User Tag List

Page 1569 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 569 1069 1469 1519 1559 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1579 1619 1669 ... LastLast
Results 23,521 to 23,535 of 29353
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone!

How's everyone doing lately??
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good day all....hello @winstar
    Sort of a dull day for me ( inside I mean ).
    Didn't feel like cooking anything yet, and I am on Frankie watch, so there is that.

The MLB All Star Starters were listed today and my dedicated voting every single day is why Vlad Guerrero Jr. will be on 1st base, Marcus Semien on 2nd base and Teoscar Hernandez in LF .
    Oh sure others voted too but I willed it to happen....lol.

allright time to fess up about how we coddle Frankie.
    After he eats his worms and crickets....sips some water from the dropper he sits in this silly tissue padded lid with us, he watches the game or sleeps. Canada Day he was held almost the whole day by DH.....he took him out front to see sunshine.
    Frankie cannot fly yet, but he scoots and flaps....so it's a start I guess.

Say hi to him...he's right here at my computer desk.

Name:  this is not my good side.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  wazzup.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  Hey there.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  65.8 KB
    Sneha2008, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's a cute bird!!

What kind of bird is that?? sorry, I don't know birds, but I do enjoy watching them and hearing them sing/chirp in the morning!!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby - Frankie is SO cute! How vocal is he?

Not a good day here.

39 degrees
    Satan found me....
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by win-star View Post
    That's a cute bird!!

What kind of bird is that?? sorry, I don't know birds, but I do enjoy watching them and hearing them sing/chirp in the morning!!
    @winstar I WISH we could nail his species down exactly BUT so far DH believes he could be either a Chipping Sparrow or a House Wren.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @walkonby - Frankie is SO cute! How vocal is he?
    he does not " sing " per say, just kind of non stop peeping. BUT..... get a load of this @Natalka
    Last night DH was at his computer with Frankie asleep in his jar cap and when DH played the song of one bird ( I forget which one now )...well Frankie never budged.
    BUT, then he played a different bird's song ( I think it was the chipping sparrow ) and Frankie bolted awake and turned his head all around!

Oh and today I got very bold and carried Frankie out front, you know to experience fresh air and sunshine ( even though there is no way he can be released now as he has imprinted on us ) BUT....there was this wee adult bird that looked similar to Frankie, chirping away not 10 feet from me on the honeysuckle bush, then it flitted up to the eaves-trough, still yammering away!

I asked the bird...." are you Frankie's Mother ? " ( yes I really said that out loud and almost cried )

So....I placed him on the concrete path where DH had discovered his featherless body on Father's Day and stood back.
    I'm not sure what I was hoping that adult bird might do, clearly I've watched too many Disney animated movies.
    Confident he couldn't fly away because he has been trying for days now and only manages a sort of scoot and flap motion.
    Did I mention how freaking soft he is?? He sits in our hand and grooms himself after he has eaten, which tickles our palms.

Sigh...sorry about that darned heat out your way Natalka, sorry also that Satan found you.....
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Awww. @walkonby , you're both so smitten with wee Frankie and your reports on his progress and...softness...are simply sweet little, happy anecdotes for us. I wish I could be there to see him. 💕

A gorgeous day her, full campground, SIL and I just beat my DH and DD at euchre and "the Prof" and his wife just invited us over for cocktails so we're here freshening up. It'll be an interesting evening.

Also, our SIL'S cousin and family are arriving shortly for the weekend to stay at her parents RV since they're in Tampa supporting the Lightning. Their son is one of the managers...likely on his way to another ring, stolen from the Habs! 😤

I hope you're all enjoying the weekend, we're obviously all booked up here, so lots of tots biking around and enjoying the park and beach.

Take good care, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jul 2nd, 2021 at 04:56 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby Frankie is a cutie.

We are having a storm at the moment. Just hoping that we don’t have a power failure I have pizza and blueberry muffin to make along with some cookies
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am LOVING the Jays game!! 10-0 in the top of the 8th against those pesky TB Rays.
    If our bullpen blows this win for Manoa I give him permission to toss a ball at their heads!!
    Oh and OUCH to Montreal fans atm. I know it is not over till it is over but 4-1 in the 2nd and TB looks very strong.
    Those fans that were permitted to be there in the arena must be heartbroken. I know that feeling guys.
    Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby my DDs are hoping that TB win the Stanley Cup.
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, @walkonby - that did bring a tear to my eye, it would have indeed been a Disney moment.

Nothing to share, except that 39 wasn't enough to test me, it went to 41 degrees.

Absolutely unbelievable.
    Husband went shopping, not a darned window air conditioner left in the city- duh, of course.

I am having Chapman's rainbow sorbet for "supper". And more ice water.

Neither the vampire nor nurse showed up today. Not that I blame them. However all day I had to keep myself cleaned up and re-cleaned up, since I can't exactly jump in a cool shower.

Good night!

Name:  facebook_1625269709235_6816875242533275020.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  41.8 KB
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rogers Wireless make me want to

My rant.

I got a plan from them with a "Friends & Family" code ... promised a $50 plan but it ended up being $60

I don't know ... I guess how these cellphone companies work
    Skippy and walkonby like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hi all! Hockey in July is ridiculous. The season should stop in april. Although i would like Montreal to win, im not a big fan of the game. I used to be, but not anymore.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well, if hockey is no longer interesting to you @SnowFlakey hop on over and watch our Blue Jays! ( they've taken games one and two from TB Rays so far! )
    Now if Robbie Rays ( starting pitcher ) tight pants don't give you a gasp and a chuckle,

Name:  Robbie Ray.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  15.0 KB

then check out newest relief pitcher Adam Cimber.
    I should say check out the size of his shoes! It looks like Sideshow Bob is at the mound.

So much fun!!lol
    Lynn49, GoJays and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thank you for the birthday wishes.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.
    Join Gifthulk get amazon gcs

Get amazon and other gift cards at the New Superpoints by using my invite link (pm me for any help and don't forget to fill out your profile) Spin the wheel and earn points

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

walkonby baseball has always been my first love. When our son was 15 years old, he was looked at by Ron Piche, a scout for the Montreal Expos. Our son played at the Olympic stadium at 15 in an exhibition game and was highlighted on the Jumbotron alongside John Whettland. At 17, he was looked at again and invited to the Expos camp in Florida for 1 week and played against the best players across US and Canada. But he broke his ankle that season and that was the end of that. He continued to play for a couple of more years but it ended there. there are thousands upon thousands of kids trying to play pro baseball and only a lucky few get to do that. And Its even harder for Canadians because we cant play all year round. Such is life. Later he was asked to play for softball with major sponsors. These teams travel from town to town putting on shows, with usually only 4 players. He didnt even want to do that. Now if these teams come near our towns, he goes to watch and catch up with some of the guys he played with many years ago.

I have always loved baseball and miss the Expos, Jarry Park and the bleechers! Best times ever.
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Thread Information