User Tag List

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks lilo for the nice comment .I missed sample source also as i had my granddaughter that day on thursday and we were at a playground at 9.30 then chalking in the driveway,riding bikes so i did not go on the computor til 5 or 6.00 p.m .

Today i spent $120 at shoppers so i for sure spent over 60.00,i needed dish tabs for dishwasher ,bread (which wasnt that fresh (date was til march 29),so i called the company and left a message ) bread has risen in price and i feel i should have fresh bread.

I got butter with points off ,2 kelloggs cereal raisin bran and gluten free rice krispies 2.99-2.00 cpn=.99 got the last box of rice krispies .We dont eat raisin bran but will give to my son for the girls for breakfast .I couldnt do the 5.00 giftcard as raisin bran was not on the list.

Just chilling and relaxing til sebastian comes at 2.00 then ashlyn at 4.00 .I really wanted a weekend to myself but my daughter is away and my ex son-in-law is going out and my daughter asked me if i could take sebastian overnight .So i cant say no to my grandkids.lol
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just called the 1-800 number for the d'ilitano bread and the nice woman i sending me 2 new cpns .I will use this just for toast i told her .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! Was awake early so went to Costco to gas up (1.57L) and then filled DS's nasal spray med (for allergies) and grabbed a new beach towel for me Boys can use the ones we have from years prior

Came home and let the dog out and grabbed the laundry bins to take to laundry room. Doorbell rang. Was my neighbour with our dog behind him lol. The gate was open and she got out. Thank goodness for wonderful neighbours! He told me he would close and lock our gate for me.

I am not having leftovers tonight!! So I ate the last bit of fresh pineapple in the fridge. Put one full container of cooked taco meat and 2 large containers of homemade meat pasta sauce in the freezer. I will make sure to plan them to be used up in the next 2 weeks for dinner.
    Loading the dishwasher now and scrubbing the sink so the kitchen is clean. Not sure the dinner plan at the moment. Feel tired of everything.
    Have a load of laundry in the washer and will put another one in after this one. Hanging it all to dry and then will fluff in the dryer what needs to be fluffed tomorrow when I put it away.

I wanted to stock up on the butter at RCSS so decided to redeem PC Pts (I like to use points for stock ups like this)
    So I bought:

$3.99 x 6 Butter
    $1.10 bunch of bananas (we had some at home so grabbed the greenest ones)
    $2.99 4 pk of PC Whole wheat pizza crust (put in the freezer and will pull out for a quick dinner one night with salad
    $5.39 Coffee Mate Less $2 coupon and received 4,000 PC pts for a personal offer to purchase this item.
    Redeemed $30 in PC pts and paid just over $1 out of pocket.
    Double wrapped the butter and put in the freezer. We have 3 lbs of butter in the fridge still and once in the container on the counter so we are good for awhile.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Heading to the bank to make some deposits later today. Today I’m finally going to get to deep clean the car! It’s not dirty but it’s a bit dusty and I want to vac and wash the weather tech floor mats from all the snow and salt. I really want to wash the outside but it’s going to rain later this weekend and into next week so that may have to wait. It’s just driving me crazy.

Then it’s vacuuming the floors and washing them today. Then I really need to get my taxes done in full. I’m getting there but I just hate it so much I’m procrastinating.

My weekend started off great by getting a raise to start my Friday

Have a great weekend

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ventured out to Sobeys as I had an offer for buy anything get 50 air miles that expires this week and a second one for buy anything that expires in 2 weeks. Deals like this are too good to pass up. Now I am using the instapot to make beans so that Sunday I can make chili for lunches this week. Found a pack of beans that had not been rotated so they need to be used up, found some ground chicken in the freezer that needs to meet the same fate.
    Feels good to use stuff up especially with the price of groceries. We have decided to cancel Netflix. The recent increases have us at almost 20.00 and tv watching drops to near zero for spring and summer and neither son cares if we cancel it. We will go back in October November but this saves us over 100.00. We may even cancel prime as the older son has an account if I ever want fast or free shipping and I am not a big Amazon shopper anyway.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@lilo0003 we canceled our prime back in November but they still charged my CC. I chatted with Amazon and they agreed to credit me the 3 months I was charged but I had to contact them again because they only refunded me 1 month. Take screenshots of your chat just in case. FYI once they ask if there is anything else that can help you with you should screenshot it because once you say no it disappears.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your brother @coupon girl
    I will continue to pray for all concerned.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early but to be honest lacking some ambition. I am still struggling with the time change and as a morning person I have to say I much preferred the sun coming up earlier vs going down later. It is so much easier to get up in the morning when the sun is up or coming up.

I did find some ambition and did my pantry tidy, got everything I bought put away and did a quick inventory on what items I would like to stock up on, I will be looking for:
    Oil (Canola or Vegetable)
    Rice
    Chicken Broth (will be getting this from Costco)
    Onion Soup Mix
    Vanilla (Will be getting this from Costco)
    Baking Powder (Will be getting from Costco)
    Crisco (On rollback at Wal-Mart but my local store does not have will try to grab this week when I go to Costco)

I also did my chest freezer tidy, there were a number of things I put in there to freeze flat before being transferred to the Stand Up Freezer. Now that they are frozen they were moved over. I really need to defrost my Stand Up Freezer but I do not have that in me today, maybe next weekend.

Still have some food stuff to get done today but I am going to take a break, have a cup of tea, maybe some muffins and give my back a rest, it did not enjoy moving the big bags of flour.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    shopping grocery day and laundry and working in life project...I had an invitation for my bestie to go to the cinema this afternoon but nope need to work in life project with because I struggle a lot..hope she did understand tough....
    have a good day
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-just a suggestion but I use the powdered Knorr chicken broth in place of buying the cartons. Cheaper and more convenient I find. A big can lasts forever.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Skippy -thank you for the nice comment about my dear brother ,i have called my sister-in-law to hear updates but she hasnt called back yet.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Do you find it salty? I have heard people say it tastes quite salty.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SA-just a suggestion but I use the powdered Knorr chicken broth in place of buying the cartons. Cheaper and more convenient I find. A big can lasts forever.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

it would be salty if you use it straight as a broth to drink. But I find if you use it with no other salt in a dish it is fine. For eg I just made soup yesterday that called for a tsp of salt and 2 cups of low salt broth-which kind of amused me. So I used 2 tsps of the powder in 2 cups of water and cut the salt to 1/2 tsp-or you could use none. It is kind of like the onion soup mix in that a little goes a long way so you definitely learn not to overdo it. If you use unsalted broth and never add add salt in your cooking it might seem salty to you.

I am not sure if you can get the powdered broth mix in a no salt version or not. I just feel with the cost of fuel and trucking in food I am not interested in paying to have things like bottled water and broth trucked to me when I have perfectly good water in my tap.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Mar 20th, 2022 at 02:27 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went to dollarama and bought a few other easter gifts for the grandkids and got another pkg of 1.50 socks 2 prs for me along with a few other items

Then popped into sobeys and bought a nice tropical plant for 12.99 for my neighbour as her mother -in-law passed away the other day .I also got gelato at half off a treat for me bourbon vanilla $4.50,the cashier said these gelatos are soo good and creamy .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A shout out of a TY to @Frugalbigmama , your post reminded me of the butter sale at RCSS.
    DH drove right over with me to snag just 6.
    These days I'm not baking anything ( diet ) OR using it on any of my foods ( diet....again. lol ) , but we were down to a single pound and my stockpiling nature would not let that be.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information