User Tag List

Page 1659 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 659 1159 1559 1609 1649 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1669 1709 1759 ... LastLast
Results 24,871 to 24,885 of 29350
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    .... we got Pizza Hut.
    ahem, sorry about that @Lynn49 . You getting Pizza Hut and all, while we feasted on steak and lobster.
    I'm only posting about this to mention the absolute shocking and top notch meals we received last night.
    If any of you have ever dined at The Keg, you may have noticed the plates comes to you looking very scarce of food.
    Oh sure, you get the steak you ordered but the spuds and side veg are often puny sized servings.
    This was one reason we stopped going to this overpriced steak house ( Jack Astor's replaced them.)

Now back to the meals we got. I had the 2 lobster tails as ordered, it came with the melted butter...natch.
    The baked potato they sent could feed 2 people easily, and it came with 2 containers of whipped butter, 1 of chives, a sour cream and fresh bacon bits. ( I only requested butter and sour cream in the order )
    Then my side veggies! roasted diced sweet potato and broccoli, but again servings there for 2 people.

Same with DH Prime rib dinner....gorgeous beef, lots of shrimp ( his add-on ) garlic mashed, veg. and a heap of those crispy onions thingys. He even pulled off part of every item from his dinner and made up a " snack plate " for later as he knew this was too much for him. ( he had bathroom reno work to do, can't do that on a overfilled tummy ) .

We think that The Keg suffered ( as many restaurants did ) during the closures, curbside P.U.'s and as a result perhaps they increased the serving sizes to lure folks back??
    Either way it was a delightful dinner!
    Tweets77, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, ahem, @walkonby , how sweet of you to rub it IN!! Honestly the only reason to go to the Keg would be their steaks, but now that our SIL has perfected the process from a private tutorial, they're just as good and better because we don't have to actually GO to the Keg!
    I've never been much for beef steak, but now that we're at camp and he bbq's them, I'll eat 'em!

Kids are coming over for dinner, DH and I are prepping things that go into dishes so we can visit more than spend time in the kitchen. He's dicing onions which is why I'm way over here...my eyes won't stop burning if I'm near them.
    @dante r_Dan, wishing you and your Lady a lovely, relaxing holiday together...with Cooper!!

Here's a festive meme for you all:

Tweets77, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  13.4 KB

I think I just did that!

It has been baby snowing all morning, little innocent wet-ish flakes that seem harmless until they all stack on top of each other!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@danger_dan I hope you, your lady and your pupper have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year. See you on the flip side!

walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Sunday all

Glad that my DD was able to rebook our Booster shot to an early date last night. Myself and DH the 27 Dec instead of the 30th. My younger DD was able to get an appointment for tomorrow and the oldest DD is on the 23 Dec. .

Enjoy your day all
    ROMEO, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth , I know you'll be here soon
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Monday @GoJays !
    ( trying to psyche you into believing that there is such a thing ).

Everything seems to have gone Topsy Turvy virus wise. Wanting the freshest produce for dinner on the 25th was my plan, which meant going to the grocery stores on the latest possible day.

However, on the news there seem to be lineups ( again! ) , so out I go this morning to grab all that I need and hopefully they HAVE all that I need at one store. Christmas should not have me feeling all pins and needle-y, unless it's in regards to Santa.
    Just five more tossing and turning worrisome sleeps left!

https://c.tenor.com/5joiRZn7u5IAAAAd...pping-cart.gif
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay, between you two, @walkonby , @GoJays , how can I be anything but happy?!! You're both frooty-loops!!

I agree, though, Walks, it's not very pleasant out there and that's just a guess because ordinarily I'd be out there just wandering through stores waiting for something to say, "buy me for...!", but not this year. I think what's wrapped is it which is what our DD has been stressing all this time: cut back. "Course I really didn't cut back that much, but still...no wandering.

DD and SIL have their boosters booked, had to be Moderna since that's the last one they received and for travel, that's the acceptable form. Seems Moderna is also giving 30% more protection against Omicron, but who the hell really knows!? Besides, before our trip next Christmas, who knows what shape the world will be in.

It's so quiet here now with everything done...just have a very few groceries to pick up or order online for pick-up, although I'm pretty sure my Hubby will want to wander out once more. Some groceries for what I'm making for Christmas day, and of course for cinnamon bun making Wednesday with GS.

More time to stress out, WALKS!! Keep up the good work! Hahaha!!!

5 more sleeps before SANTA morning!!

GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and flemeth like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

Did my last big grocery shopping yesterday so I am all set even pick up the veggies that needed . So no more out running around until maybe the middle of next week for veggies. Trying to stay away from the crowd.

Have a great day and stay safe all
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi ladies!
    That was my plan yesterday as well @flemeth but when I saw what FB wanted for butternut squash and they had no honeydew melons, cantaloupes were " iffy " quality. So I'll be hitting NF today at some point for the last of the produce.
    Or maybe I'll go to WM as DH has to return the darn shower head kit to Home Depot. ( they are closer together than NF is )
    Definitely put a frowny face on him as he did not discover it did not work until it was too late to go and return it last night.
    I got antsy and made up the snowball ( melt in your mouth ) cookie balls at 5 a.m., then made the fell recipe of bacon bark.
    That is 2 items marked off my to-do list.

Stay safe everyone!!
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy winter solstice!

THE DAYS WILL GET LONGER STARTING TOMORROW! YAY!!!

Enjoy your day, stay away from people as much as possible!
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Thread Information