User Tag List

Page 315 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 415 815 1315 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am currently looking up recipes for pie. I have not made any in years (although I have had no problems in the past when I have made large batches). I am making tarts too. Apple, rhubarb, and blueberry. Part of my plan is to spoil my fiance's new co-workers by sending fresh tarts with him after lunch tomorrow. I know that it will be a lot of work, but I am looking forward to it. I should post some pics if I remember to...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well, after I licked the bowl from the raspberry jam I made, spaghetti seemed like a good idea. LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangirl5279 View Post
    Thanks for the info kekes! I wasn't sure if you could freeze an egg after it's cooked.....I'm a newbie cook myself. LOL I will try to make these! Thanks again!
    Eggs ... what you can do with eggs ...

ok, listen up, this is so cool ..........

you can buy eggs (when on sale, yup they do come on sale now and then)
    break eggs into a bowl and whisk - to not beat them, you don't want lots of air, but you do want the yolks broken and kinda mixed in with the whites
    measure out how much you want to scramble at one time
    and freeze .... yes, freeze! You can freeze them for months ! make sure no air in the bag

Now when you unthaw them in the fridge ... they look ... thick and yuky, sometimes the moisture from the white seperates, don't freak, its ok! do not chuck them out!!! (I did the first time ... and Im still smacking my head ! lol)

put in pan and scramble as normal, sometimes they seem thick and gubby to start but ... as they cook, they look and taste like fresh scrambled eggs.

for DH now that I have the recipe down pat for his for wraps, I freeze and then cook 1 lb raw eggs at a crack ... fyi ... 1 large egg weighs 50 g or 1/4 c. measure

This is great for when eggs are a good buy and you really don't have an immediate use for them.

I have also used the thawed frozen egg in the bread machine, in cakes, use just like fresh eggs for baking (that's why I gave you the measurements above)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Oh and for pies ... what I do ... (mom taught me this one!)

I make several pie pastries at one time (I use disposable pie plates) yes I recycle! lol
    Line the pie plates, put a layer of plastic between each pie plate
    Make you pie tops, rolled flat of course, and stack them with plastic inbetween
    now go get yourself one of those Huge cookie tins that your pie plates will fit in
    (I go to a second hand store or Salvation, or one of those types of stores for them ... dirt cheap ... besides I don't like the cookies that come in them
    Put the flat tops in the bottom of the cookie tin
    Put the layered pie plates top
    Close the cookie tin and put in the freezer

This protects the pastry from freezer burn and drying out and ... They don't get broken or crushed

Now I make my fruit and meat pies on a whim ... great for when I make stews and I have a little left over ... quick pies

hope Im not boring everyone ... I just love sharing ... how can we learn if no one tells us!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    If I finish reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" today while I am at work (it has been a slow day so far) I was thinking about rewarding myself with a DQ georgia mud fudge blizzard tonight. (FYI I am teaching a grade 11 English class for the first time this fall and I never read "To Kill a Mockingbird" when I was in school.)
    I finished "To Kill a Mockingbird" before the end of my 12hr shift yesterday. I ended up getting my fiance to cook burgers for me and I made a cucumber and tomato salad to go with it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kekes View Post
    Oh and for pies ... what I do ... (mom taught me this one!)

I make several pie pastries at one time (I use disposable pie plates) yes I recycle! lol
    Line the pie plates, put a layer of plastic between each pie plate
    Make you pie tops, rolled flat of course, and stack them with plastic inbetween
    now go get yourself one of those Huge cookie tins that your pie plates will fit in
    (I go to a second hand store or Salvation, or one of those types of stores for them ... dirt cheap ... besides I don't like the cookies that come in them
    Put the flat tops in the bottom of the cookie tin
    Put the layered pie plates top
    Close the cookie tin and put in the freezer

This protects the pastry from freezer burn and drying out and ... They don't get broken or crushed

Now I make my fruit and meat pies on a whim ... great for when I make stews and I have a little left over ... quick pies

hope Im not boring everyone ... I just love sharing ... how can we learn if no one tells us!
    Thanks. I have frozen pies and pie crust in the past, but I certainly have not tried it this way. I guess I will be keeping my eye out for one of those big cookie tins.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm making bacon and tomato sandwiches for dinner tonight.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I planned supper for tonight but its 33C here and blasted hot, Im craving pizza, we have a McCains multigrain thin crust pizza in the workshop freeze, and a stove too! So I think we're heading out there for 20 minutes and cook in the workshop and bring back in the house. Just toooooo hot to cook inside today and tooooo hot to be outside BBQing

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We went out and I had smoked meat.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Chicken Linguine in a sundried tomato cream sauce
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I made a shrimp stirfry with onions, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, corn, and celery; served over rotini. Hehehe... made the guys eat veggies because I put in lots of shrimp and I filled their plates.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

home made chicken burgers with potato wedges

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had Jane's Chicken burgers on foccacia buns and a caesar salad yummy!!!!
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm really weird and like ketchup on my chicken burgers lol
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Me, too, papillon - that's not weird at all!

Thread Information