User Tag List

Page 3 of 2552 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast
Like Tree169176Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

oh, never thought of making rice with it, now that you mentioned it, think i will...Jasmine rice...will go good with the flavors.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    oh, never thought of making rice with it, now that you mentioned it, think i will...Jasmine rice...will go good with the flavors.
    oh yeah for sure ... serve it right on top (or the side i supppppose lol)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Do you ever wake up not knowing what the heck you're going to make, and wish your DH would make something good for once, and take a turn at cooking??I guess I complained once too many times about this on Monday, and my DH went out and bought a beautiful white spring salmon and a cedar plank, and fresh fingerling potatoes and asparagus (and can you beleive he even bought organic,lol) and made me the most DELICIOUS ever cedar plank smoked salmon dinner....I was floored when I got home from work, he even had wine chilling...I asked him what posessed him, and he said he had been watching the food network out of boredom and saw some former football player (Matt Dunnigan) bbq-ing this, and said it inspired him to try it..LOL.
    Well after 7 years, I have to say that was THE best dinner he's ever cooked, and he said it really was the easiest thing he's ever made..
    Woot! Woot! to Foodnetwork...!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

wow that rocks!!
    my DH is a FANTASTIC cook too ... sounds exactly like something he'd make. Doesn't cook that often, but when he does I'm in heaven! Lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All my boyfriend can cook is spaghetti + ground beef ("mince") + canned sauce and ramen.

Though I DID teach him how to use the coffee machine, I haven't yet figured out how to get him to wake up earlier than me.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Lol
    sv08146 likes this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

My DH is a certified cook, but hardly ever does any of the cooking. I'm at home full time right now, so I didn't think it fair to ask him to cook when he gets home lol. Turns out I do know how to cook, but I just don't like doing it.

It always tastes better when someone else cooks
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lightsandsirens .... that's just incredible! You should send a testimony to the food network!
    My husband 'can' cook, but it's really painful... he does one food item at a time - thinks it out, takes breaks, does a bit, thinks.. it takes forever. Makes the meat, then the potatoes. And that's it. Never a thought to something green! He was a cook when he was in the army, so maybe that has something to do with it, lol!
    However, he makes the best schnitzel known to mankind, so I push him into doing that every few months - and I make the sides.
    He's somewhat of a baker though, came from being close to the tail end of 11 kids and he had to help his mom a lot. And he uses no recipes - bread, and specialty Ukrainian Easter breads, fancy cookie-things, homemade cheese for Easter, etc. But frankly he simply doesn't have the time usually. I've learned a few of the more common dishes from his home country and he says they taste just the same as his (high praise!), so that's all good.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Easy tonight, Delissio for the kids and grilled cheese(extra sharp swiss) for the rest of us.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I made pasta today. Yes, I MADE the pasta, and used my $2 yard sale pasta machine to crank out the spaghetti and fetuccini.

First time I've ever done it, and to be honest, I was fairly underwhelmed. Tasted like...pasta. The kind you buy in a box for .89, rather than the kind you work on for a couple of hours.

Maybe I'll get better with practice? Or maybe I just need a better recipe! Or maybe I should just try making ravioli!

Z

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I want to make tacos but I find that just tacos is not enough but I can never think of anything to make with it?

Do you know something easy to make and goes good with tacos because I have no clue LOL.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    I want to make tacos but I find that just tacos is not enough but I can never think of anything to make with it?

Do you know something easy to make and goes good with tacos because I have no clue LOL.
    You know what I did last time we had tacos. I got so fed up of those el cheapo presidents choice tacos shells being half broken in the package I got the big tostitos and did the tacos that way and I added a can of kidney beans to the meat mixture to make it heartier. So tostito layer then meat, cheese more tostitos, cheese sour cream and chopped chives and tomatoes on top. I just talked myself into making that tomorrow again. LOL and of course LOTS of napkins. We just sat around the plate and dug in.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love tacos on their own, Miss April, but you could always try 'traditional' sides like spanish rice or nachos / guacamole. A mexican restaurant here serves the refried beans as a side instead of in the taco.

When I make tacos I make so many different fillings for them I don't wanna THINK about making something else.
    (Let's see: Ground beef, shredded cheese, green pepper, red pepper, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, spanish rice, sour cream, refried beans.)

Sweet chimichangas for dessert maybe? Take flat tortillas and fill them with whatever (I like mashed banana and a bit of peanut butter, but fruit purees or even a bit of sweet cream cheese or cinnamon/sugar. Let your imagination and your leftovers dictate :3). Wet your fingers and moisten the edge of the tortilla and squish in half. Fry until golden and top with cinnamon and sugar.
    (I think you're actually supposed to roll them up, but every time I try that things goosh out the sides.)
    Last edited by Jacq; Fri, May 29th, 2009 at 07:49 PM.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

We had leftover lasangna, salad, and some garlic bread for dinner. Something easy because it was so nice out this afternoon that I wanted to spend some family time outside before dinner
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    You know what I did last time we had tacos. I got so fed up of those el cheapo presidents choice tacos shells being half broken in the package I got the big tostitos and did the tacos that way and I added a can of kidney beans to the meat mixture to make it heartier. So tostito layer then meat, cheese more tostitos, cheese sour cream and chopped chives and tomatoes on top. I just talked myself into making that tomorrow again. LOL and of course LOTS of napkins. We just sat around the plate and dug in.

Oh yumm!!! That's a really good idea, I'm soo going to try that.
    But I bought those silly little taco shells so I guess I'm stuck with normal ones for now

Page 3 of 2552 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast

Thread Information