User Tag List

Page 270 of 272 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4069
Like Tree9953Likes

Thread: Dollarama Grabs!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Vaseline lip balm no price tag and Her for She cookies n creme chocolate bar with Fae Johnstone $0.87
    Purdee, cath007, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone.
    I’m not normally on here, but reading through your posts, purchases prompted me to relate an incident that happened to me, just so you don’t make the mistake I did.

I purchased a package of personal wipes…like those flushable Cottonelle wipes thinking the price was certainly better, so why not. I’ll skip the details of my pain and visit to our doctor just to say that had I waited, the infection would have gone septic and I would have been in much more serious internal pain and trouble than I was in. He said I was close to hospitalization. He put me on an intense antibiotic protocol, then extended prednisone. It was likely caused by the water used in preparing those cloths; I needn’t tell you where they were made. He informed the Health Unit.

Suffice it to say, after that horrid experience, I no longer shop for anything from $stores that I have to apply to face nor body and that includes bath, shower, soap products from there. Having done a lot of reading (something like that does that to you), no phalates, parabens, artificial colours or smaller size products that sell for less. I wish I had been more diligent sooner, particularly for my family.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what can happen…it sure scared the daylights out of me; I don’t want the same thing to happen to anyone else.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Mar 13th, 2023 at 07:46 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the warning.That's why I just stick with name brand stuff from dollar stores.I actually I read the back of the packaging on name brand products because sometimes no name companies license name brands.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Mar 18th, 2023 at 07:49 AM.
    Lynn49, cath007, dededi and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Werther's maple eclair soft caramel limited edition 116g $2.00.
    cath007, dededi, Ciel21 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I purchased a package of personal wipes…like those flushable Cottonelle wipes thinking the price was certainly better, so why not. I’ll skip the details of my pain and visit to our doctor just to say that had I waited, the infection would have gone septic and I would have been in much more serious internal pain and trouble than I was in. He said I was close to hospitalization. He put me on an intense antibiotic protocol, then extended prednisone. It was likely caused by the water used in preparing those cloths; I needn’t tell you where they were made. He informed the Health Unit.

Suffice it to say, after that horrid experience, I no longer shop for anything from $stores that I have to apply to face nor body and that includes bath, shower, soap products from there. Having done a lot of reading (something like that does that to you), no phalates, parabens, artificial colours or smaller size products that sell for less. I wish I had been more diligent sooner, particularly for my family.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what can happen…it sure scared the daylights out of me; I don’t want the same thing to happen to anyone else.
    Oh, no! That sounds horrible! So sorry this happened to you. If we were in the US, you could probably sue them. Thanks for the warning. Hope you recover completely!
    Lynn49, cath007, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Oh, no! That sounds horrible! So sorry this happened to you. If we were in the US, you could probably sue them. Thanks for the warning. Hope you recover completely!
    Thank you, @GatineauGirl , yes completely recovered now, but it was a relatively long road….our Dr told me later I nearly went septic!! Now THAT WAS SCARY!!

I won’t buy anything from there that goes on or in or near me!
    I hope my ordeal saves others from that pain.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rusk conditioners $4.50,Burt's Bees hand soap honey and lavender 236.5mL $5.00,Loreal Elvive dry shampoo $5.00,Loreal mousse $5.00,Revlon roll on perfumes 3 in box $5.00,Revlon fine fragrance mist $4.00 and David Beckham spray cologne no price.
    cath007, dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dial dragonfruit bodywash $4.00
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

$5 for 2 tongs with "feet"
    Attachment 379988
    Name:  20230602_161546.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  174.4 KB
    walkonby, dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The tongs just look like the Betty Crocker red ones without feet!
    @Lynn49 Thanks for posting about the scary encounter with personal care items. I do buys soaps 3packs and single boxed ones at Dollarama because I don't want a bulk buy. However, since becoming fond of baby wipes, I have been looking for name brand ones on sale/clearance (at Shoppers or Fortinos or the surplus outlet store in town). I have noticed the many places of origin on personal care items sold at Dollar stores.
    Poirot and dededi like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Airwick pink sweet pea candle and white vanilla beans candles 105g no price tag and Palmolive blueberry and almond dishwashing liquid no price tag.
    Cake likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dial energize and boost body wash berry burst 473mL $4.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Baylis and Harding liquid hand soaps 500mL cucumber melon,grapefruit and blueberry $5.00,Jason liquid hand soaps 473mL tea tree and apricot $5.00 Dollarama just seems to getting as expensive as the regular stores.
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I used to like taking my girls there so they can buy an item or two but the prices keep going up so we haven't been back there for awhile; we go to dollartree instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Baylis and Harding liquid hand soaps 500mL cucumber melon,grapefruit and blueberry $5.00,Jason liquid hand soaps 473mL tea tree and apricot $5.00 Dollarama just seems to getting as expensive as the regular stores.
    Poirot and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Dollarama just seems to getting as expensive as the regular stores.
    I've never quite understood the popularity of dollar-stores. When I calculate them on per-pound basis, they are usually already as expensive (or more!) than the RCSS/Walmart offerings. Are folks just getting duped into thinking that they getting a bargain for less product?
    Poirot and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Thread Information