User Tag List

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My Hellmann's loving peeps. The small jar (445ml) and small squeeze (340ml) are on for $3 at No Frills starting today.
    Use $1 coupon (Dec 31 expiry) Not a bad deal. Will figure out what we will use up to expiry date and stock us up.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 21st, 2022 at 09:33 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good day!!! Raining and thunderstorms day,blah day...
    My auntie the one I did go to Costco with her phoned and invited us to lunch sunday yes!!! We will eat BBQ ,!!!
    I went to the mail to the kiosk I purchased my cellphone to get explained a few things
    We stopped (me and dad)at the food court and eaten chicken dijon mustard wrap with greek salad and vegetables salads.We shared the meal So 13,00$ for 2 is kind of okaie for an healthy lunch no beverage tough
    Have a lovely day !!!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Had an early morning cancellation for todays work. My poor client's husband had a really bad night (he has dementia). My heart breaks for her with all the stress of caring for him plus her own health issues.

So since I have the day off I managed to detail the inside of the car including cleaning the inside windows, I’ve done 3 loads of laundry and I’m Plato head out shortly to the horticulture location of the university to get my veggies, especially tomatoes. I might try to get the car washed if I have the time…..and energy.

We used our Telus rewards to get $100 in Starbucks so I used that free money to grab a latte this morning and received 60 bonus stars by ordering before 11am offer and will be awarded close to 29 more for double star day today. Free coffee makes me happy.

I ordered my nail conditioner from TSC this morning and saved $11 on it. Hotel booked for a night when I get my hair done in September and now just to try to plan stuff for our other vacation time.

Off to get my veggies. Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and safe.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm working on laundry today on my breaks. My 1st large load is all hung up ready to dry.
    Bedding in the dryer.
    Whites in the washer.
    Folded towels to put away and a basket of clean stuff to deal with.
    Made a Daiya pizza for lunch, had 2 slices and DS ate the rest.
    Kitchen is clean.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 21st, 2022 at 02:39 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Just got back from the university and got my grape tomatoes. I grabbed 7 bags (ziploc sandwich bags stuffed) for $3 each and 2 cumbers for $2. They are sooooo good. I also got scolded by some old dude . He proceeded to tell me that there were lots of people coming in and I should leave some for him! I just politely told him to have a great rest of his day. Sorry if you can’t schedule your time properly to get here in time. I however managed to arrive early and have to stand in line outside in the hot sun with no shade just over 20 minutes before they opened and I was like the 20th person in line. It’s a very popular place. Oh well, I got what I needed and there are no limits and he didn’t complain about the people cleaning out the beans, large tomatoes and lettuce since he wasn’t interested in those. What a sad little man.

Now it’s back to laundry……..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bed is made!!! I tossed it in the wash at 9am and finally made at 3pm! I learned long ago to do bedding 1st so you get the bed made during the say and not leave it till you are ready to crawl in!
    I think I need to close the windows. It is feeling hot in the house. Or maybe its because I am running around and I will feel better after my shower soon.

I've decided on not making dinner tonight. Eat leftovers/fend for yourself
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Had an early morning cancellation for todays work. My poor client's husband had a really bad night (he has dementia). My heart breaks for her with all the stress of caring for him plus her own health issues.

So since I have the day off I managed to detail the inside of the car including cleaning the inside windows, I’ve done 3 loads of laundry and I’m Plato head out shortly to the horticulture location of the university to get my veggies, especially tomatoes. I might try to get the car washed if I have the time…..and energy.

We used our Telus rewards to get $100 in Starbucks so I used that free money to grab a latte this morning and received 60 bonus stars by ordering before 11am offer and will be awarded close to 29 more for double star day today. Free coffee makes me happy.

I ordered my nail conditioner from TSC this morning and saved $11 on it. Hotel booked for a night when I get my hair done in September and now just to try to plan stuff for our other vacation time.

Off to get my veggies. Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and safe.
    @harbie I didn't realize you can get Telus rewards?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@harbie Your market score at the university is reminding me that McMaster University students do operate a fresh produce cart once per week. I'm not near the campus and have yet to visit the local farmer's market in Ancaster. Still on my to-do list (local market) but it may have to wait until August.

Our family is getting through that watermelon from yesterday. I have a few slices left but they'll be gone soon.I've even had watermelon in early am when mouth was dry-the fruit is more hydrating than plain water.

Managed to do an evening shop at Walmart for bandages and a few things plus two packs of Boost Simply+ *and redeemed the two coupons for the Simply+*. Kept putting off the shop but the debit card still had some spending room left and I obliged. I was down to last bandages of the day. Still rather sweaty tonight despite a cooling breeze. Thankful the insects did not eat me alive (I did not take along a long sleeve shirt).

Fortino's digital flyer shows Hewitt's Small Batch ice cream (half litre for $6.99). Product is not showing up on the website. I have to see if my local store has it since I haven't popped into Denningers for the regular Hewitt's ice cream (it will not survive over an hour by bus in this heat even in my insulated bag so I won't chance it). My mini waffle bowls are lonely since decent ice cream seems to be absent from our freezer (Mom has not eaten her frozen sorbet or dessert so far).

Sobey's flyer shows Pure Leaf Iced tea (the large bottle) on sale for $2.99 this week! I should have stocked up when Fortinos' had the offer two flyers ago.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning and happy friday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Beautiful day!
    Busy work day but I will power through!

I had said last night was a fend for yourself night for dinner. I went out shopping for bread (thank you $tree!) and oldest DS called me and was going to be around for dinner so I made burgers/sausage on a bun with ceaser salad and coleslaw. It was really good.
    Tonight is fend for yourself

Tonight I need to pack for camping. My niece wanted to try camping so we are taking her Excited to relax at the beach and then have a fire and make her smores

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I am off till Tuesday so will make next week a short week

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well this week did not go as planned.

A large number of us may have been exposed at work and although the Government regulations do not say we need to quarantine, to be safe work has sent us all into quarantine until Monday. If test negative Monday morning we can go back. It is a little difficult as we are now running super short staffed with some of us trying to cover remotely in jobs that really are not remote jobs. But, we are making it work.

So far no additional positives, we all tested yesterday, some tested today, some are waiting until tomorrow since a negative test does not allow us to into work.

This is the first time I have had to test and let me tell you, not a nice experience but it is what it is.

I am feeling fine but cannot help but be a little worried, even before this I was struggling with my sinuses (the day this happened, I almost did not go in because I woke up with a massive sinus headache but after some meds I felt better and headed in), plus I got my booster shot so if I do start to not feel well not quite sure what the cause might be. But that is why we have the tests.

Not sure what the weekend will bring, we will see what happens.

Happy Friday Everyone
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home for lunch quick and made 2 eggs with Rye toast. Good and cheap!
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi -my doctor is now taking patients instead of loking at pictures ,yes so i went this morning (masked up and all) i have an infection around my finger (i tried to clear it for a month now but to no advail)

So i picked up my pills and scooted to my son's to pick up cara age 4 to sleep over for the night.So my son only has one as his wife went away for the weekend for a bridal girls weekend up north .
    Lets hope this kijiji woman comes tonight for a bed frame.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Received my la vie en rose panties order I ordered 2 days ago,wow that was fast!!!
    went to public harvest they did not have 2 things I was looking for..oh well
    I am surprise the gadoua bread for the B1G1 coupons was cleared at maxi and cie grocery or they dont have it....a bit ticked as I want to use my coupon...
    it is 28 degres so the ac is on.
    will will go at my auntie for dinner not lunch finally
    I purchased some chicken skewers for dinner maybe I will turn mine into wraps with tzaziki and veggies !!!
    I took a good nap,a bad habit that seems recurrent since 3 days..hope it will pass...I need my time haha
    have a good day
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Jul 22nd, 2022 at 03:53 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow just sold my daughter's bedframe to a lovely lady ,not the one that said $50 firm either.

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information