User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

All clean laundry put away and I decided to put on a load of whites with a few pillows. They will dry fine in the house and I will put out in the sunshine before I put them back on DS's bed. Just want laundry done

Rice is cooked and cooling now. I think I will cook up macaroni noodles too and make a homemade mac and cheese tomorrow as well. I have been craving it and it will be easy to whip up tomorrow if the noodles are ready.

Now I'm starving. Eating some snap peas while i decide what lunch should be.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I couldn't pass it up, I went to SDM and got 2 cartons of Eggs for $1.74, Breakfast Freezer Meals here we come.

I also grabbed 2 bags of chips as I had an offer for $1.79/bag, slightly an impulse buy. Not something I would normally pick up but I caved,I am kind of all about the little treats here and there right now.

As well grabbed a bag of Milk, we have some in the freezer we could have pulled but since we have been doing some Meal Prep and Baking we are going through it quicker than normal.

That was my little SDM shop.

Also checked the mail, got my Sample Source, honestly I cannot even remember what samples I got. Once I am done work I will go through the box.

Now to figure out dinner.
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

One thing on my list was to clean the dining room table off. Reposted the 2pk puzzle for sale for $10 after I moved it to the garage. Sold it an hour ago and e-transfer already received and its on the porch for pick up It all sells eventually

Dining room is clean except for my work pile I was sorting but will remove it when I am done my work day.
    I have the rice and macaroni noodles cooked and in the fridge for tomorrows prep. Kitchen is clean
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, May 3rd, 2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Welcome May! Hopefully now that we're into a new month we'll see some more sunshine which will be good for the heart,soul and mind!
    Bonus it doesn't cost anything and warms both the inside and out! Speaking of out, if you can, take a few minutes outside each day. It does wonders just to see something other than the four walls and a glowing screen. Unlike me,remember that you have to go back just as far as you've already gone for your walk!
    Blessings my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy I used to do that all the time with Bike Rides, I would just keep biking until I started to feel tired and forget I still needed to ride back home.
    Skippy, Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-why not take a real break on the weekend and take a half or full day to get out alone for a scenic drive and perhaps a walk in the woods etc. Take a picnic. Sometimes a change of scene is nice.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh wow frugalbigmama if i was in your city ,gee $10 for 2 puzzles is an awesome price .

I have a person coming at 7.30 p.m for my puzzle -i put it in a tote to keep it dry as it is misty and light rain here .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

made a amazing supper tonight. ... i saw Sassys and made it. egg rollin a bowl with rice. so good!!!!

posted a bunch of free stuff. most picked up . i feel good about it.
    all in all a interesting day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This weekend I almost had an opps, I knew I needed to work one weekend in May, I thought it was last weekend but nope it was this weekend. So between Meal Prepping, filming my Videos and the work I needed to get done my weekend was gone.

Might be something I consider in a couple more weeks, weather is still hit and miss here. Plus I am not much of an outdoors type person.

Thank you for the suggestion, even though I am not big on the outdoors I may try it. Right now anything to get myself back into a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SA-why not take a real break on the weekend and take a half or full day to get out alone for a scenic drive and perhaps a walk in the woods etc. Take a picnic. Sometimes a change of scene is nice.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So happy you liked it, it is a true favourite around here, I always make too much to make sure we have leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    made a amazing supper tonight. ... i saw Sassys and made it. egg rollin a bowl with rice. so good!!!!

posted a bunch of free stuff. most picked up . i feel good about it.
    all in all a interesting day.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Where did this night go, seriously? It was 4:30 and I was peeling potatoes to make wedges, we cooked dinner, ate and when we went to clean up it was already 7 pm. I seriously feel like I lost an hour or so of my evening.

Dinner was Homemade Burgers pulled from the Freezer with Homemade Potato Wedges and my German Cucumber Salad. Even though it was it was grey and rainy here today it truly was a Summer is coming type of meal.

I did not sleep well last night so it will be early to bed tonight.

Tomorrow I am hoping to tackle a few more things around the house I have already written my Home and Work To-Do-List for tomorrow. I am sure I will add to them but having them really helps me get my morning going. I am my most productive in the morning so I like to knock out as much as I can.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My older brother is back in the hospital (age 75) may be an infection again they are doing a bunch of tests .So keep him in your thoughts and the odd prayer for me .

I then called my other brother in London,Ontario and told him all about big brother in the hospital .So he even told me something really nice that he liked my dad ,my mom married my dad when they were teenagers (the 2 older boys) .He told me my dad gave them a better life out of poverty as their dad died (my mom's first husband died very young at age 24 of a brain tumour )My dad wanted kids thou so my mom had me at 38 ,so glad she did i told my other brother in london .It was all around a nice conversation at the end he said "love you"

So i am so happy right now just him saying that to me ,during this covid time its the little things that lift you up.I just hope my oldest brother gets the help he needs in the hospital and gets home soon .

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    My older brother is back in the hospital (age 75) may be an infection again they are doing a bunch of tests .So keep him in your thoughts and the odd prayer for me .

I then called my other brother in London,Ontario and told him all about big brother in the hospital .So he even told me something really nice that he liked my dad ,my mom married my dad when they were teenagers (the 2 older boys) .He told me my dad gave them a better life out of poverty as their dad died (my mom's first husband died very young at age 24 of a brain tumour )My dad wanted kids thou so my mom had me at 38 ,so glad she did i told my other brother in london .It was all around a nice conversation at the end he said "love you"

So i am so happy right now just him saying that to me ,during this covid time its the little things that lift you up.I just hope my oldest brother gets the help he needs in the hospital and gets home soon .
    Prayer offered for all concerned!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl prayers for your brother and your family.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@coupon girl prayers for your brother and the family

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information