User Tag List

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Only an earlier start to the December thread since it's Black Friday/Vendredi fou when I type this post.

Chilly/brisk air day-definitely calling for more tea than the morning cup I had! Saw a Twitter post that packing peanuts can be stuffed into old socks, the sock openings sewn closed and then the filled socks can be used as draft dodgers against doors, as those foam peanuts have insulating effects. Sounds better than lugging an old blanket or folded bathmat and much lighter as well! There may be a box of such packing peanuts lurking in the basement for such a project!

My weekend includes making more paper chains and decor. Tape update-my brother had 5 rolls left of Magic Transparent tape from a Costco purchase (6pk) earlier this year, so I got a roll without leaving home! Delighted
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Day needs some more cleaning duties handled, second cup of tea, and more recycling of items. Expired flyers and last week's papers are in the recycling box. One small hemming task awaits. Oh, forgot to see if BurdaStyle has any new issue previews posted online! Need the diversion.
    Would love Mom's room to have the new curtain rods up, sheers up and those curtain panels shortened (she'd have to do the work) and hung. The current curtains did their job and have too much wear. Bro has yet to indicate when he'll install the rods.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our snow melter pails and snow shovels have been in place for over a week outside. Snow flurries are coming this week. Going to be a driver of hot beverage consumption, most certainly!
    Rather hoping the snow melts of own accord with little or no need to shovel. Powder snow welcome; lake-effect flurries can take a vacation.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy December 1st! Oh my how did we get here already!!!
    This weekend I am totally getting Christmas ready. Saturday is the day.

Last night I went out for dinner with my friend. I enjoyed my $20 salad

It was nice to pull out of the garage this morning and not have to clean off my vehicle. That snow is heavy!
    I cleared the walk way and in front of the garage. DS is in charge of the rest. He needs the fresh air. And he has a very light day.

Tonight I need to hang out in the launryroom. I will do a load of laundry and hang it to dry. I think I will move the shelf in there out into the recroom and then start tossing stuff. Garbage day is Monday and the bin is pretty empty so I need to use the space to get rid of crap. I am in downsizing mode!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Dec 1st, 2022 at 09:31 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Mom went out last night so I had the house to myself which was nice. I was so torn on what I wanted to do, did I want to do one of my all-over-the-place chaotic cleans or did I just want to veg out in front of the TV and binge-watch?

I did a mix. I got the kitchen clean which was a bit of a disaster, there were dishes from Mom making her soup she did not have time to wash and although dinner did not have a lot of dishes most of them could go in the dishwasher. I put what I could in the dishwasher but it was not full so did not turn it on, then I did all the hand dishes.

As Mom was going out the door she needed a bag and grabbed this random bag that has been sitting by the door, it was full of work stuff but old work stuff. I think it is a bag I brought home at the start of Covid with things I thought I would need working remotely that I did nothing with. So I sorted the stuff in the bag and found more notebooks and file folders (I think I might be a little obsessed with Notebooks and File Folders).

Then it was time to relax on the couch, try to finish up a few crochet projects and binge-watch.

I started the series Wednesday on Netflix, it is different but I like it. Some may not like the humour in it, but I find it funny.

I finished the Christmas Tree I was crocheting and I love it, downside is I did it as a keep-busy project. Crochet helps my anxiety because it keeps my hands busy and forces me to focus on the stitches and the number of stitches, it helps me to refocus my brain. So I did not follow a pattern and I did not write a pattern well I was working on it. But, I love the way this tree came out and I want to be able to make more so now, I need to try to recreate it and write a pattern.

I am not even sure I should try to plan for dinner, think maybe I should just go with the flow and see where the day goes as this week my plans are no coming together.

Happy Thursday
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@SassyAshley - What is the series on Netflix?
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , it is called Wednesday, it is about Wednesday from the Adam's Family when she was a teenager.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama, it is called Wednesday, it is about Wednesday from the Adam's Family when she was a teenager.
    ok thanks. I saw it but didn't read what it was about.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Honestly, I blew it off when I saw it but I saw a bunch of people online asking when season 2 was coming so I watched the trailer and decided to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    ok thanks. I saw it but didn't read what it was about.
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ran to No Frills at Lunch as I needed to not look at my computer screen for a bit. We did not need a lot but there was one item I wanted to Price Match and was worried others would do the same and No Frills would be out of stock.

Honestly, I wanted to hold off until tomorrow as I did not feel like going out today but my worry, became anxiety and I became one track minded.

I got:
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Sweet Potatoes 10lb $5.00
    2 x Mangos $0.99
    1 x Celery $2.49 (PM Freshco)
    1 x Hot Dog Buns
    4 x Eggs $2.49 (PM Zehrs)

I got the Celery but I will be honest I was a little disappointed it looked like all the stalks of celery had been peeled down to their centers and you were only getting about half of what a normal celery stalk is.

I did not get cucumbers because the two I still have in my fridge looked better than the one on the shelf. They did not look good.

The only other thing I might pick up this week is Ground Beef from Zehrs. Both Zehrs and Sobeys have extra lean ground beef on sale and we need to make more burgers for the freezer. Sobeys is closer but I have a PC offer for Beef so I would prefer to go to Zehrs and get the points.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Honestly, I blew it off when I saw it but I saw a bunch of people online asking when season 2 was coming so I watched the trailer and decided to give it a shot.
    I know I try to give stuff a shot I would normally never like. Peaky Blinders. I would never watch that if you told me about it. Not only did I watch it and LOVE IT I was waiting on pins and needles for the last season to be posted. I absolutely loved it!
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Loved peaky blinders sassy .

Today went to the bulk barn my pecans are so much cheaper there spent 30.00 saved 5.00 with cpn

Then over to shoppers same plaza

put a brag in the bragging section

(2) cottonelle toilet paper huge rolls =24 reg 6.99-6,000 loaded offers =3.99 each
    (2) country harvest bagels and bread after discount and personal offer paid =3.03 each
    (2) kelloggs special k vanilla cereal 4.49-1.00 cpn-1.00 chekcout51=2.49 each (i find in the grocery stores this is always gone )
    (1) ontario green house grown strawberries 3.99 on sale

got my grandson sebastian a childrens tylenol behind the counter you have to ask for it -limit 1
    13.49-20%=10.79 mind you my daughter -in-law got 2 the other day at walmart 9.99 limit 2 but she needed the both as little miss cara is sick most of the time and ashlyn takes a higher dose since she is age 9.

So didnt mind paying 10.79 as it is hard for my daughter to find it in toronto as she works from home all week and goes out the dd time on weekends when she is not working .

Got 18,857 in points as i spent 100.00 on other items i didnt list like milk razors ,bandages etc
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was a light dusting of snow yesterday morning. Mr Wind still had teeth (frosty!) so I was outside briefly to sprinkle ice melter and to get community paper bundle.

Bundle had a Rexall flyer and new biweekly Longos flyer. Did not get Walmart's Hosting insert (saw it online) but only the regular grocery flyer.

I was not active much on Dec.1. Felt strong urge to nap twice and heeded that. Have noticed my head acts up (headache or pressure near temples) in cold weather or snowy conditions. Walk planned for day will go ahead on Friday (milder day in forecast-yes!).

Posted a couple of new contests-one in Facebook thread, one on main Contests thread.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Was up early this morning, yeah!!!!!!!!!

I feel so much better, won't say it was easy getting up at 5 but I feel so much since I was up early, and got my day started.

These reports for work are taking forever, I worked late last night because I wanted to get steps 1 & 2 done which I did but step 3 is the time-consuming part. My dreams of having this done today are fading, time to be realistic, it probably won't happen.

Need to update my home to-do list and see what is left from last week. I know there are a few small tasks I plan to get done today and then I will plan my to-do list for next week. It is slow but things are getting done which makes me happy.

I am trying to have balance which is not my forte. Other than last night I am doing well at keeping normal working hours. Although I want all of the stuff around the house done and done now I am trying to be realistic so I am not go-go whenever I am awake. This leads me to feel burnt out and then everything stops and I feel defeated. So trying to keep the balance, be realistic and make sure I get me/downtime each day.

Ugh, back to the excel spreadsheets, I wear they are breeding as I work on them.

Happy Friday
    harbie, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TFIF! Chilly windy morning here.

I'm in the office today so a good day to plow through all my work.

Then once home I will probably relax tonight lol. I may do a few things to get started for my big clean and get ready for Christmas day tomorrow.
    Sounds like I picked a good day to stay home and get stuff done. The weather sounds messy tomorrow for us.

I have not been feeling big dinners the past few days. Last night I had a bit of popcorn. I will give the fridge a clean out tomorrow morning and come up with some ideas.

Have a wonderful day and weekend everyone!

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information