User Tag List

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Daylight savings time countdown to March 8 for most of Canada. February coupons recycled. Look for those March 15 coupons that are expiring soon--this year has seen some odd coupon expiry dates (not end of month).
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy March 1st!
    Driving DS to work then back home to make my roast beef dinner and start laundry. Cleaning bedroom is on the list too. Fresh bed sheets

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel for starting this thread.

I also recycle all the in used coupons ending in Feb. I also leave a few of the good ones next to the products at RCSS a week ago hoping others can take advantage. Looking forward to find some great coupons that I can used and find sales to match up.

Hoping to be more frugal this month. I don’t need to buy meat or seal food freezer is full. Just Fresh fruits , eggs , bread, yogurt not sure what else will just go with the flow as the weeks progress. Hoping to donate more this month at the Food Bank and youth shelters.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Enjoying a free tea in Tim Hortons in front of fireplace. Received a gift card from a contact at work as thanks. Ds's friends are all sleeping at my house so giving them quiet hour before i return home and start cooking and laundry.
    Parked my car far away and walked here and will walk in a few stores just to look on way back to car. Get my steps in.
    Have a frugal Sunday everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Thank you @Ciel for starting this thread.

I also recycle all the in used coupons ending in Feb. I also leave a few of the good ones next to the products at RCSS a week ago hoping others can take advantage. Looking forward to find some great coupons that I can used and find sales to match up.

Hoping to be more frugal this month. I don’t need to buy meat or seal food freezer is full. Just Fresh fruits , eggs , bread, yogurt not sure what else will just go with the flow as the weeks progress. Hoping to donate more this month at the Food Bank and youth shelters.
    Im going to have a frugal March as well. Continue using up food on hand. Just buy fresh stuff going forward. Cook up a storm one day and heat and eat for a few days. I have so many peameal chunks in the freezer that need to be used up so will thaw one out today and cook snd slice up for breakfast sandwiches this week for DS.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$513.58 - February total savings

Coupons Redeemed
    $160.39

10% off Tuesday at Sobeys
    $13.15

Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks
    $70

Amazon.ca earned by Dh through Swagbucks
    $20

PCO - No Frills
    $90

Air Miles
    $120

Mr. Mikes Bucks
    $9.94

Gift Cards
    $20 Mr. Mikes promotional gc
    $10gc to NF - Royale promo

Found Money
    $0.10
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s already been a productive morning.
    We’re under a wind advisory today. Cold out today. Dh plans on taking the kids to the library for a couple hours this afternoon while I continue to prepare for the daycare interview. They’ll be back for the interview this afternoon.

I emptied our chest freezer and put the contents on the deck while I thaw the freezer. Maintenance. I’m running out of freezing days to do this.

Dishes are washed again. Still more cleaning to do. I did 2 loads of laundry yesterday. I have a load of laundry on now. Always more to do.

I went through the spring/summer side of my storage bench. Now I know which hats and splash pants fit our kids. I also have more stuff to sell. I’ll still need to check some of their coats.

edit: House is vacuumed. The big picture window is washed. I also washed the high traffic areas of the walls and fronts of the kitchen cabinets. The chest freezer has wiped down, filled, and plugged back in. I also cleaned up my desk. It can become a dumping ground, and my kids love to put things there. Dh just returned home from the library with our kids soon.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Mar 1st, 2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Looks like March has come in like a lamb here in the GTA. Laundry is done, my oatmeal is almost ready for the freezer, so that’s 3 weeks of breakfast to grab and go. My freezer is also stuffed to the gills. So I am working a plan to thin it out. Like @flemeth I need to work on my donations for the month. I send care package to Northern Communities and want to send to food bank boxes up this month. I scored at Joe Fresh yesterday for clearance clothes. The teachers are often in need of hats and mitts for the kids so I bought everything I could find on clearance and some was as low as 94 cents. With no tax and 10000 points when you spend 50.00 I could not pass it up. So today will be a day of organizing the basement because I have the couch and Tv blocked at this moment. My RCSS extended the no tax to today so I may go back and do another 50.00 on DHs card.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all...
    i was up in the middle of the night... insomnia...
    tidied the pantry, and the kitchen did a load of laundry

goals today.. clean the laundry room.. it just seems.... messy... ugh... finish laundry.
    rearrange the family room... we bought a exersise bike.. and it needs to fit in the room ..

its just hubby and me for supper.. so i pulledout some steaks... he will be surprised.
    we are also taking the dogs on a tiny walk.. we need them to get used to going for walks.. yes.. we are really out of shape. sigh.

i am also in the hoping to be a bit more frugal camp... i need to .. get some traction on the savings going...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -your coupon usage for the month amazes me $160 something that is awesome

lilo- so nice of you to donate mittens etc

Off I went to shoppers today not to redeem but a few special -I am really trying to be more frugal as I waited til the royal velour toilet paper went on cheap as I was down to 2 pkgs in my house

(4) royale velour 12 doubles =24 4.99-1.00 cpn=3.99 from the pkg of toilet paper and the new pkgs have more cpns on them -yeah
    plus 2 no name butter 3.49 I noticed they are not 2.99-3.29 anymore a slight increase but I had 800 points =3.09 each
    and 2 pkgs of pirate cookies 1.99-800 points=1.59

relaxing and doing laundry as I babysit on monday really early

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner almost complete. Just waiting on roast beef to finish cooking. 2nd load in washer. One bathroom almost cleaned. Recycling out to garage. 1 lightbulb replaced. 1 lightbulb tightened and working now. Fridge cleaned out. Kitchen cleaned ( just have to wash roast beef pan when done)
    Picking DS up at 230 and heading Collingwood for hockey game. Nice sunny day for a drive!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart and picked up more pop. Spent $20.20 bought two cases and 2 orange Kit Kat, fruit berries, and roasted and salted nuts.

False advertising on the nuts they weren’t salted and and they weren’t roasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    To odd looks last night I cleaned up the budget. Mom asked why I keep re working the budget, I explained I was not re working the budget, I was tracking our spending. I got many looks and the comment of "if you have the money, what does it matter" this is difference between me and Mom. She lives paycheck to paycheck and if she makes it to the next pay and doesn't come up short it is a win. Right now, I get it with her hours, the ability to save is not there but even when she was full time saving is not her forte. Where is you have me who is always afraid of what is coming next, like right now one cycle does not dry our towels, does this mean the dryer is going????? This is me thinking, am I going to need to replace the washer and dryer as the washer already has it's own issues but we decided to keep using it until it goes as fixing it, well I might as well buy new.

When I added everything up I am over by $67 on last pay's grocery budget. I budget grocery and most expenses per pay as I find it easier to manage this way. Good news is I had some overage so it is covered but it has cut into my big Costco shop budget.

Today, I got the laundry done, all is washed, dried, folded and put away. I also washed the couch blankets. I was going to do another load of odd random stuff that is in the basement so we can sort if we want to keep or sell but that did not happen. Oh well maybe one night after work.

I also made Egg Roll Stir fry for lunches & dinners this week, I have 4 packaged in the fridge and ready to go. This is the only cooking I got done so I might pay for this later in the week as we do not have enough prepped to get through the whole week. There are also 2 portions of Baked Apple Oatmeal in the fridge, leftover from Breakfast today.

I cleaned the kitchen and then cleaned as I worked so the kitchen is now clean. I even washed the one dish from my dinner that could no go in the dishwasher.

I also did not get any baking done, I think I have enough muffins in the freezer to get through the week but next weekend I will need to bake. I might make some cookie bars tomorrow night, just so there is no temptation to buy anything.

I forgot to buy a broom when we went shopping last week so I have been holding off doing the floors on the main floor as doing them with the little hand broom is killing my back. I caved this morning and did the kitchen floor and and part of the Living Room Floor. I only washed the kitchen floor will do the rest once I get a broom. I must try to remember to get one this week, this is getting insane it is a broom but I keep forgetting.

I also started to scrub down the dinning room floor. Even though I cleaned up the mouse droppings as I went, it just makes me feel better to scrub everything down one more time with bleach spray. So I started in one corner and am scrubbing the floors and everything as I go. It makes my OCDs calm down a little.

As always, I had hoped to get more done today but it felt like everything I did today took forever to get done. I really need to find my ambition again. I got so much done over shut down and even when I went back to work in January but February came and I just crashed. I keep telling myself it is my body telling me I need some down time but then I realize just how little I got done in February so I really need to pick it up some how in March. Let's hope for a better March.

Alright off to drink my peppermint tea and try to relax a little before bed. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy your mom does not to worry about money because you do it for her and you make sure all the bills are paid which creates such an unfair burden on a child regardless of age.
    Is anyone in need of the Dove bar coupon. For some reason no one has stripped my store yet so I keep picking them up but I have way more than I will use of all the current Dove even with my donations. Lmk and I will send some off.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Daylight savings time countdown to March 8 for most of Canada. February coupons recycled. Look for those March 15 coupons that are expiring soon--this year has seen some odd coupon expiry dates (not end of month).
    Oh that Daylight Savings time really does make things interesting at work (I work overnights, and of course on the changeover day). When the clocks dropped back in November (??) I remember we left work at 6am instead of 7am since we already worked that extra hour with the change, and our upper manager was upset/angry with us, "Why didn't you stay till 7am and work some overstock?!?!" not understanding it was Daylight Savings Time changeover and we already worked until "7am"

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information