen messages, I have to go to my brother's physical door and write a message in paper and pen, to tell him to call me and to grow the f up. I am 5 years his junior. I never want to see my Dad, who survived a heart attack, see his only son be an asshat. I'm so mad...
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

~just your average nerd~

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

tudor chick wow he needs to grow up ,you sound like the very mature one even thou you are younger .Hopefully it all works out for you .

I myself have a younger brother by a few years who has always put himself first and he hurt my dear mother when she was here on earth ,he is no longer in my life . I tried too ,so good luck and rant away we don't mind .
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    tudor chick wow he needs to grow up ,you sound like the very mature one even thou you are younger .Hopefully it all works out for you .

I myself have a younger brother by a few years who has always put himself first and he hurt my dear mother when she was here on earth ,he is no longer in my life . I tried too ,so good luck and rant away we don't mind .

Thank you. i try to not have him in my life, but my parents love him so much and that is where things happen. he knows he can turn them at his will as they are seniors now and wont fight him as much.

i will fight him though. its getting to that point
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.

~just your average nerd~

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    Thank you. i try to not have him in my life, but my parents love him so much and that is where things happen. he knows he can turn them at his will as they are seniors now and wont fight him as much.

i will fight him though. its getting to that point
    Ignoring works wonders. Out of sight out of mind. Not really your fight, but because it hurts your parents it still stings. Some people are just selfish and don't care. That note probably went in trash but hey if you makes you feel better.

My brother in law couldn't be bothered to show up for either of my kids births. In one case it took a whole year for him to show his face. Lived a whole hour away. He is in another province now. Good riddance.
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I too have a very toxic relative which after years of struggling (as they were the apple in the family's eyes), I decided to no longer to have a relationship for my own sanity. Unfortunately you can't change a person, but you can change your reaction to them. I agree with above, it is painful to watch your parents being upset, but there isn't much you can do. However I am a strong believer in what comes around, goes around and trust that all of this will come back to haunt him at some point down the road.
    Ciel, coupon girl and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thank You. I did calm down more. He still hasnt responded to either my texts last week or the letter. I cant let him drag me down. My sister and i love being around my parents and i guess that will be our way of fighting back against his attitude. Ive lost a lot of family members and these years with my parents are important to me. I best spend them happily.
    barbis9, cath007 and dyalect like this.

~just your average nerd~

Page 644 of 654 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 ... LastLast

Thread Information