User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassy ashly- Cooler temps today for sure! What a change!
    The good thing is the load of laundry I hung to dry yesterday is dry so I was able to put on yoga pants I washed yesterday!

Just took out pasta sauce and cooked ground beef from the freezer. Feels like a pasta kind of night. (and great for using up something from the freezer!)
    Will use the I'taliano loaf of bread my BIL gave me and make Garlic bread with cheese to go with it. (have a bit of garlic butter I made awhile ago to use up)

Today- Put away all the clean laundry.
    Putter in the spare room- Put the last of DS's stuff in a box for him to deal with. Take down the posters. Mud the holes.

Have a great day everyone!
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hi Sassy!! and to all those who follow.

rain later today. got up early, workedon my puzzle for a bit. hubby and i are going to go for a drive in a bit.
    yesterday made up a batch of vanilla extract , should be ready in 6 months. i just opened my other bottle. i tend to rotate them.

tomorrow.. i will do a bit of vacuming,and getting ready for the week. I have 2 new kids, so it will be about getting everyone comfy and into a routine

i need to do a menu plan as well.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Productive morning.

Meal plan is done, not 100% sure we will stick with it, I did struggle a bit with it. A lot of good meals but just worried if things get busy some meals won't happen but such is life. Here is my plan:
    *Homemade Pizza with Side Salad
    *Baked Lemon Chicken with Rice & Veggies
    *Slow Cooker Pepper Steak with Rice
    *Eggroll in a bowl with Rice
    *Chicken Parm with Pasta and Salad
    *Instant Pot Alfredo with Chicken and Veg
    *Taco Pie with Salad
    *Pork Chops with Baked Mushroom Rice & Veggies
    *Homemade Burgers with Air Fryer Fries & Salad
    *Balsamic Chicken with Mashed Potatoes & Veggies

A lot of salads but I have romaine to use up, plus some lemons and cooked pasta.

No idea what tonight's dinner will be.

Went down the basement and moved furniture around. Most of the shelves are now accessible in the basement so if Mom wants to move stuff from the main floor down to the basement we can. All of the shelves still need to be organized but that is a project for another day.

Another reason to move the furniture was, it was blocking the closet which was where we found some mold after the flood. I did not empty the closet but moved some stuff around and I do not see anymore mold, good sign.

Question:
    For anyone using a dehumidifier, how often do you have to empty it?

In the summer and I think it is because of the humidity. On the hot humid days we have to empty it about every 24 hours. Mom is saying it is because we have another leak but I cannot find any water in the basement.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night I realized that my one email account was having password trouble and wouldn’t load my new emails. I fixed the issue and scrolled through my recently loaded emails. I won the adult reading challenge this summer at our public library and I’m supposed to pick up my prize. Oops. I was there yesterday afternoon (it’s closed on Sundays until later in the month) and didn’t know I had anything to pick up. They’d also like to take my pic for their Facebook page, if I’m ok with it. Nice little surprise. Hopefully they didn’t pull another name and give them the prize, because they didn’t call me after not hearing back from me.

We are under an extreme heat advisory still.

It’s my wedding anniversary today.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Sep 4th, 2022 at 10:34 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Anniversary Angela!

Dropped DS off at work for 9am and then went to Walmart. Did my return. Picked up 2 toys for Christmas for niece and great niece.
    Picked up cheap coffee maker. It will pay for itself in a week.

Picked up hamburger and sausage buns for $1.50 at Dollar Tree.

Stopped in RCSS and was able to grab 4 more bottles of laundry detergent for $2.77!! Already put away and organized to use the older stuff 1st. I hadn't bought any in years and was getting down to my last few bottles and had picked one up last week on a deal so I could stay ahead of the game. So happy for this deal as I thought I would have been paying $$$ going forward.

Now to get stuff done around the house!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , Happy Anniversary
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Took Mom down the basement, showed her what I did. she asked why I did it alone. Because if I asked for her help she would have taken over and moved it alone to not hurt me. But I was able to just slide the furniture across the floor with just a few bumps due to uneven tiles. Not to mention, I was not sure my plan would work because no, I did not measure first to make sure it would fit, I just went for it.

Moved a bunch of stuff out of the closest, took a closer look, no mold. Super happy, if we need to rip out and replace the drywall that is something I would have had to hire someone to do it.

Mom found some stuff she has been looking for it, it was buried behind the cabinet I moved.

Still need to organize what we are keeping but that is a job for another weekend.

I should have painted the wall before I moved the furniture but thought about it and just did not feel it. I have the paint.

Not sure what Mom's plans are for today yet, she is not sure so may just go and get started in the kitchen.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My Jiff peanut butter replacements coupons finally arrived in the mail. They expire on Dec 31, 2024.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Sunday
    Arm is a little bit sore.
    Much cooler temperature only 14 degres now brrr....I am not ready for this...
    Grocery is done ...really no deals this week for me...
    Relax day here,have a good one
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -we have a dehumidifier and i always empty it every 24 hrs ,infact told hubby to try and empty it as it is heavy .

My freezer is all defrosted and i know i need to get bread ,everything is nicely put in there .

I just made home made chicken soup only had one carrot left so not much carrot is in it,i have 6 containers for the freezer ,may give son one as the girls love it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    sassy -we have a dehumidifier and i always empty it every 24 hrs ,infact told hubby to try and empty it as it is heavy .

My freezer is all defrosted and i know i need to get bread ,everything is nicely put in there .

I just made home made chicken soup only had one carrot left so not much carrot is in it,i have 6 containers for the freezer ,may give son one as the girls love it.
    Thanks for the idea. I will make sure to take a whole chicken out this week for dinner one night...and then the next day I will make soup for DS! (since we have carrots ect) Having single servings for him will be perfect!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Frugalbigmama -we are all here to help one another for sure .I love this forum.

Talked to my daughter for an hour,she is sick with a cold (not covid took test ) sebastian sneezed into her face .Of cource he was in my sons pool when ashlyn was getting over a cold last monday .

Just wrapping sebastian his 2 colouring books i got at dollar tree and dollarama ,dont have to wrap the rest as mastermind did for free.lol

frugalbig mamma-in a past post you said you got your niece some great gifts on claerance i think you said at walmart,if you dont mind what were they toys and what were they ? Thanks as i want to get going on xmas shopping for the grandkids ,plus the girls birthdays are oct and nov .Since covid i am so behing in gift shopping for the grandkids , well i am hoping to go to mastermind this tuesday as its 20% off for grandparents .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Frugalbigmama -we are all here to help one another for sure .I love this forum.

Talked to my daughter for an hour,she is sick with a cold (not covid took test ) sebastian sneezed into her face .Of cource he was in my sons pool when ashlyn was getting over a cold last monday .

Just wrapping sebastian his 2 colouring books i got at dollar tree and dollarama ,dont have to wrap the rest as mastermind did for free.lol

frugalbig mamma-in a past post you said you got your niece some great gifts on claerance i think you said at walmart,if you dont mind what were they toys and what were they ? Thanks as i want to get going on xmas shopping for the grandkids ,plus the girls birthdays are oct and nov .Since covid i am so behing in gift shopping for the grandkids , well i am hoping to go to mastermind this tuesday as its 20% off for grandparents .
    My 8 year old niece likes those "surprise" toys (blind bags) I just watch for them on clearance. They had a bunch of different ones on for $1 each. And the LOL balls and a different type for $5. I bought some 5pk on clearance for $5. They also had tons of Paw Patrol stuff on clearance. And Fisher Price stuff reg $30-40 on for $9. I hope to check another Walmart our this week if I go to Costco. Check out your toy section.. never know what you will find!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The meat sauce simmering on the stove smells so good!!! So happy I decided on this for dinner (and now a package of cooked beef and a Mason jar are out of my freezer )

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks frugalbigmama -i will check out my walmart clearance soon i hope .

Well had to chuck out 2 bags of fries and a loaf of bread from my freezer way too old they were on the bottom i guess.Hope not to do that again .

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information