User Tag List

Page 499 of 654 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

People really need to get over their obsession with Target. They're gone. They're not coming back. Get over it.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Sears.ca is brutal, no wonder they are going out of business.

Made an order July 16. Received a confirmation email. Amount was taken off my credit card. $40 got credited to my card a few days later. No mention of anything in an email if something was out of stock.

I ordered curtains, sheers and a curtain rod. From the math it appears the curtains are what is out of stock. Super, an empty rod is extremely useful.

I went on vacation last week, come home and there's no notice that a package was here, no emails sent.

Call to Customer Service #1 on Friday - I`m told they are waiting for a tracking number, it will be posted in 24-48 hours. Okay.

Call to Customer Service #2 on Monday - I`m told they are waiting for a tracking number, it will be posted in 24-48 hours.

Call Customer Service Today. - I`m told they are waiting for a tracking number, it will be posted in 24-48 hours.

WTH? No. I`m not calling back. Cancel my order " I can`t until I get this tracking number " This CS literally kept repeating himself over and over about this number. I`m getting annoyed. Ask to speak to somebody higher. "They will tell you the same, but okay" This person answered my calls all week, like do they only have one rep left over?

Manager comes on the phone and says they will cancel it. WONDERFUL, music to my ears.

Why do stores make me have to leave my house and shop for items
    macw1960 and Lyssia510 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've just had a bad couple of days. So, no shopping for me until next Tuesday or maybe Thursday.
    I had several length discussions with my parents before moving back home to save money. We agreed to some rules and boundaries. They really want me to save up for education and other expenses so I'm not paying rent and I still wanted to contribute so I offered to cook all weekend meals, dinner twice during weekdays and if I was home I'd make sure my younger siblings would eat lunch and be up my noon. I do (and pay for) all the grocery shopping, driving my siblings to summer school, their jobs and other misc errands because my hours are mostly flexible. This morning they sit me down and lecture me on how I don't have a "real job" (because my job doesn't involve being at an office/workplace all the time), how I sit around doing nothing all day, and arrive home way too late (once after 9PM this week because of commuting issues). #@$*($#%*$#( I tried to explain that just because I'm usually working from home that doesn't mean I am doing nothing and in fact I earn nearly as much as they do and that I've been helping out around the house. I asked them to suggest something else that they need me to do or if they'd like me to start paying rent or part of the utilities but they just continued to lecture me on how I've been so lazy since I moved back in and completely ignored everything I said before ending the conversation abruptly because they had an appointment to get to.
    Earlier this week while I was trying to get back home from the GTA my vehicle dies. After getting it towed (free-thanks to insurance company) and inspected there is no way to fix it without spending thousands and it isn't worth that much so I sign it off to be taken away. I managed to get home taking the greyhound and a local taxi but didn't get home until 2AM and after spending $50+ on transportation.

Yesterday, I had a great deal for SDM (12k WUS $50 + personal offers) and I decided to try the LTC buses. I am standing at the bus stop in front of the sign and the driver just drives by me. The next stop is 1km away and the bus doesn't come again for another 40 minutes so I decide to just walk in the sweltering heat. Get to SDM only to be told they can't sell SDM GC because of issues at the head office (miss out on those points) Ring in my purchase and I'm trying to bag it as the cashier scans because I don't want to hold up the giant queue that has suddenly appeared behind me. She misses scanning one milk (which means $4.27 free! yay!) but that also means I don't end up getting 20X on that milk or my 12k SDM points (value $10+). I didn't realize this until I got home and did call the store but the manager said that there was no way to prove that so if I wanted to come back in and pay for it they would have to refund my entire order and re-ring it through while a manager was there because I had bought grocery items. This would have meant repacking everything dragging it onto the bus using another ticket and return and repurchasing and then busing back home. It wasn't worth it to go back but I'm #$@# that she missed the item.

Today, I decided to purchase a couple of strawberries and smaller items in the hopes of getting an offer next week. Forgot my reusable bags as I was heading out the door, miss my bus going to the store by 30 seconds. The cashier wouldn't PM at first because they were organic and regular price was $6 something. She calls over a customer service rep who won't accept and has me load the online flyer which takes forever because cell service is really bad in store for some reason then goes back to her desk to call the manager who approves it. Then the cashier rings up the rest of my purchase reading the fine print for any other PMed items. (I understand that it is her job but I had to wait 15 minutes for 5 items). She enters the coupons after a snarky "really? you just PMed this" comment and buy a couple of bags (any one else realize that the store taxes the bags?) Missed out on a points offer because I'd PMed an item to $1.99 and the offer was for ever $2 spent (My fault but usually PC rounds up). Finally get out and get on the bus. The bus is empty except for these two guys at the back who are loudly discussing how they are going to $%^& someone at a party on the weekend and get so wasted, etc. Get home to find the rental car company dropped off a car after they had called me earlier in the morning to say nothing would be available and said they had to cancel the online reservation that I made. Spent over an hour dealing with them on the phone to get them to pick up the car and refund my reservation. Check my email to find my manager has forwarded an project to me that I had agreed to help out a coworker on (back in Feb) when they were struggling to find material. The deadline is this Sunday and my coworker has barely completed half of it. I won't get overtime on it because I am a contract worker but I need a new vehicle so I have to suck it up.

When it rains it really pours.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Well I reduce my couponing to 99% [Lysol-like effect] but really wanted mom to get me coupon for my hairy legs shaving cream that is jaw-dropping-saving worth. Since she does not coupon, I told here clearly that to grab one of each coupon from the board outside as I got work to do. Well guess what she could not find any coupons so she teared ALL the peelies on royale paper towel that were right there when you try to enter the store. WTF, mom! At least those coupons were expired on June 2016 [those $10 peelies on Royale] so I feel less guilty. BUT holy! Not sending her again or she will be known for 'wrong' reasons.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Upset, but not 100% sure if my rant is justified as it is impossible to find the correct information from the government...

I checked my bill from one of my recent shops and I was taxed on two of the products I bought that I had been lead to believe that was a tax exempt item. Simply Berry and Tropical Fruit Juices. From my experiences of shopping in the past, most, if not all juices have been exempt from tax that I have bought, but this one was taxed.

The closest information that goes into proper detail that I could find was from the Government of Manitoba, now, I know Manitoba is not Ontario, but it is a problem when there is almost nothing on full details of Ontario's HST law, but this one I found states that:

"Non-carbonated fruit juice beverages (including beverages reconstituted fromconcentrates) that contain 25 per cent or more by volume of natural fruit juice,when sold in quantities greater than a single serving or multiples thereof.", are exempt from tax. I would have thought beyond a doubt that the Simply Juices would contain AT LEAST 25% juice to them, but I don't know what to think.

It just upsets me that it is impossible to find the information I need to see if my rant is truly justified, or if I am completely wrong
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Simply is Coke's answer to PepsiCo's Tropicana. Both are supposed to be 100% juice. Both are by pop companies, both should be non-taxable.
    JadeAngel and macw1960 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Rubber-neckers holding up traffic

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Two weeks ago my oldest had a nose bleed at her dad's and he overreacted and took her to the hospital. Today I get a $45.00 ambulance bill, that her father expects me to pay because he couldn't handle a freaking nose bleed.
    macw1960, lecale, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Well, I'm glad your daughter is okay. Why wouldn't he have driven her?

You must be in ON, here an ambulance costs 300+, it's awful.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Stiff neck...anybody want it?
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Two weeks ago my oldest had a nose bleed at her dad's and he overreacted and took her to the hospital. Today I get a $45.00 ambulance bill, that her father expects me to pay because he couldn't handle a freaking nose bleed.
    Tell him he has to pay, because it's an ignorance tax.

lol reminds me of coming to my parents one day and finding my father there wringing his hands. "There's a bat, there's a bat!" So I went and got a tea towel and got the bat and put it outside, and then went downstairs to see my mother (because my parents don't speak to each other and live in separate parts of a rambling home) and said hi and mentioned, "you know Dad had a bat up there?" She glared at me and said "I KNOW". And she's not scared of a bat for a second.

Some men won't admit it, but they prefer to see the women up to bat.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ Well, I'm glad your daughter is okay. Why wouldn't he have driven her?

You must be in ON, here an ambulance costs 300+, it's awful.
    No clue. He doesn't drive but his wife was there and she does. My dd frequently has nose bleeds when it's hot out and she gets dehydrated. They said they took her because she was puking up blood(from them tilting her head back to try and stop the bleeding). Basically just a huge over reaction on their end(although I guess if you aren't used to them they can be scary but still it's just a nose bleed).
    Natalka, macw1960, Candini and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    No clue. He doesn't drive but his wife was there and she does. My dd frequently has nose bleeds when it's hot out and she gets dehydrated. They said they took her because she was puking up blood(from them tilting her head back to try and stop the bleeding). Basically just a huge over reaction on their end(although I guess if you aren't used to them they can be scary but still it's just a nose bleed).
    Give them the number of your provincial Nurseline. Next time there is a health issue they have to deal with, the nurse can talk them through it. Most times there is no need for medical attention for a nosebleed.

Your daughter could also regularly apply vaseline just inside the nose to keep the mucosa moist and prevent cracking and bleeding.
    macw1960, Lyssia510 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I haven`t been to the dentist in at least 3 years, not because I can`t afford it, because I`m freaking terrified of mine.

She's this little Filipino lady who did a root canal on me years ago and I bawled like a baby because I felt everything and she always tells me I don`t need freezing for cavities because "I`m such a brave girl!"

She's psychotic. I`m traumatized. Oh and I`m pretty sure I have a cavity burning in the back of my mouth, hence this rant....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I haven`t been to the dentist in at least 3 years, not because I can`t afford it, because I`m freaking terrified of mine.

She's this little Filipino lady who did a root canal on me years ago and I bawled like a baby because I felt everything and she always tells me I don`t need freezing for cavities because "I`m such a brave girl!"

She's psychotic. I`m traumatized. Oh and I`m pretty sure I have a cavity burning in the back of my mouth, hence this rant....
    That's crazy. Is she the only game in town? If not, go to a new dentist - there is no rule that says you have to stay with her if you don't like her.
    barbis9, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Thread Information