User Tag List

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to Superstore on my lunch since we needed bread so picked up 3 delissio pizzas for the freezer (my teen likes them and its cheaper then take out) croissants, hamburger buns (we have chicken burgers and home made beef/pork patties in the freezer so figure good to grab to save us this week/weekend for a quick meal) a re-useable water bottle for my teen (he uses it at home and saves tons of cups being used) rice crackers x 3 and something else. Used $20 in PC pts and paid $2 on my M/C. Have $38 in pc pts left on that card and $300 on my PC MC. I think my plan is to hoard my pts on my PC MC and save them for down the road but use the ones on my point card.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

If you order take out and pick up at the restaurant do you tip?
    No, definitely not when we pick up, to me that just makes no sense. Some of the restaurants we get food from give 10% off for pickup, so that's usually why we do that.

Best wishes to your young man!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

If you order take out and pick up at the restaurant do you tip?
    I tip when its delivered or when i eat in not when i pick up an leaveto eat.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I don't tip for pick up either.

So glad the mouse was caught. These oven drawer mice. Hope you are in the clear now like we have been...
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-no we don't tip on pick up

-ohh tired glad to have 2 days off fro watching "ashlyn" that doesn't sound good but i love her to pieces but its tiring
    -she Is so excited when I pick her up out of her crib at 7.15 this morning-she yells nana-nana nana then offers me a kiss
    she sleep 2 hours this afternoon-I I shovel my sons small driveway before it rained -to help them out
    -my goal the next 2 days relax -go over to shopprs to get milk and gas too at the station in the same plaza

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

re: Budgets
    I don't have a set budget each month. After the essential bills are paid (housing costs, phone, etc), the rest goes into a slush fund for food, fun, etc. Groceries tend to go on the CC, some months I spend a bit more, some a bit less, it evens out in the end. Sometimes I have extra $ and that goes into a piggy bank for future fun times.

re: Internet, cable, phone
    I switched last summer to Teksavvy for internet - I had been with Bell, but kept losing the signal. Until recently, my only options were Bell or Rogers, & I hate Rogers more than Bell (they double & triple billed me in the past). I also had had Bell Fibe, same deal, kept losing the signal while watching tv, so cancelled it altogether. I still have Bell for the landline - because I have so many health issues, I need a reliable phone & since Bell is the only one that worked during the big blackout, I'll pay the exorbitant fees.

re: Tipping
    I tip according to the service. No service with take-out, so never tip then. 15-20% in restaurants, depending on the level of service (once left no tip when the waiter was a twit). 10% for delivery, depending on how quickly the order arrives.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was contacted by 3 different schools today to book 3.4 different days. I was able to accept 2.4days and they are all in town.

I got the 10% off groceries at Sobeys, but the teller messed up so I was unable to redeem any of my Air Miles. It was frustrating because then I had to pay out of pocket. I guess I will be redeeming various smaller amounts instead, since the AM value doesn't change. I just won my 3rd free coffee in the Tim's online contest. I don't drink the stuff, by dh and friends do.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Extreme cold warning here with a -42 windchill this morning.

Really can't wait til I can get back under the covers; 2:30 a.m. was too early!

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Going to have to actually buckle down and do some chores around here. It's a bit icy in my neighbourhood, so better to stay off the streets (unless I have a steady dog to lean on & she's been barred from the local stores for kissing everyone in sight ). Yesterday turned into a play with the critters and cater to their every whim kinda day (well, who can resist such happy faces?). In my defence, I didn't want to get into anything, cause I was playing keeper of the key, in case my neighbour's delivery person showed up (bailed last week without notice, neighbour was not a happy camper).

Better go give the brats a treat or 2 for being cute. They still have to work for the treats, but the older they get, the more freely the treats flow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning everyone. A snowy day here but the buses were running so school is on! I put away most of the laundry last night. I put a load on too because DS wanted a special uniform top. kids! So hung it to dry over night and just popped it in the dryer this morning to get the wrinkles out. Hung the rest of the load to dry this morning and will toss in dryer tonight for 10 mins and then put it right away.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight- Pork/beef burgers. Pulled them from the freezer this morning. Will make perogies and ceaser salad to go with it. Get everyone to clean out school bags, wash lunch bag stuff and then put little DS in the tub. finish laundry and then snuggle on the couch at 8 for Survivor.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Something woke me up at 3 am, sounded like someone was in our back yard like the sound of footsteps on crunchy snow. One of the dogs was going crazy and my other one is deaf so she slept through it!! Anyway the dog barking must have deterred them because I didn't hear anything else but had a tough time getting back to sleep, I am not a nervous person at all but I just couldn't settle back to sleep. Going to go back for a nap this morning so I can get some motivation!!! I didn't completely finish the pantry yesterday so that is priority and will make my daughter's belated birthday cake this afternoon and pop it in the freezer to make icing it easier on the weekend!! Haven't bought any groceries except for the free beans this week so my budget is looking great for the week, will need milk and I have a great Shoppers coupon for 2.75 for any 4 liters of milk so Shoppers it is later this afternoon!
    Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, husband hadn't gone into work this morning, because with a -42 windchill he wasn't going to work outside - which was the only work available.
    However he just got called at 10 to go do some trouble shooting, so he's heading out.

Bummer - not just for the cold weather reasons - he was in the midst of fixing our water heater! Grr....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Natalka you guys have sure had a rough winter with extreme cold, home it warms up for you soon!!Sorry you two could have a snow/cold day together!!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Laundry drying outside today! Lots of activity in our neighbourhood with this beautiful sunshine we're having

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information