User Tag List

Page 195 of 197 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Had a rough week this week. Wanted a treat. Whopper Wednesday. Burger King has a 'special' on the Whopper price on Wednesdays. Well, the price jumped higher. Just cancelled the order and went home.
    Hey, saved some money-- just realized.
    Well, guess this is an unrant now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Had a rough week this week. Wanted a treat. Whopper Wednesday. Burger King has a 'special' on the Whopper price on Wednesdays. Well, the price jumped higher. Just cancelled the order and went home.
    I also used to go out of my way to try and give BK my business every Wednesday (when it was $2.80), years ago, but their price became silly awhile back. $4 for a quarter-pound burger is not a 'deal' or special price, to me. My price-point is $3 for such fare. Oh, well. I am just glad that I can still find deals in other restaurants.
    cath007 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I also used to go out of my way to try and give BK my business every Wednesday (when it was $2.80), years ago, but their price became silly awhile back. $4 for a quarter-pound burger is not a 'deal' or special price, to me. My price-point is $3 for such fare. Oh, well. I am just glad that I can still find deals in other restaurants.
    Unfortunately, food prices are rising everywhere....including restaurants.
    ROMEO, Poirot, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes agree restaurants are forced to increase prices for both food and increased wages. It's not really their fault.
    The good thing is that they still have cpns and offers for better prices
    ROMEO, Tweets77, Poirot and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Unfortunately, food prices are rising everywhere....including restaurants.
    Then some restaurants are simply better at managing their costs. For example, I buy a daily Baconator from Wendy's for $5 (with coupon). That is 1/2 pound of meat and 6 strips of bacon. To me, that is about $2.50 / quarter-pound worth of beef (I consider the bun and other stuff 'filler' )

I go out of my way to give my business to restaurants who are willing to fight for my hard-earned dollar. I make no excuses for my purchasing behaviour and expect none from those vying for my patronage. Obviously, Wendy's has found a way to control their costs and I shall reward their effort with mine.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I had a phone in a room that was not in use by others, that would be a path to try. But the phone's in the kitchen and I don't share much when I feel stressed or know someone's around when I don't want him or her to hear what I'm saying to the other person on the phone.

I'll make an effort to get the Menopause Manifesto book completed soon, in case the good author doctor lists possible reasons for surprise periods when it seems the body has turned down the hormone levels for good.
    cath007 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad to see that I am not the only one who is doing this sort of thing these days! So darn expensive just to grab a coffee....well, complicated, now, too, what with the McDonald's new 'punch' and points system. I've given up going for a little treat at a drive-thru. Sorry that you missed out on your 'pick-me-up' at Burger King. "Unrant"...too funny! (Hope you made up for it at home. Chocolate helps.)
    ROMEO, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

we stopped going to Burger King when they locked the doors and only had drive-thru due to covid. We would get their coupons/ads in the mail but weren’t actually welcome since we don’t drive. We’ve eaten there only once since they reopened and they messed up the order.
    Last edited by francine1985; Tue, Dec 7th, 2021 at 09:01 PM.
    ROMEO, cath007, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    we stopped going to Burger King when they locked the doors and only had drive-thru due to covid. We would get their coupons/ads in the mail but weren’t actually welcome since we don’t drive. We’ve eaten there only once since they reopened and they messed up the order.
    Even though I was on foot, a lot of restaurants asked me to go through their drive-through windows, when they closed the doors for dine-in service. Most were accommodating and reasonable. The ones who refused to serve my walk-through will never see my patronage, again.
    Last edited by HermanH; Wed, Dec 8th, 2021 at 12:07 AM.
    francine1985 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I hate people on kijiji and lespacs....because they change theirs mind last minutes via texto after negociate my skis down too much and promised to take it...after they realise they are in another city and find better deal or less far...what a waste of my time and money...I hate people sometimes grrr
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When flyers per example in QC Metro and IGA dont put a price in the flyer just a airmiles offer or a advertisement and I cannot pm good deals because of that(IGA and Metro is at the end of my city)..that suck!
    HermanH likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The same applies to RCSS, when they mark products with the "30%" price reduction stickers and you have no idea what the original price was. I just ignore those offers, altogether. If they can't be bothered to tell me how much a product is, I can't be bothered to give them money.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yep I notice that too at my maxi and cie with reduced 30% fruits and vegetables sometimes bakery items....very deceiving of their part
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont want a debate or negative comments just that I need to get out my frustration out of my mind
    -canada bank-
    we made a claim for unclaimed funds(for my dead brother) a good chunk and we where refused even we furnished all the proofs was had
    they are keeping the money, dont know where it will go
    that is so unfair...
    in the system you are like a number not a human who have rights with those compagnies..... function people
    a 6 months battle of wasted time..
    not the first time at all we experience that with his case..
    Shwa Girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

when you try to do a legit. scanning code of practice (SCOP) request and the store treats you like you are a scammer and they check everything out

when the customer service person tells you yes you have the right product but someone in the store put the wrong item number on the sign, so I may not get the SCOP

when you are prepared to walk and get a refund because the time kept getting longer to get a resolution

when the customer service person then tries to call the store manager to agree to give me the SCOP
    clearance price sign said 9.97 but the item rang up at 12.99.

really felt like i 'worked' for that SCOP
    Poirot, 2shopmom, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Thread Information