User Tag List

Page 702 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 1202 1702 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 38237
Like Tree169081Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter asked for pizza & my wife called the order as my daughter was still speaking. Ham, pineapple & mushroom! Kids had pepperoni.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    We did not go out for dinner Came home sunburned and tired and thawed a whole chickhen ( got to love turbo defrost--my new microwave rocks!) mashed cauliflower and potatoes and steamed brocoli. So tired. Tomorrow going to the In laws and again "don'tbring anything" I guess I will starve (watch everyone else eat) until 11pm till we get home! Maddening!!
    When you have special dietary restrictions, it's totally fine to bring something for yourself which you can eat!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    We did not go out for dinner Came home sunburned and tired and thawed a whole chickhen ( got to love turbo defrost--my new microwave rocks!) mashed cauliflower and potatoes and steamed brocoli. So tired. Tomorrow going to the In laws and again "don'tbring anything" I guess I will starve (watch everyone else eat) until 11pm till we get home! Maddening!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    When you have special dietary restrictions, it's totally fine to bring something for yourself which you can eat!

Both my fiancé (diabetic) and my mother (milk allergy) have dietary restrictions, and our little group (immediate family on my side of the family) are very accommodating, probably because my Mom is used to cooking with limitations. On his side of the family, they would pipe sugar right into his veins if that is what they were having that for dinner - um, he's diabetic, please don't tempt him with fried chicken, processed pizza, deli meats, regular pop - all those things he would like but needs to say no to.

As for dinner tonight, we are going out to dinner with my parents for Father's Day.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for lunch, i did a big mac combo with ice coffee $7.90

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I'm gonna ask a HUGE favor of you SC chef's I need some recipe ideas for chili. It can be a meat or a veg head chili I don't care as long as it is PACKED FULL-O'-FLAVOR! It can be a quickie or take a few hours to make and can use canned beans or even the dried ones that need to soak overnight. DH is a chili freak and the way I make it (lazy mans way) is open can of Nalleys and add 1 can kidney beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, and some chili powder. It tastes good but I'd like to make a real homemade chili.

Thanks

this is what i get for not reading this thread for a few days. here's my recipe, don't know if it's of any use to you now! i tend to eyeball everything, so this is a list from memory.

1 lb ground beef, lean
    1 can kidney beans, rinsed
    1 can black beans, rinsed
    onion - 1/4 cup finely chopped
    2 large cloves or garlic, minced
    celery - 2 stalks finely chopped
    green bell pepper - 1/4 cup finely chopped
    mushroom - 7-8, cut in half and then thinly sliced.
    tomato paste - 1/2 a can or slightly more to taste.

ground cumin - 1 heaping teaspoon
    ground pepper - to taste. i use some type of mexican smoked ground pepper from the bulk store. it adds that awesome smokiness to the chilli.
    salt - i always under-salt, i have no clue why! start with a level teaspoon and increase to your taste.

hotsauce on the side for the adults

---

saute the onions, celery and bell pepper til tender. add meat and spices and cook through.
    add rinsed beans, tomato paste, and enough water to make it soupy. i simmer mine for at least 45 minutes so i add a lot of water and leave the lid slightly ajar. you can always add less water and have a kettle of boiled water handy to add more water towards the end if you feel you want to simmer it some more and the chilli is getting a little thick.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Father's Day Meal (one of husband's favourite meal): Honey baked chicken, rosemary roasted garlic mashed potato, steamed asparagus
    anisa, Natalka, user-id and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i made tilapia and sauteed spinich with butter, olive oil, garlic and chili flakes.... served on a bed of rice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

family BBQ'd staek and shrimp for a very special bday dinner...I am very blessed and fortunate..oh my and my SIL made THE best lemon cake for dessert.......
    anisa, Natalka, alohamom and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tuna melts & salad...nobody felt like cooking last night

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Last night was salad and homeade Angus burgers.
    Tonight...I took chicken breast out...so not sure I might make a stir fry and use brown rice vermicelli noodles instead of rice.
    anisa, Natalka, user-id and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Friday nights was bacon cheeseburgers and potatoe salad. Saturday was BBQ chicken with roasted potatoes,peppers,onions, garlic cloves and mushrooms all mixed together and thrown on the grill and Sunday night we went to a DD's for a bbq fo0r fathers day, nice steak dinner.

Tonight I'm making a nice prime rib roast with mashed potatoes (with roasted garlic and cheese) of coarse, and some garlic roasted asparagus.
    anisa, Natalka, user-id and 3 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

After spending most of the day yesterday insulating the ENTIRE basement with DH, I just made 2 big meatloafs and warmed through the leftover taters from the bbq day

Tonight....???? No idea
    Last edited by harbie; Mon, Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DFiancé is on BBQ chicken duty tonight with corn on the cob and maybe a side salad.
    I run after work before I come home for dinner and I love coming home to a yummy meal on the table
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Last night I made corned beef with cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and onions. Tonight will be ML flattened chicken with baked beans.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I am having a hard time deciding what's for dinner tonight. I put out chicken for the BBQ but as dinner time is slowly approaching I feel less and less like having chicken...so I just might settle for making spaghetti and garlic bread with cheese.

Thread Information