User Tag List

Page 2342 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 1342 1842 2242 2292 2332 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2352 2392 2442 ... LastLast
Results 35,116 to 35,130 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Funny you say that. We wanted crispy chicken for a change and picked up some shake and bake. I was to cheap to buy the "extra" crispy lol. Don't think we've had it for about 5 years. Just waiting for sweet potatoes and it's time to dig in
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    We are also doing chicken wings but a new recipe we found that is baked in the oven and they say they come out really crispy
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

homemade pizzas for me and my hubby; we bought suraj garlic naans from rcss, toast them in the oven then put tomato sauce, shredded cheese, pepperoni and chorizo then bake again until crispy. A pepsi for me.

beef and tomato cheese sauce pasta for the kids

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We're going to try making Rachel Ray corned beef in a dutch oven. We'll also do roasted carrots, potatoes, onions and brussel sprouts. We've boiled it before and it was good as well.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lamb tikka masala and dosa.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Homemade Chicken Fingers with Homemade Mac & Cheese and some sort of veggie
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thawing 4 large chx lg quarters and a box of Sobeys Easy Meal Asian Chicken drumsticks. Will Air fry the leg quarters, the drumsticks are a " boiled in the bag " item. There is always way too much sauce in these Easy Meal kits, so we'll slather the extra on the crispy outside skin of the leg quarters when they're done. Salad ( coleslaw actually ) for our side.

Name:  Sobeys asian chx.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  65.9 KB
    SnowFlakey, crafter, KelJo and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Lamb tikka masala and dosa.
    @lizzie bargain do you make these from scratch if so please share your recipe TIA

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This particular one I didn't-I bought a a jar of PC tikka masala cooking sauce from No Frills for 2.97 and I thought it turned out very well. I added a few things like garlic and onion and at the end I put in a little lemon juice and sprinkled some fresh cilantro leaves on top-honestly I was very pleased-tasted like restaurant quality to me. I used 4 NZ lamb chops but you could use chicken or chick peas or whatever you prefer. I also added some mini potatoes and cauliflower and frozen peas to mine-there was lots of sauce if you prefer to serve over rice.

Oh and the dosa batter I buy at the Indian store but you can make it from lentils and rice and then it sits a bit and ferments. I have not perfected the thin crispy dosa yet-mine are thicker but they still taste good. When DH and I both volunteered in South India in our much younger years dosa and chutneys or iddly ( using the same batter but steamed in little cakes instead of cooked into thin pancakes) was a very popular breakfast. We used to go down to the outdoor corner iddly stand for breakfast-which probably cost a whopping 20 cents back then-oh those were the days!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Nov 14th, 2020 at 07:15 PM.
    SnowFlakey, crafter, KelJo and 2 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

My daughter's friend works for Olymel and once a month they get a flyer with sales. One of the items this month is subways grilled chicken pieces. I got her to order me a box (4kilos) and got it today. So for tonights dinner, we had our version of Subways Grilled Chicken. Super Super good.
    walkonby, crafter, KelJo and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Football Sunday munchie day..nothing planned will have to look through the freezer...out with a major migraine yesterday, still feeling loopy from the pills that didn't work..a big feed of take out chinese would definitely hit the spot- TBD!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Plans are for roasted lamb chops on a bed of grilled veg with couscous on the side. Oh and a beverage, yet to be determined!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    ...a big feed of take out chinese would definitely hit the spot- TBD!!
    That has my vote! 😋
    SnowFlakey, KelJo and Thatdone like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel Better Keljo

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    Football Sunday munchie day..nothing planned will have to look through the freezer...out with a major migraine yesterday, still feeling loopy from the pills that didn't work..a big feed of take out chinese would definitely hit the spot- TBD!!
    SnowFlakey, KelJo and Thatdone like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    This particular one I didn't-I bought a a jar of PC tikka masala cooking sauce from No Frills for 2.97 and I thought it turned out very well. I added a few things like garlic and onion and at the end I put in a little lemon juice and sprinkled some fresh cilantro leaves on top-honestly I was very pleased-tasted like restaurant quality to me. I used 4 NZ lamb chops but you could use chicken or chick peas or whatever you prefer. I also added some mini potatoes and cauliflower and frozen peas to mine-there was lots of sauce if you prefer to serve over rice.

Oh and the dosa batter I buy at the Indian store but you can make it from lentils and rice and then it sits a bit and ferments. I have not perfected the thin crispy dosa yet-mine are thicker but they still taste good. When DH and I both volunteered in South India in our much younger years dosa and chutneys or iddly ( using the same batter but steamed in little cakes instead of cooked into thin pancakes) was a very popular breakfast. We used to go down to the outdoor corner iddly stand for breakfast-which probably cost a whopping 20 cents back then-oh those were the days!
    Thanks @lizzie bargain I have never have Tikka masala before. I will try it because I am a big fan of lamb.we usually make a curry West Indian style and burgers

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hubby found a ham in the freezer from January, so thats what im making tonight with green beans, carrots and potatoes in fried bread crumbs and a salad.
    KelJo, SassyAshley and Thatdone like this.

Thread Information