User Tag List

Page 1669 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 669 1169 1569 1619 1659 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1679 1719 1769 ... LastLast
Results 25,021 to 25,035 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hey everyone! Had some good news this morning. I had an appointment with a Nephrologist this morning and after many tests, seems that things are ok, not great but ok. I have to take my blood pressure for the next 2 weeks and then check back and then theDoc will see if some tweeking on my meds need to be done. So thats the good news.

Now the bad news is that my stupid irrespinsible ex-SIL who is a real stupid idiot attended all those christmas and new years parties and now his whole family, including my 2 grandchildren have Covid! They attended a new years party with unvaxxed people and it has spread like wildfire! My GD number 3 texted me and sent pics of her; she looks awful. The idiot ex-SIL also told her not to tell her mother because my DD would be made at him. I mean what kind of an idiot would say that. My DD, who is sick with some undisclosed illness (her joints are all swollen and she is in pain) got into it with him last night for trying to keep this a secret. (Shared custody) When he got the grandkids last Friday, his family was already infected so i dont understand his reasoning behind taking the kids for his week. What a jerk!

Anyway, she is getting the kids tomorrow evening (day 6 of their quarantine). She called the Covid line in QC and asked what kind of measures she should take to protect herself and her hubby and the kids also. The list goes on and on and i cant help her.

When DD hosted Christmas Day at her house, she dis-invited a family whose kids were too young to be vaxxed and another family bowed out. So that left only the immediate family and she made sure we were all vaxxed, wore our masks unless eating and properly distanced. And none of use came down with anything. I was planning on having them all over for Ukrainian Christmas this weekend but thats now out. Im not taking any chances with the grandkids.

What a start to the New Year; hopefully 2022 will end on a better note.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh brother! @SnowFlakey this is how the virus spreads quickly and it counts on people who think they know better than invisible germs. Lets hope that your g'kids fight this off better than anyone. Loved your good news though!

That bird video I posted back a page or 2, so puzzling that his/her head size made NO proportion sense to its scrawny and pretty much featherless torso? It looks like a young Cockatoo, but perhaps it was an abused bird ( by other birds I mean ) .
    Possible that his/her feathers were pecked at?
    He captured my heart with his many crazy sporadic moves.
    I had a glorious day ( so far ) ....major savings success at NF. I returned to get an adjustment on 4 items that ALL went on sale today! Grrrrr. Final refund amount to my card was $13.90 so worth the detour after pumping gas.
    Man, it IS kind of cold out there.

Non, nom, nom....Breakfast/lunch combined atm ....just had no time for any of that this morning.
    Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Now the bad news is that my stupid irrespinsible ex-SIL who is a real stupid idiot attended all those christmas and new years parties and now his whole family, including my 2 grandchildren have Covid! They attended a new years party with unvaxxed people and it has spread like wildfire!
    Especially since she was just as likely to have caught it from those who already received double-dose inoculation. I agree that it was irresponsible for her to attend any gathering outside of her household.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Hey everyone! Had some good news this morning. I had an appointment with a Nephrologist this morning and after many tests, seems that things are ok, not great but ok. I have to take my blood pressure for the next 2 weeks and then check back and then theDoc will see if some tweeking on my meds need to be done. So thats the good news.

Now the bad news is that my stupid irrespinsible ex-SIL who is a real stupid idiot attended all those christmas and new years parties and now his whole family, including my 2 grandchildren have Covid! They attended a new years party with unvaxxed people and it has spread like wildfire! My GD number 3 texted me and sent pics of her; she looks awful. The idiot ex-SIL also told her not to tell her mother because my DD would be made at him. I mean what kind of an idiot would say that. My DD, who is sick with some undisclosed illness (her joints are all swollen and she is in pain) got into it with him last night for trying to keep this a secret. (Shared custody) When he got the grandkids last Friday, his family was already infected so i dont understand his reasoning behind taking the kids for his week. What a jerk!

Anyway, she is getting the kids tomorrow evening (day 6 of their quarantine). She called the Covid line in QC and asked what kind of measures she should take to protect herself and her hubby and the kids also. The list goes on and on and i cant help her.

When DD hosted Christmas Day at her house, she dis-invited a family whose kids were too young to be vaxxed and another family bowed out. So that left only the immediate family and she made sure we were all vaxxed, wore our masks unless eating and properly distanced. And none of use came down with anything. I was planning on having them all over for Ukrainian Christmas this weekend but thats now out. Im not taking any chances with the grandkids.

What a start to the New Year; hopefully 2022 will end on a better note.
    @SnowFlakey I like reading about your good news. As for your SIL I have no words for him you were nice when you said he is an idiot . I would have had more harsh words but that’s just me. Hoping your grand kids gets better soon..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh brother! @SnowFlakey this is how the virus spreads quickly and it counts on people who think they know better than invisible germs. Lets hope that your g'kids fight this off better than anyone. Loved your good news though!

That bird video I posted back a page or 2, so puzzling that his/her head size made NO proportion sense to its scrawny and pretty much featherless torso? It looks like a young Cockatoo, but perhaps it was an abused bird ( by other birds I mean ) .
    Possible that his/her feathers were pecked at?
    He captured my heart with his many crazy sporadic moves.
    I had a glorious day ( so far ) ....major savings success at NF. I returned to get an adjustment on 4 items that ALL went on sale today! Grrrrr. Final refund amount to my card was $13.90 so worth the detour after pumping gas.
    Man, it IS kind of cold out there.

Non, nom, nom....Breakfast/lunch combined atm ....just had no time for any of that this morning.
    @walkonby hope you took advantage of the cantaloupe deal at No Frills since you were there . Pm with Food Basic 4 and get the 4000 PCO points making them Free
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@flemeth no, we still have 3/4 of a cantaloupe here and we have so many other fruits that this thing will turn into wine before it gets eaten.
    What I did instead on Wed. was buy a 4 pack of both green and red peppers, a head of iceberg lettuce and 1 net bag of clementines. ( after applying the 4,000 points offer it made each item $1.74 ).
    Those clementines were so easy to peel AND were so sweet just I knew we'd need more.

Picked up 4 more bags of clementines and after the 4,000 points was applied they were $1.99 each .....so worth it. I could peel and eat 3 - 4 of those in a row of those ....lol

Hopefully I am INSIDE now until next week! Other than gas, we are fully stocked up now.
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jan 6th, 2022 at 08:55 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone !!!! TGIF hahaha
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Good morning and Merry Christmas for those celebrating today! I was planning on having the family over for Ukrainian Christmas this weekend but it isnt going to happen. Cest la vie!
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good afternoon everyone.
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Another cold one, heading up on the weekend though, but who cares, there's no where to go anyway!

Stay away from each other and be safe, happy Friday, enjoy the weekend!!
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay...just passing along some information I just heard about rapid tests, covid symptoms, etc from personal medical sources. I've researched what I've been told, which pretty much confirms it for me

They're not doing rapid testing now if you've been vaccinated because covid does not register on rapid tests.
    Nearly 70% or people who tested negative with rapid tests were positive with PCR tests.
    To quote: Rapid tests may not pick up positive cases in people who have been vaccinated or who have recently recovered from Covid-19, since they may produce less virus (https://www.vox.com/recode/22870328/how-to-use-rapid-tests-omicron)

So: if you have a sore throat, or sinus problems, headaches, you assume you have covid.

And if you've been double/triple vaccinated, your chances of passing it along are lower than for the unvaccinated, who will share their covid. Which, in the long run, will strengthen their immunity if they survive it.
    A negative test “doesn’t mean anything.”

“What you have to take away from those results is, if it’s positive, consider yourself positive, stay home, self isolate,” she said.
    If it’s negative, you can’t ignore any of the other protective measures public health has been urging everyone to follow over the holidays, including ensuring everyone is vaccinated, maintaining physical distancing, keeping family get-togethers small and trying to reduce the numbers of households that are mixing.

“In the era of Omicron, it can miss infectious cases and it can come up later as positive when the person was actually infectious earlier,” she said of the rapid tests. “So, you can’t rely on that to say ‘Oh, I’m good, I’m not infectious right now’ as I’m heading to this party.”
    Symptoms like a runny nose, fever and cough are other indicators someone could be positive for the virus and should not be around other people.

https://kitchener.citynews.ca/local-...doctor-4894050
    Other sources confirm these findings, also.

So the take-away seems to be...if you're not feeling well, have a cold, sore throat, headache and test negative with a rapid test, it doesn't mean you don't have covid. What you do have is less of the virus that would show up in the test.

Not sure this is still clear as mud, but it can explain why rapid tests aren't being used in schools prior to opening them up again, particularly among senior students who have been vaccinated; they have less of the virus to test with.

Some fun, huh???
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 7th, 2022 at 03:48 PM.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahahaha!!! Yes, I bet there were celebrations!!
    So proud of those airlines!

https://www.tiktok.com/@leafrigon1/v...Y6nnK&_r=1

Thread Information