User Tag List

Page 1156 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 156 656 1056 1106 1146 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1166 1206 1256 1656 ... LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,340 of 29342
Like Tree118504Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm exhausted!

I had purchased a gorgeous, soft teal velvet (with scrollwork) throw from one of those discount mall shopping places...the reverse side is floofy off-white pile. Well, some dumb-a$$ rolled it up and bound it together with wide clear tape, and when I pulled it off, off came some of the velvet, enough to notice. I went to Fabricland to purchase wide teal ribbon to sew all the way down that area but did I find teal? No. Torquoise...sure, but not what I needed.

So...falling asleep last night, I had a brainstorm!! I had wanted to sew pillow covers for a few pillows for their teal and off-white den, had some suede here, but hey!! I have teal fabric on that throw!! So I cut the border off, cut the fabric to make 1-18x18 pillow, 2-16x16 pillows, and 1-20x25 pillow! And did a lot of vacuuming-up of fluff! My back is killing me now, so later I'll cut out the ivory floof for the back and sew 'em all together! Yay!! Problem solved! They'll look gorgeous in the den on the soft teal retro-style sofa, and the room has teal accents like a vintage clock, etc. Another Christmas gift done! It's nothing extravagant, I paid 7.50 for the throw and had the pillows here!!

I hope it's not too early for a wine cooler, because that's what I'm having and I don't care who knows!! It was that or a Robax Platinum that our doctor doesn't want me to take. I think I made the right choice.

How's everyone else doing today?
    walkonby likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cheers!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

GoJays and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I'm exhausted!
    I had purchased a gorgeous, soft teal velvet (with scrollwork) throw from one of those discount mall shopping places...the reverse side is floofy off-white pile. Well, some dumb-a$$ rolled it up and bound it together with wide clear tape, and when I pulled it off, off came some of the velvet, enough to notice.

I cut the border off, cut the fabric to make 1-18x18 pillow, 2-16x16 pillows, and 1-20x25 pillow! They'll look gorgeous in the den on the soft teal retro-style sofa. It's nothing extravagant, I paid 7.50 for the throw and had the pillows here!!
    I hope it's not too early for a wine cooler, because that's what I'm having and I don't care who knows!!
    @Lynn49 The problem Solver!!
    Perfect re-purposed fix for that blemished floofy throw . Best of all you had everything you needed to fashion the new pillows. No heading back out into the bitter cold to buy any materials. Sip away and enjoy your wine cooler!!

My day began well enough. At physio I gave about an 80% effort, some visits are like that.
    Then a quick stop into FreshCo to get in their 2 day deals. Nothing too spectacular, frozen large shrimp, Cool Whip and TP, but as I turned down an aisle I did NOT expect to see bottles of Australian wine.
    ( Since when did FreshCo get into that? ) Maybe I just never turned into that area before.

Anyhow, DH used to love that YellowTail stuff ( Shiraz? ) so I picked one up for him ( us! ) ...this way I get to wrap it up in a pretty knitted bottle gift bag I've had for a while and never wanted to give away!! This way it stays in da family.

The Macy's parade? Forgot to set the tv to record before I left! All I caught was the Macy's singing Christmas tree and Santa!
    I did look online at the still photos of all the floats. Hmmm, so since the wind was touch and go for having the floats, but then they got the O.K. to fly them, I must ask....do they always have them so low?
    In the still pics I saw most of the floats seemed to be downward facing almost crawling horizontal instead of more upright.
    maybe the people with the ropes were told to keep them down?

o.k. Lynn get on that for me will ya.... if anyone would know you would.

Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Nov 28th, 2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @walkonby , yes the balloons were being held lower than normal, which the kids really enjoyed. The reason? The wind had picked up early in the parade so the handlers were told to bring them down lower...the wind gusts higher up were playing havoc with the balloons.
    So there ya go.

I had to laugh at you hoarding that knitted wine bag, wanting to keep it in the family, hahaha. I do the same thing with "nice" boxes. They get wrapped, but everyone knows that I get them back! I dont use bags because I like to "fancy wrap" gifts.

There are still a few areas around here somewhere still without power, but we were so lucky!

Enjoy the evening, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Nov 28th, 2019 at 04:25 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi friends! @walkonby - the answer to your question is - no- they usually fly much higher, but they were keeping track of wind velocity and kept them down - almost within reach of the crowds.

I went to pick up my package at the Shoppers' Post Office nearby. There is an A&W in the same parking lot. I like their fried egg and cheese on an English biscuit much better than the Timmies version that I could just walk across my driveway to pick up. So I pulled into the Shopper's Parking lot and into a parking space and began to eat my brunch when ..BOOM! I got hit from behind by another car. Really startled me and hurt my back and neck.

Well, I jumped out to see who had run into me and, in reality, I had rolled back and run into Them!

! I checked for damage and, thankfully, just a couple of scrapes on both bumpers but no indentations.

So I waited and finally went into the store to ask them to make an announcement. Just then, I saw a woman getting into the car. I intercepted her and she phoned her husband who said that they would be fine if I just recommended a body shop who would buff it out. That is great because I looked at that bumper and it extended all the way around the back to the wheel wells.

But my back is killing me. I have made an appointment with my physiotherapist- for Tuesday and am currently lying on frozen peas. (Remind me not to eat them, ok?)

I was having such a nice day, too, but things happen, adjusting your plans as they go. Good thing I took Tootie out for a long walk this morning.

@Lynn49 - what a great idea you had about the throw/pillows. Be careful not to inhale that fuzzy stuff!

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone with connections to the States.

Take care, everyone!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone!

Had the visit yesterday afternoon from my home care coordinator and the doctor. They were here at least an hour and a half.
    Doc went over the medical stuff first, all vitals are good.
    Just no answer to my eating problem. My nausea has decreased since I have been taking less methotrexate on Mondays. She wants me to decrease by one more for a month, then another decrease after that - she is hoping the dose going down to four will still do its job, but be kinder to me.

Then came serious talk, which I had been fearing - that I had to leave the program. Turns out a patient should be in the program for six months at the most - and here I am at almost two years! So I am not cut out yet, they will keep me until we get into a new home - and there may be a chance there would be a vacancy soon. The old witch who passed me over last winter is no longer there. Fingers crossed, again!

We rounded out our visit with personal stuff, the coordinator is getting married next summer, so she showed us her dress (absolutely beautiful and suits her perfectly - lacy all over, high neck, sleeveless, a million buttons down the back - a cross between Victorian and va va voom), and we talked weddings for a while.

Anyway, lots more went on in our talk, we will miss each other so very much.

I have been feeling the same, able to eat just a bit. Our son is coming for supper, so they will have to choose somewhere from which to get takeout.

Hoping you all have a nice evening!

Name:  .facebook_1574781402899.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  81.5 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Nov 28th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1574868642622.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  99.2 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Nov 28th, 2019 at 04:47 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! I am feeling ok altrought I am tired...Kind of a bad health day... I have skin irritation with my arms due to stress I will consult my pharmacism for a cream or something tomorrow night and my foot is starting to be painful again .huh...For now I am just relaxing and listening some music and will watch tv shows.Just chilling lol .For now on I try to live 1 day at the time but for the week end I must work in my books because I want my exams before the christmas break and remaining 3 weeks of school will goes pretty fast.I am still coughing but I feel my cold is behind me.Watched the flyers need a few things not so many exciting prices I find.Will try to catch up the posts ( I have barrely the time to read them for now) and order some coupons,Ok have a good evening and night everyone!!! Yes TGIF tomorrow cannot wait for the week end...Honnestly school is not my cup of thea this week
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good evening my friends!

@Natalka - I am happy that your doctors are trying to solve your nausea and eating problems. It would be great to see you get a move, but a bittersweet time as it would mean saying goodbye to your very supportive team.

@cath007 - taking it easy is a good idea as you are not feeling well. Good luck as you head into your term exams.

The parcel that I was picking up this afternoon was my CDB oil which came in handy to relax my muscles this evening.

We had a very yummy Lasagna supper with Tiramisu for dessert. Yummers but then I binged out a bit on sweets. I may pay the price for that tomorrow.

It's payday tomorrow as the last day of the month is on Saturday. So I can pay a few bills and sort out where to from here. I have basically bought all my gifts except one for BrotherR. If I have time I will try making a couple of things that I have had in the back of my mind.

Tomorrow I have to arrange for the lady's car to get fixed. The one that I backed into this afternoon.

I watched another Christmas movie tonight. The young men in these movies are quite attractive. The female lead looked very familiar and then I realized that she played the very religious doctor on Gray's Anatomy who left the show last spring.

Well, I will bid you adieu. Sleep tight! Snuggle in for a long winter's nap.

See you tomorrow!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Nov 28th, 2019 at 11:50 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Seriously? No one? Y'all are either sleeping or shopping

Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information