User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree1155Likes

Thread: The Dog Club!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^That dog at the end is HILARIOUS...although, I'd get kicked out of my building if I had one that noisy.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know excitement got the best of this poor kid, but in a way his honesty is goose bump material!

https://twitter.com/boohoo/status/11...677440?lang=en

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is sweetheart Murphy at his first Vet check up in Sept of 2005, he was just 4 months old in that photo.
    Weighing in at a mere 6.82 lbs.
    Those were the days when we believed the doggy papers which claimed he was a purebred Shih Tzu.....hmmm, however, we had our doubts a few months later when he began growing taller, longer and heavier than our other Shih Tzu/Lhasa Apso mix Rufus, who was 14 months older.
    What is that saying " more of me to love? " ha ha
    When he tipped the scales at 22 lbs 2 years ago our Vet had recommended scaling back his treats some, which I must say we failed at miserably....one look at his sad eyes and we caved always.

CCF20190824.pdf

So it is with a very very heavy heart that I am posting the news of Murphy's passing. We said our goodbyes to him at 3:30 a.m. Saturday Aug 24th.
    He was admitted into the ICU of an Animal Hospital on Aug 19th with chronic kidney failure and they administered the best possible treatment plan which initially raised our hopes as his daily levels of something called creatinine were coming down.

However, within several days he continually weakened, also refusing to eat anything solid.
    Then very suddenly an unknown secondary issue popped up causing him to seizure twice, his breathing became laboured at which point the attendants moved him onto a table with oxygen and the Hospital contacted us out of concern of his sudden decline.

Euthanasia was a choice we dreaded to make but one made out of compassion and acceptance.
    I believe now more than ever that our Murphy ( as all pets ) deserve a life of bliss and we could not see that being his future if we made him endure anymore invasive tests, that may or may not have had any treatment plan after diagnosis.
    Goodbye Murphy...You proved to be a dog with a big personality! We will always remember you as our " horsesized " Shih Tzu .
    R.I.P.
    Born May 25th , 2005 Died Aug 24th, 2019
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Aug 24th, 2019 at 10:18 AM.
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Can't "like" your post but sending hugs to all your family. Bye-bye Murphy, you sweet doggie.
    Newfiescreech, walkonby and dededi like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Sending you and the family ((((HUGS)))) Bye Bye Murphy you are now in Doggie Heaven
    Newfiescreech, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very sorry to hear about Murphy @walkonby , sending my prayers to you and your family!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  pet-condolences-sympathy-messages-animal-dog-died.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  28.7 KB
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@walkonby so sorry to hear of Murphy’s passing. When the tears are not too overwhelming google the rainbow bridge. Our vet sent us this poem when we lost our last pup. I was as comforted by it as the boys and they were just little at the time.
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This is sweetheart Murphy at his first Vet check up in Sept of 2005, he was just 4 months old in that photo.
    Weighing in at a mere 6.82 lbs.
    Those were the days when we believed the doggy papers which claimed he was a purebred Shih Tzu.....hmmm, however, we had our doubts a few months later when he began growing taller, longer and heavier than our other Shih Tzu/Lhasa Apso mix Rufus, who was 14 months older.
    What is that saying " more of me to love? " ha ha
    When he tipped the scales at 22 lbs 2 years ago our Vet had recommended scaling back his treats some, which I must say we failed at miserably....one look at his sad eyes and we caved always.

CCF20190824.pdf

So it is with a very very heavy heart that I am posting the news of Murphy's passing. We said our goodbyes to him at 3:30 a.m. Saturday Aug 24th.
    He was admitted into the ICU of an Animal Hospital on Aug 19th with chronic kidney failure and they administered the best possible treatment plan which initially raised our hopes as his daily levels of something called creatinine were coming down.

However, within several days he continually weakened, also refusing to eat anything solid.
    Then very suddenly an unknown secondary issue popped up causing him to seizure twice, his breathing became laboured at which point the attendants moved him onto a table with oxygen and the Hospital contacted us out of concern of his sudden decline.

Euthanasia was a choice we dreaded to make but one made out of compassion and acceptance.
    I believe now more than ever that our Murphy ( as all pets ) deserve a life of bliss and we could not see that being his future if we made him endure anymore invasive tests, that may or may not have had any treatment plan after diagnosis.
    Goodbye Murphy...You proved to be a dog with a big personality! We will always remember you as our " horsesized " Shih Tzu .
    R.I.P.
    Born May 25th , 2005 Died Aug 24th, 2019
    UPDATE:

We picked up his Paw Print impression this morning. We preferred this token as a memory rather than having his ashes.
    CCF20190907.pdf
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think it's meant to be a love-note from dog to owner, but I believe the feeling between dog and "owner" is mutual; I just thought this was beautiful...

Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

so sorry to read about murphy..... god love him.

((hugs))

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A cute story for you @Lynn49

ESSEX, England (Gray News) – Rolo the dachshund loves his family. Maybe a little too much.
    The 7-year-old pooch has knocked his tail out of whack.

It seems that he just couldn’t stop wagging it with his family working from home during the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.fox19.com/2020/03/24/family-dog-is-so-happy-his-family-is-working-home-he-sprains-his-tail/

Name:  WGCX3LS7AZBZ3AD5S75SP4GQ7E.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  42.7 KB
    aliceforde likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We picked up Rufus' memorial plaque last night....now my two boys are together.
    Still sifting through photos of them trying to find the best 2 that we can place in a shadow box alongside their plaques.
    The memorial items were made by 2 different companies, which is why the big difference in size and style.

CCF20200421.pdf
    Thatdone likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My friends 15 year old was recently PTS.She feels she has enough love to give another dog, so shes looking for a youngish dog, no older than 3 years.Also not too large a breed.Please PM me if you can help.Thank you for looking

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Many of you know who Cooper is, so this is an update.
    For those who haven't seen Cooper before, here he is

Name:  Cooper.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  803.0 KB
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Oct 28th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information