User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Kind of amazing to realize we've marked almost 19 years in the 21st century. I still remember all those candle kits and 1999 year-end concerns that computers and digital devices might not work when the New Year of 2000 was rung in. And the regular playing of Prince's 1999 song.

Time to bid farewell to November coupons and offers (hello, recycling bin or delete file) and assess which December coupons and offers might best suit each member's plans for the month. Some new calendars start with December 2019, so new decor for walls! Plus recipes or possible coupons or tips! If you still use bricks and mortar banks (me!), check for 2020 wall or desk calendars at your branches soon--they can move quickly!

Along with community tree lighting events or parades, this is also about the time that holiday memorial services tend to be held. Check to see if there's one in your area if you'd like to remember someone who passed away and be with other people in a quieter setting to share stories or grief journeys.

Colder temperatures are around. Suddenly oiling locks or ensuring the batteries work in garage door openers or key fobs seems essential. Have the snow shovels been located and placed where handy? Snow melter or sand? Are the winter gloves up for shovelling or is it time to find a deal on a heavy-duty pair with grips?

If you managed to buy a new gingerbread kit and used it, did you like the final result and eat it?
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's that time again!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thank you @Ciel for starting the December thread!!! Yes I hope to order the QC dairy calendar soon they always have great recepies!!!! Wow December already??? It is that time of the year again ,it is the most wonderful time of the year lol!!! Seriously hope to meet my deadlines I fixed me at school with my books,have a wonderful not to painful Christmas with my coping with holliday 2 griefs and just be more healthy..Those are my goals for the december month and the new year resolution.I have enough candies and chocolate (aka deals and remaining halloween clearance candies lol) but I want lindt truffles so will see if I win the battle hahahah

Still no idea what to offer (gift) to my father,,,honnestly good food is a gift in himself during christmas time and it is expensive..will see
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel for starting this thread.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone
    Hard to believe that December will be here in a couple of days.
    Still soooo much to do but as my Mom used to say," Take a deep breath....relax....do one thing at a time.... and most important....enjoy today. "
    She was a very wise woman. Thanks Mom.
    Morning routine done, one load of laundry in and planning supper.
    The sun is shining....cold today....but I'm heading out for a walk. Have an amazing day everyone

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well it is that time ... off to the UK for a month of festivities .. will be busy so likely not popping in there. Have a wonderful holiday season all! See you in 2020!!

Cheerio!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I wanted to find the December frugal thread tonight, to make it easy for tomorrow.

November Savings $416.92
    Coupons redeemed
    $157.89
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $19.43
    PCO - No Frills
    $60
    Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $85
    SARCAN
    $74.60
    Gift cards received
    $10 Amazon.ca - survey
    $10 Indigo gc - promo
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Happy December, friends! If it comes in like a lion, will it go out like a lamb? Oops, wrong month! They are predicting wicked weather here today and tomorrow. I am predicting that except for trying to get in several quick dog walks, I will be working inside today.

Thanks @Ciel for starting the December thread!

I have set out gift bags for each of my family and put in them all the "little " gifts that I have purchased through the year. I use Santa Hats as stockings and when we have unpacked our hats, we wear them for a family photo.

New apartment means new places to display old decorations.

I need to write overseas cards and mail them today.

I got a SCOP on a bag of Bazooka Bubble Gum yesterday. I will add them to the Advent "Houses" that I will give to my nephews.

'Bye for now! Stay safe today!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes I got a good nights sleep went to bed 9.30 slept til 2.30 had to go to ladies bathroom then back to sleep til 5.30. I will take this feel better already so I decorated put my small fibre optic tree up(as I am not hosting this year my daughter is just like she did last year ,only we have more room as they are in the house)we don't get much company drop in .

I also put together my dear mom's village ,this is when I miss her .The grandkids will love it I also have 6 play figures ,santa ,mrs.claus and a few others (hard rubber) I got 20 some odd years ago as a xmas exchange at my job,so I am sure they will play with the figures ,which I am fine with .

Just lit my indigo xmas candle(cinnamon scent) I bought in summer 20.00 reg on for 5.00 online and was singing to xmas songs ,I am in the spirit,yes all shopping done,finished on black Friday .I just need to wrap soon

My daughter her family slept over at his brother's last night family birthday ,she had said she may stop in this morning as they all sleep in ,but I wish they would just get on the road back to Toronto as this bad weather system will be approaching soon .

Oh wow dec came in so soon ,hubby cashed an raketen cheque yesterday $19.60 and I used my RBC credit card points to order a $25.00 gas card with less points on til dec 2 a few giftcards with reduced points ,trying to keep my costs down when the bills come in jan .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Dec 1st, 2019 at 08:00 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avoncallingu-the santa hat sounds like a cute idea ,I still do stockings for my grown son/wife and my daughter her hubby and the grandkids (mind you I spend about 24.00 each on the adults ) razors are not cheap -lol. It is hard to try and fill cara's as she is only 2 and doesn't eat chocolate (maybe one small kinderegg ),so I got her mitts ,small paw patrol car and at sobeys yesterday they had gerber snacks on sale 2.09 so will give her 2 of those .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the bad weather system is at our area right now. and it is nasty. we ran out and got the few things we needed at the local ( 2 min drive ) store.
    found a 50 c coupon off any cream . good till june. omg!!!!!

home. groceries away. it was only 2 bags. we are staying put . hubby might go out and get youngest later. i am housework and jammies all day. . i do need to spaend a solid hour or 2 on craft prep.

supper is chili from the freezer.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good day all we are having very nasty weather out.
    Did some baking this morning blue berry muffin and some raspberry and strawberry in the same batter to make a three berry muffin it turned out good. Hoping the family like it. Have lots of frozen berries I want to used up

Not a frugal outing yesterday with my DDs but we enjoyed it. Went to Wonderland for there winter festival. It was beautiful it put us in the Christmas spirit.. Would recommend this for Family with kids.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    A bit of a slow start to the morning, I slept in which always make me a little slow, but with that being said laundry is almost done,, last load is in the dryer.

Thinking I might make potato soup for my lunches for the week. We have a lot of potatoes, I did not realize for some reason a bag got moved so I bought 1 more last week (on sale plus points) but now I noticed another not open bag so now we have ALOT of potatoes.

Mom is supposed to work tonight, not sure how I feel about this. The weather here is already horrible and she is supposed to work till 10 pm tonight. Plus she still has not gotten her snow tires put on. I asked her to go Thursday but she forgot. I think she is putting it off but she needs to get this done and soon.

Alright well, I am going to try to find some ambition and get some stuff done.

Stay safe to everyone in the storm area and have a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s a good day to stay in. I have two kinds of soup on the go. Older son said he likes both and with his school schedule it’s good to have extra in the freezer and I take soup for lunch pretty much everyday. I am going to spend the day inside and catching up on cleaning. I needed some groceries but nothing that can’t wait. I may wrap the few gifts I have but neither child has much of a list.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

now you guys have me craving soup.....lol

sassy... my oldests birthday is nov 29. i think her gift from us every year is going to be us paying for her snow tires to be put on. lol. we did it this year, and dang i am happy.

ok. kitchen is cleaned, spice cupboard is done, tree is up.. will decorate all week long. laundry is going.
    taking a break . then hitting pinterest for ideas for dc stuff.

i have never done cyber monday on amazon.. has anyone.. is it worth it. i have a small list.. but its a good list.
    thank goodness for sb. i am using them on some stuff.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information