User Tag List

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Jumping July Savings
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

subscribing
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thrifty Granny-hope your son feels better soon! We are just having a chill day today-DH and DD are still asleep and I woke up early after a fitful night. We have searched everywhere for that retainer and no sign of it so I think we will get the new one tomorrow-at least we have the funds so I should not complain! Of course I can think of more fun things to spend my money on but she has had it 4.5 years and has not lost it-I really think she did sleep walk and put it somewhere obscure. Given our apt is tomorrow a.m. before her work we will likely stumble across it accidentally in the afternoon! Happy Canada Day everyone!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Subscribing. Happy Birthday Canada!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope you all enjoy the holiday!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Off work today yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except my body now thinks it is the weekend so I have feeling tomorrow might be a little bit rough.

Busy morning here so far, I have both dehydrators going (pulled out my mom's old one from when they first came out scrubbed it clean as it was living at my nanny's for a couple years in a box and than in our basement in a box). In the old dehydrator I have ginger (3 trays) and onions (4 trays), in the new dehydrator I have mushrooms (2 trays) and cherries (3 trays). Last night me and mom prepped as much as we could so as soon as I got up today I could put it on the trays and get the dehydrators going. We sliced the ginger, sliced the mushrooms and pitted the cherries. So this morning I just had to do the onions and slice the cherries (decided to slice them so they will dry faster).

I still have a lot to dehydrate but that will have to wait, I am really hoping to find snacks for both me and mom that are not pre packaged. I still want to try watermelon and make apple and bagel chips.

Going to have some breakfast and than I might try to tackle our stand up freezer it desperately needs to be cleaned out and organized, hoping I can talk mom into helping me, but right now she is still in bed.

I cannot wait for this heat to break, I broke down last night and put the air conditioner in my room. I so badly want to bake but there is no way we can turn the oven on. Wonder if I can find recipes I can make in the toaster oven, will have to look this up. But none the less the heat is supposed to break on Thursday so I am hoping to come home after work and bake and put it in the freezer for later use.

Hope everyone has a great Canada Day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thrifty hope your son has a quick and speedy recovery with no surgery needed.

Lizzie I had a retainer when I was younger and left it in a restaurant in Quebec our poor waiter actually went and found it in the garbage for us, I was only like 5 at the time. I think my mom was ecstatic when they said I was done with my final retainer, over the years I had at least 5, so important yet for anyone who had one oh the stories that come with having them, misplacing them, I had one snap due to the pressure, and of course being younger and having them just getting me to keep it in, I quickly learned how to dislodge it with my tongue and my mom would catch me popping it in and out not wearing it.

Nancy great finds
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Ashley jealous of your dehydrator, how are they on hydro I`ve been wanting 1 to make beef jerky but have put it off because afraid of the increase in hydro.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ thrifty, poor guy hope he doesn't need surgery but if it makes the healing process better then that's the way the doctors will decided. As you often here of injuries that are not properly corrected that cause so much grief later in years.

My eldest only has 1 gear also which is high speed (lol) so I can totally relate, sending you all positive thoughts & prayers.

I agree you wonder what the world is coming to when people are gawkers (which is illegal) and pass by when someone is in crisis/injured.

When I was 7 months pregnant in the month of January years ago and had my 2 year old in the back seat and in a ditch higher than my SUV people slowed down but no one ever stopped and that still erks me for god sakes it could have made the difference between life and death in some cases luckily not ours, we are rural and well I had to carry my 2 year old to the next house as he was distraught which was natural given the cirumstances.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Jul 1st, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have not noticed an increase of Hydro yet. Me and Mom talked about it and decided it was the better option for us as it is this or the oven which definitely takes more Hydro not to mention having no AC on the main floor means the oven rarely gets turned on in July and August.

I am going to wait and week and than compare out Hydro rates, but I really so not see it making a huge difference or atleast I hope it doesn't.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh all. its July.. wow.
    Happy Canada day all.
    well much planned for today. whether it all gets done.. time will tell.
    dh came up with a great idea. empty our freezer.. take pictures of everything put in computer. then as things are eaten i remove from list.

sons room for painting and stair rails on agenda. plus hoping time to start/maybe finish dh's birthday gift.

its nice out after a good rain very refreshing..windows are open.
    well thats it for now.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am impressed at all the energy some of you put into organizing freezers, dehydrating and I know some people also can. I admire you all and it is great if it saves money and tastes better! I am lazy and also we dont have a deep freeze or dehydrater-so when I see a good sale I just stock up on as much as will fit in my fridge or top freezer and I find that it is lots for the 3 of us and as much as I want to keep track of!! Of course admittedly I am not working and can go to the grocery store more than once a week if I choose-which reminds me we go on summer vacation July 12 so I better not buy too much before we leave.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
    Ashley I love my dehydrator, I use it mostly for jerkey and herbs but really need to try some fruit and vegetables, was thinking of making some dehydrated soup mixes. Last year my son made dehydrated meals like spaghetti for back packing, we thought it was worth a try rather than pay 13.00 plus for the dehydrated meals you buy at the camping stores.It worked really well and he loved them.
    Quiet day here, my husband took the injured kid camping and fishing to take his mind off what he is missing out on this summer.Being in a boat with crutches and an air cast will be a bit difficult but they are going to give it a try!
    Have a wonderful day everyone!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

woohoo my stairs are done. WOW amazing what a simple coat of paint will do. not only did it make my stairs look brand new. i did my sons door frames as well. looks 100% better.
    im exhausted. time for lunch. then on to lunch and well hmm?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information