User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: 2013 Christmas AA Club

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have no clue what we will be buying our LO. He will be 15.5months old at Christmas this year. He has everything that he needs. We are fortunate that our neighbour across the street has a baby boy who is 10 months older than our son, so she just keeps bringing things over all the time.

His favourite show is "Bo on the Go" on CBC, but there is no merchandise for that program. He also likes Winnie the Pooh some, but he already has various stuffed animals from the program. The sitter has a talking Whinnie the Pooh that he plays with.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have no clue what we will be buying our LO. He will be 15.5months old at Christmas this year. He has everything that he needs. We are fortunate that our neighbour across the street has a baby boy who is 10 months older than our son, so she just keeps bringing things over all the time.

His favourite show is "Bo on the Go" on CBC, but there is no merchandise for that program. He also likes Winnie the Pooh some, but he already has various stuffed animals from the program. The sitter has a talking Whinnie the Pooh that he plays with.
    Alexa is gettong some board books, wooden puzzle, maybe a backyardigans DVD for when we're at the cottage with no on demand. She doesn't really watch much tv....it's mostly in the morning so I can get ready lol

Same situation - she has everything she needs so I'll just get her a couple of developmental toys. She won't remember it anyway and doesn't really know about presents etc so I figure it's just for photo opps. Stocking stuffers are stumping me. I have a rubber duck for the bath and a toothbrush lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Alexa is gettong some board books, wooden puzzle, maybe a backyardigans DVD for when we're at the cottage with no on demand. She doesn't really watch much tv....it's mostly in the morning so I can get ready lol

Same situation - she has everything she needs so I'll just get her a couple of developmental toys. She won't remember it anyway and doesn't really know about presents etc so I figure it's just for photo opps. Stocking stuffers are stumping me. I have a rubber duck for the bath and a toothbrush lol

When my nephew was that age I put a sippy cup with a bathtub whale in it in his stocking and he was enthralled with getting that whale out of his cup and putting it back in. The cup ended up being his had to have cup for months.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im telling ya.. just wrap up empty boxes. you'll be entertained for HOURS.. you'll see
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    im telling ya.. just wrap up empty boxes. you'll be entertained for HOURS.. you'll see
    Lol - she had 3 gift bags yesterday with birthday gifts. Figures any other time she's all about ripping in to paper and stuff. Yesterday, she was much more interested in an apple lol. Figures.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Beauty gift packs are starting to hit the shelves. Saw a whole display in the Shoppers near my work. Prices are too high for me, but thought I'd give everyone a heads up that they're coming.
    PammieD likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

any news on someone hosting the Christmas Gift Exchange on SC this year?
    JadeAngel and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    any news on someone hosting the Christmas Gift Exchange on SC this year?
    You mean like the package train?

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    You mean like the package train?
    No she means the Official SC Gift Exchange. Secret Santa, SC style. If you are riding the train or on the exchange, you usually can't do the other.

c_mcarthur no word yet (that I know of). Holly ran it last year, not sure if she can/will this year with the health issues she has been having. Like you though, I have been eagerly awaiting news!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just hit the Christmas present jackpot today. Can't even breathe too deeply, I'm so. darn. excited.

I found this:

Name:  07806626-4cdf-403e-bffc-d1c92fe58aa2_1000.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  74.3 KB

On clearance at Target for (you are not going to believe this) THIRTY DOLLARS. Three-Zero. They retail anywhere from $100 to $160 usually. Brand new of course, $29.99.

I'm kind of still in shock. It's going to my boyfriend for his 'big' gift (how many big gifts can you give for $30?!!?). How am I going to keep my lips zipped about this until Christmas? Torture!

My mom bought ME one too because she couldn't believe it either and I've been wanting one for ages.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nobody in the holiday spirit yet? Feel like I'm talking to myself!

Had a great shopping day today. I found some great clearance deals and helped my mom shop for people too. We hit a jackpot of clearance at Shoppers.

Between me and my mom:

2 x Microsoft Explorer Touch mouse - Reg $49.99 at Shoppers, Sale $1.99!!!!
    2 x Maxell Qube hub (usb hub) - Reg $24.99 at Shoppers, sale $1.99! (might go get another tomorrow)
    1 x Maxell laptop mic - regular $9.99, sale 99c!
    1 x Ipad screen protector - Regular ?? sale $1.99!
    1 x Sonicare Airfloss - Reg 99.99, sale $29.99 plus 1500 bonus points! This was for me for Christmas from my mom, I wanted one but would NEVER EVER pay $100 for it!

Various other little items, camera case for 1.99, mini tripod for 1.99, clearasil for 1.97. All great stocking stuffer stuff for my sister.

Also found a cute minnie mouse tote for $1.99 for my auntie, we're supposed to go to disneyland after christmas so that'll just get her right in the spirit!

Oh, and if any of you got those scratch and sniff Scentsicles ads in your magazines last year and fell in love like I did, I found them here in Canada! They sell for $6 at Home Depot (my store only had Fir) or $15 at michaels (lots of scents, pine's the best!) regular price, but they're definitely going to end up on a good sale given they're seasonal items.

EDIT: Found a coupon for $10 off the sonicare! Went back and they gladly credited it to me! $19.99 for a Sonicare product! Wooo!
    Last edited by Chantel; Mon, Oct 28th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Angela273, toban, Granger and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am starting to put money away for gift card purchases. Great deals above!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been shopping for a few months now... will have to dig out my list of gifts bought so far with regular and sale pricing to come share tomorrow. Atlantic Superstore is my all time favorite spot for clearance deals for kids!
    thriftygranny likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    No she means the Official SC Gift Exchange. Secret Santa, SC style. If you are riding the train or on the exchange, you usually can't do the other.

c_mcarthur no word yet (that I know of). Holly ran it last year, not sure if she can/will this year with the health issues she has been having. Like you though, I have been eagerly awaiting news!!!
    I spoke with Holly, she'll be running it again this year
    JadeAngel and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone own one of those christmas light lightbulb testers? The LightKeeper Pro is what I saw at Home Depot over the weekend. The reviews seem phenomenal, but do they hold up after a few years? Work well with LEDs and outdoor lights?

I'm going to go looking for clearance after christmas because I can't justify $25 on one of those just yet!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information