User Tag List

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Was going to go shopping this morning, see what I could get at No Frills but just as I was going to get ready to head out it started to rain. Really do not want to haul groceries in, in the rain.

Maybe I will go after work, we will see. Not sure what is up this week, I am sleeping, it feels restful but I keep waking up so tired and only gets worse as the day goes on. Maybe it is the seasons changing, not sure but we shall see how I feel.

Going to write next week's meal plan, my plan is for all things fall. I have some squash I bought at Costco and I got an offer for Potatoes at No Frills which includes Russets (lately only white potatoes have been in sale and there good but I do not like them mashed).
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @barbis9 wtactual F?? She must have a screw loose, even though she teaches shop!

@coupon girl that certainly is a bummer to have a repeat of covid. If this was a lottery you'd be considered so lucky! ( sorry, nervous humour here )
    As far as un-vaccinated persons making sweeping judgements about vaccinated persons getting infected, it's like you said.... at least you've not been hospitalized, intubated or worse.
    Thankfully a bad cold and headaches appear to be the default setting of symptoms. Hope you get back to normal soon, and praying your DH can avoid catching it so you two can have a belated celebration for your b'day and Anniversary!
    @walkonby I was shocked that they would allow that near machinery! I feel badly for the students. And teaching in bicycle shorts?! crazy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning everyone its my birthday and anniversary ,wow 63 and no where to go .lol and 43 yrs married .

Walkonby-i have not had covid before this is the first 2 and a half yrs in and lucky me caught it .lol We will celebrate in oct later as i have a gift card for the keg i need to use up .

barbis9-i am starting to feel a tiny bit better,no more nose dripping and extreme headache ,just a dull headache but now its the coughwhich is extreme day 4 here for me ,so glad i stocked up on kleenex .

Hubby will be going to seniors day at shoppers this should be fun ,whatever he buys or not i will be good with that .I will give him a small list really need eggs and milk .He doesnt even know the layout of the store -lol.Tested hubby last night nothing me staying in another room away from him and all windows open and wearing a ppe when i go downstairs maybe is helping .

Wow could have slept a bit longer but coughing woke me ,Everyone have a great day.
    @coupongirl happy anniversary and birthday. If your cough is bad, see if hubby can ask the pharmacist for cough syrup with codeine (which suppresses coughing), its behind the counter but you don't need an Rx for it. The Keg in October sounds good.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks to a couple of you for the reminder to check my flyers-they just arrived!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks barbis for the tip about the cough syrup,i really only have coughed while lying down.But if it gets worse i will consider .Thanks for the birthday wishes .

This morning the bay sent me a save $10 when you spend 50.00 code for my birthday ,oh and their free shipping was not raised as i stated a week ago i think it 49.00 and free shipping ,so i put in an order of under armour sandals for next summer for me and around the house (i dont care for slippers as i have slipped on the stairs in them before)plus pjs set for me ,concealor and socks for son or hubby .

Well the code didnt go thru so the guy i spoke to asked me to send a few things and i was upset i told him it was my birthday today and i just wanted to put this order thru ,so he told me age was just a number and he sent me an e gift card to put thru -nice service i told him since i still like the sales from the bay .

Today i havent napped maybe i am on the mend slowly ,hubby went to seniors day at shoppers and spent 26.00 just milk ,bread ,eggs ,muffins and a few treats(chips cookies)
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Has anyone run into this before?

I went to No Frills and was trying to price match as much as I could and they denied my Price Match. My store has a limit of 4 per item on Price Matches, it is what it is, I work within the limit.

I was denied one package of blueberries today because now they say it 4 items per written ad. What does this mean?

Food Basics has Cauliflower, Blueberries and Pineapple all for $1.88 and they are all written in the same paragraph, or blurp in flyer so now I am being told it is a max of 4 combined.

So because I bought 2 Cauliflower, 1 Pineapple and 2 Blueberries I was told I could not Price Match the second package of Blueberries as I exceeded my limit.

The cashier let me do a second transaction for the one package of blueberries but thinking it is time to start shopping all the store again.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@coupon girl Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

What I got at No Frills:
    2 x Blueberries $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Pineapple $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    2 x Cauliflower $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Red Onions 3lbs $2.99 (PM Food Basics)
    3 x Roma Tomatoes $0.99/lb
    4 x Bananas
    1 x Acorn Squash $0.99/lb
    3 x Pie Pumpkins $1.29
    1 x Rice $10.99 (cannot remember the size of the bag, it is No Name one)
    3 x Quaker Old Fashion Oats $1.99 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Quaker Quick Oats $1.99 (PM Food Basics)

I was actually surprised on a few things I was going to Price Match but No Frills had the same price unadvertised or was cheaper. Like the Pumpkins I was going to Price Match Freshco for $1.99 but No Frills was $1.29.

She did try to deny my Red Onion price match as she could not find the size of the bag on the tag but I checked and pointed it out to her.

A little disappointed I got an exclusive No Frills offer for Russets or White Potato 10lb bag for $2.99 but my store only had Yellow Potatoes which is not included and we are not over fond of Yellow Potatoes.

I will still need to stop on a couple of other stores, I want to stock up Sugars (I need Icing Sugar, Brown Sugar, Dark Brown Sugar and I will grab some White Sugar because it is baking season) but my No Frills does not carry Redpath anymore. Plus a few other things other stores have on sale that I could not price match.

Oh I forgot to mention in my previous post my No Frills has gone back to the produce has to be from the same place as the flyer. So they checked the flyer said Peru for the blueberries and they checked theirs were from Peru. If it does not match or their produce does not say where it is from they will deny the match. I prefer No Frills, it is my local store and I get PC points but thinking it is time to start shopping all the stores again.

I do not like going to cash and questioning if they will accept my Price Match, I do my best to follow all of the rules but it feels like No Frills is becoming non Price Match friendly again.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Sep 22nd, 2022 at 07:00 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF tomorrow
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy I have had the same issue with location at No frills. So far not the limit of 4 but we will see as I need blueberries and want 4 blueberries and a pineapple. But I could do one set of blueberries on DHs card to not get a hassle.
    It’s amazing how quickly the weather turned. It was 27 degrees yesterday and 14 today. Not a fan.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, is the official word of the day LOL.

I did not sleep well and I have a super busy day. I went to bed, I fell asleep but only slept for like 30 minutes and woke up wide awake and could not fall back asleep. I think I finally fell asleep around midnight.

Having a cup of tea, catching up on my emails before I dive head first into today.

Last night I cleaned up my work to-do-list and started my home to-do-list for the weekend. I do have a bit of an ambitious to-do-list but I think it is super doable as long as I focus. There is a lot to be done in the kitchen plus some cleaning. I did not get a lot of cleaning done during the week this week.

I need to confirm with Mom her new plan for the main floor. Originally she wanted to organize the hallway bookcase (which I have build and installed in the hallway) and the bookcases in the living room. But now she has changed her mind and wants to work on the dining room first, if this is the case I have not built the shelving unit for the dining room yet as I had been hoping to move the dining room stuff to the living room to make room to build the shelves. Might need a plan B but I will figure it out.

Happy Friday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! For a brief moment this morning I was thinking it was Monday! Ugh!
    Youngest is gone to the cottage for a few days so I am not his taxi What will I do with all the free time!

Treated myself to a $1 Mcdonald's coffee this morning so enjoying it and then will tackle my work pile.

Yesterday I picked up a few groceries and on the clearance produce rack at Food Basics I got 4 large peppers for $1.50. I'm going to chop them up and put them in the freezer for veggie stir fry/omelettes/pasta sauce/sweetnsour meatballs. I also went back to Independent for the Club house spice bottles on clearance for .99 each and received 4000 PC pts per 2 on each of my cards . This motivated me to clean out the spice cupboard and it is all nice and tidy now.

Have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good late morning everyone. I say late morning because I’ve been up since 5am but finally getting around to having breakfast and getting online.

Happy belated Anniversary @coupon girl hope you’re feeling better today.
    @SassyAshley That’s frustrating with NF price matching. It’s so annoying that they have to make things so difficult when things are already hard. I usually pm at save on foods since they are ALWAYS easy and no hassle but I don’t pm veggies so maybe that’s making it easier.

I’m making it a long weekend for me and taking today off. Actually it’s more because of my hand .

Plan for today is wiping out and organizing the fridge, make my grocery list while loosely meal planning and of course laundry. I’ll be heading to save on foods since they have an offer of redeeming 5000 points and get $10 off so I’ll be cashing all those in.

No garden work today with the cooler temps and sprinkle of rain, I’ll wait until tomorrow when it’s sunny again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Saw the craziest thing on the news tonight. Its even showing up on the news in the UK.

https://www.chch.com/oakville-teache...hetic-breasts/

At first I thought this was a joke, but no, it's definitely not. I hope posting it here doesn't offend anyone.
    @coupongirl I hope you are starting to feel better.
    Not just the prosthetics. The basic lack of safety gear/awareness-long hair not tied back, shorts in a shop using a circular saw...
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had presence of mind to make a second cup of tea whilst in an argument with Mom. She sandbagged me with something and that meant figuring out what financial/legal clutter would be left behind if what she says is true (not believing her but was running through known existing issues). Thankful for tea. Had I a 2L cola pop on hand, I'd be drinking it until I was ill!

Flyers and paper came late yesterday. Just glanced online at Walmart flyer (did not get) and digital GT, Fortinos and Food Basics ones. Noticed some personal care products are 50cents to a $1 more than what I paid during summer. Perrier slim cans sale price is now $6.49 to $6.99 (not $5.99). Plan to do grocery runs next week (decided I'll add baby shampoo to list. Using conditioner but I have an itchy scalp..). There are 5 days of rain in forecast as of tomorrow and I'm not keen to be in it unless it's light and short. Kind of interested in the Cure sleepwear in the GT clothing flyer if it's a cotton blend product but not if it's all synthetic.

Walmart Photo online has a 4x6 Fuji Spark print sale at 12 cents per print, 30 print min order that expires today. For comparison, in-store kiosk prints are 52 cents each at my local store. https://www.walmartphotocentre.ca/
    @Frugalbigmama See what local or area community programs/classes might be of interest! Find an event for a half-day outing...
    Last edited by Ciel21; Fri, Sep 23rd, 2022 at 12:00 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information