User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: CBC Scandal Jian Ghomeshi (Q host) Fired ... ???

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by IthinkIcan View Post
    His legal team..... one narcissist too many

Where did you find this photo? I'm just curious to know because this looks like a freaking promo shot for some show like Law and Order. Ridiculous.
    abbasgirl and IthinkIcan like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I do feel badly that she is now a widow however I am just wondering what kind of relationship they had growing up for him to have chosen to act out on women this way in his adult life??
    Jerks and a$$holes don't need an excuse to act abusively. The relationship between him and either of his parents or indeed between his parents have nothing to do with how an adult male or female conducts their life.

I find it annoying when parents start to point fingers at other parents when an adult child commits an illegal or immoral action, as though we are responsible for them at all times from birth until they die, our death just being another cudgel to wield against an innocent person.
    madchives and Lynn49 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Darth I am not pointing a finger or " blaming " the parents for what he did as an adult. I am just curious about his upbringing because he seems to have developed these habits ( tastes for rough sex, not to mention his complete lack of respect for women period ) from somewhere. For this man to profess his deep love ( and I would assume respect as well ) for his father in one of his FB posts and then turn around and be living his life with this desire in him to harm women in order to achieve sexual climax is very strange to me, that's all.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

It's not the mother's fault certainly but generally, our first relation with a woman is with our mom.
    Our mom is the first female you feel love for. She is our first role model.
    We probably model our relationships according to that first relationship with our mothers and with the relationship our parents had. They say men look for women with characteristics their mom had.
    I can't help wonder about how Jian and his mother interacted, although it may have nothing to do with his attraction to the S&M lifestyle.
    Perhaps that has more to do with growing up a Iranian in Thornhill. He wrote a book about that.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    Where did you find this photo? I'm just curious to know because this looks like a freaking promo shot for some show like Law and Order. Ridiculous.
    It showed up on my Twitter feed, it's taken from the actual legal firm's website.....needless to say there was plenty of sneering and jeering on Twitter
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    It's not the mother's fault certainly but generally, our first relation with a woman is with our mom.
    We probably model our relationships according to that first relationship with our mothers and with the relationship our parents had. They say men look for women with characteristics their mom had.
    I can't help wonder about how Jian and his mother interacted, although it may have nothing to do with his attraction to the S&M lifestyle.
    Perhaps that has more to do with growing up a Iranian in Thornhill. He wrote a book about that.
    Thornhill, York Univ. , all of those are HOME for us, this is one person we are definitely not proud to have. His band's song "king of Spain" has memories of my kids childhood associated with it. On the other hand, the Pandora's box that he unintentionally opened is taking on a life of its own, claiming the likes of other perverts who used their fame. So, something good is surely coming out of this.
    SharonMe likes this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    thank you SharonMe, those were the words I was looking for.

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by IthinkIcan View Post
    It showed up on my Twitter feed, it's taken from the actual legal firm's website.....needless to say there was plenty of sneering and jeering on Twitter
    Sneering and jeering is definitely warranted. I showed that pic to a friend and he asked what HBO show it was from. When I told him it was from an actual law firm he almost died laughing.
    ROMEO and IthinkIcan like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sad sort of that he was a great interviewer - that would be
    a very terrible person who thought thumping a person's head
    was some sort of lead into a consensual sexual event.
    his parents i would think had nothing to do with this, just
    as mine had nothing to do with me being gay.
    feeling very sorry for his mom, can't imagine,,,, how
    would one deal with this?
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

madchives, I know people who didn't listen to him on Q all the time wouldn't know or understand, but I absolutely loved his show. I listened to it every night before I went to sleep - and his opening essays were legendary, let alone how good of an interviewer he was, and how well prepped he was.
    I miss the show - I listen now and then with the new/rotating hosts, but it's not the same...

The Unmaking of Jian Ghomeshi - the fifth estate

I was actually surprized at how candid and hardhitting the interviews/questions actually were.

Watching CBC online is very slow on my puter, so I watched it on YT

madchives, ROMEO, lecale and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    madchives, I know people who didn't listen to him on Q all the time wouldn't know or understand, but I absolutely loved his show. I listened to it every night before I went to sleep - and his opening essays were legendary, let alone how good of an interviewer he was, and how well prepped he was.
    I miss the show - I listen now and then with the new/rotating hosts, but it's not the same...
    I had never heard of Jian Ghomeshi before this scandal, but I'm going through similar emotions with the Bill Cosby allegations. I grew up watching the Cosby show! If it wasn't for the dialogue that went on after women came forward to accuse Ghomeshi, I would probably be inclined to ignore what women are saying about Cosby. I had no idea before this came out that the number of women who report sexual assaults is so low.
    madchives, Natalka, ROMEO and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Yes, I feel the same about Cosby, too.
    madchives and ROMEO like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

in case anyone would like to see the fifth estate show on ghomeshi.
    http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2619940777/

gives an idea on how shaking my head something like this can go
    on,,,
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

awful to say, but the ghomeshi attacks on women, has
    created the beginning of women coming forward.

so many have hid, tried to pretend 'it' didn't happen, and yet
    wake up everyday knowing it did.
    maybe being able to talk (if they can) will give them some peace.
    Last edited by madchives; Sun, Nov 30th, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
    abbasgirl, ROMEO, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

http://www.680news.com/2015/01/05/cb...ve-of-absence/
    CBC executives involved with Jian Ghomeshi investigation put on leave of absence
    ROMEO, lecale and walkonby like this.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information