User Tag List

Page 1159 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 159 659 1059 1109 1149 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1169 1209 1259 1659 ... LastLast
Results 17,371 to 17,385 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good evening friends! Nasty weather day. I face west and the wind was from the east so I didn't get the wild wind that others did. It was a challenge meeting Tootie 's needs.

By about 4:30 I went out to buy some supper. Major slush on the roads and people were flying past splashing water and slush all over my windshield. At one point I couldn't see at all. Crazy drivers!

I unearthed all my Christmas bedsheets/duvet covers. They just don't smell like home to Tootie- I had to put out my nightgown for her to find a comfy spot. Spoiled, you say?

I bet your Christmas Decorating party was fun, @Lynn49 !

The trip to Canada's Wonderland sounds fun too.

My BrotherB and his family also put up their tree. His doggie was pouting as they had to move "his" couch to accommodate the tree.

Tomorrow I have physio although my back feels a lot better except when I drive. Just that motion of foot on peddle seems to agitate it. I've tried various seating arrangements. We'll see what he says.

Well, snow supposed to come down overnight.

Take care out there, friends!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good evening friends! Nasty weather day. I face west and the wind was from the east so I didn't get the wild wind that others did. It was a challenge meeting Tootie 's needs.

By about 4:30 I went out to buy some supper. Major slush on the roads and people were flying past splashing water and slush all over my windshield. At one point I couldn't see at all. Crazy drivers!

I unearthed all my Christmas bedsheets/duvet covers. They just don't smell like home to Tootie- I had to put out my nightgown for her to find a comfy spot. Spoiled, you say?

I bet your Christmas Decorating party was fun, @Lynn49!

The trip to Canada's Wonderland sounds fun too.

My BrotherB and his family also put up their tree. His doggie was pouting as they had to move "his" couch to accommodate the tree.

Tomorrow I have physio although my back feels a lot better except when I drive. Just that motion of foot on peddle seems to agitate it. I've tried various seating arrangements. We'll see what he says.

Well, snow supposed to come down overnight.

Take care out there, friends!
    Hi, @avoncallingu , yes it really was fun!! Our GS is quite good at putting garlands and baubles on the tree, did most of it himself, and DD and I tidied it up a little when he wasn't looking.

Who's going to Wonderland?

Stay safe out there, Avon!! That pile-up near Kingston was so tragic...damn people who don't know how to drive or aren't prepared to drive in nasty weather, taking other people's lives?!! Just be careful, everyone!!!

Happy December!! I imagine y'all know what the countdown is now, huh?
    avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Looks like I beat @GoJays here today...either she's brushing all the snow off the nest...or (I'm hoping for her) that she's sleeping in because the Young Jays all have the day off school.

Snow day here for me. Got snow'd out...yes out.
    Snow came down last night, fine.
    Plowed the driveway this morning, before the snow plow went by our road, fine.
    Snow plow went by, fine.
    Our road out to the main road, fine.
    Main road...not so fine.
    Made it into town ok, but ended up getting stuck in town because nothing was plowed outwards of town...and town is 'generally' at the lowest point in the valley area we live in...so getting back home, even with snow tires and 4 wheel drive, was not happening...
    Waited a good hour, and followed the next snow plow along the main road back to our place...

Home now...Coffee, work. What a wonderful start to the week.

Have a wonderful (snowy) day folks.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @danger_dan

you are correct about the roads my DH has a 10 min drive to work in normal weather He left hone since 6:40 and is still in traffic. I told him to call a sick day but would not listen. My younger DD has no choice because she has presentation for school hoping she gets there safe and on time . First winter for her and she hates to drive but there is no choice for her since she choose to live home.

Be safe everyone cleaning the snow and on the roads

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What a morning! My plans were....shovel the path and driveway, clear the vehicle, check if I need to gas up, head out to do my Rexall STB offer ( starts today ), drop 2 books back at the library and then pick up a few items from NF on the way back.

What actually happened.
    I caught " something " on Saturday, which bled into Sunday. I was MISERABLE! Painful hacking cough, sinuses full, weak-kneed , nauseous, and I slept most of the weekend away.
    I crawled out of bed pretty late this morning, took one look out there and cancelled everything I had planned to do.

Coffee helped and then I settled in and started another book. Rexall can wait.

So....that was quite the adventure you had trying to get into work @danger_dan ?! I think it worked out best with you staying put at home. Roads will be all cleared by tomorrow right?
    @avoncallingu that wee doggie you mentioned, yes they do take offense when you move " their " furniture without their permission. ha ha I think it was flemeth who had done the Wonderland thing with her family, not Lynn.

Oh btw @flemeth guys with a good work ethic are tough nuts to crack, I hope management appreciates that your DH didn't take the day off and I sure hope he has an easier time on the way back home from work.

I got a chuckle at all my front deck Christmas decor buried under a deep pile of the white fluff!
    When I had set it all up right around Remembrance Day I placed things high off the ground level, but the wind still found a way to carry the flakes everywhere!

Once I sipped my first coffee I felt energetic enough to head out and do a shake, shake, shake of all the ceramic bunnies, pine boughs and fake poinsettias to free the snow cover.
    Looks all pretty again! All nice bright red and greens poking through the white.

Guess what aroma is wafting through the house right now? Mmmmm...banana bread! It 's for DD ( her request ), figured since I did very little else today, I could whip up a loaf for her.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning gang.
    Looks like I beat @GoJays here today...either she's brushing all the snow off the nest...or (I'm hoping for her) that she's sleeping in because the Young Jays all have the day off school.
    To be honest, I completely forgot. Helped DH clear his car, then had to clear mine. Got the Young Jays off to school, then me to work. Now here I am

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

Just relaxing after a physio session - she worked a lot on my tender spots on my right hip and lower back. Got some new exercises to do, but I am to take them easy so as not to reverse any progress already made.

Hoping everyone has a loverly evening!

Name:  .facebook_1575322446718.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  54.1 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Boy, I have screwed up all timelines today. I was a 1/2 hour late for my physio appointment this morning and a 1/2 hour early for my grief counsellor - with a quick run home to see if Tootie could find "a spot."

And now I have figured out that I have all the timing for then next two days all messed up. They have decided to do the elevator repairs at night so I cancelled staying at my friends' house but now I see that I won't be able to keep Tootie inside from 7 until 7 AND I won't be home for 7 on Either night! Oiy!

I went to see my "physioTERRORIST" as he calls himself. He is great. He put me on "The RACK" and stretched out my back and assessed all the things wrong with my back, hip, legs, etc. So I will see him again this week and then twice a week for the next 2 weeks at least.

I am very happy that my meeting for this evening was cancelled, although I quite enjoy these meetings.

I'm going to bid you good evening. Maybe back later.
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

No talking about food, please! I have to fast from 8 this evening until after my ultrasound at 10:30 in the morning!!! Nothing to eat or drink but I have to take some night-time pills, so a little sip of cool, clear water. Ahhh!

I'm going to bed and hope not to dream of eating.

Take care folks! Nighty-night.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If it makes you feel any better, @avoncallingu , I had to do two 24hr fasts last month. Surprisingly it was pretty easy, however, I was allowed clear liquids. At least your test is in the morning.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning gang.
    Back the my normal routine today.

Have a wonderful chilly day peeps!
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information