User Tag List

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Dinner today will be burgers and greek salad. I ended up finding one last 2lb tube of ground beef in the freezer so DH and I mixed up 2lbs of ground beef with 2lbs of ground pork along with fresh bread crumbs (I save bread ends in the freezer for making "free" bread crumbs and croutons ), seasonings and 2 eggs. It made about 17 5oz burgers. We're going to bbq all the burgers and then freeze the rest. I'll try making just pork ones next time.

Burgers work out to be $0.70 each (both the ground beef and ground pork were $2.99/lb). We'll each eat 1 and the kids will split 1
    2 buns (I won't have one) @ 12.5 cents each (bought 8pk on the 50% off rack)
    Greek Salad is same as before so $3.35

Total meal cost: $5.70

I don't like to pay more than $1.99/lb for meat but as we all know it's getting harder and harder to find meat for that price
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 01:03 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

After looking on Mark's workware house site for their 10% off coupon, I discovered that starting tomorrow everything in the store and online which is regular price or sale price is on sale for 20% to 40% off, so it was worth me looking online as we will be getting dh his new boots tomorrow instead of today

We also will be picking up a free de-humidifier that was posted on local facebook page tomorrow as well. We borrowed the inlaws all winter but hopefully this 2nd hand one works great and will give us our independence

And also will send out 2 faxes to dh & 1 of mine's payroll, they would accept our new bank information over the phone, oh well.

I will be venturing out my FIL tomorrow to NF to pick up the pork 1/2 loins that are on sale at $2lbs, there are many great deals this week in the flyer plus it will save us driving their BUT I will treat FIL to a coffee as a thank you
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yippee when I took brother to freshco -i price matched pork loin chops and a pork loin to forinos 1.99 a pound It ends today

(1 pkg of 3 nice size pork loin chops 7.00 p.m forinos 1.99=1.93 i paid
    (1)small pork loin 8.69-I paid 2.32(should have bought a few more but wasnt thinking was knocked off my game plan helping my brother and his wife shop-they both cant see well)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LO is currently eating his lunch and then he will go down for a nap.

My dental cleaning was ok. It cost me $197 for the appointment. Dh will be reimbursed 85% of this. I got some free stuff, as usual.
    I ordered special ties for dh and his friends, they will reimburse me once they arrive. Fueled my truck since I am teaching 1/2hr away tomorrow. Stopped by WM with LO to pick up a few things. I bought him a 10pk of socks. I was charged $8.47, even though it was clearly marked as $8 for the pack. Customer service was going to give me back the 47c, until I told them SCOP. I got my money back and they spent the time to correct the price in the system before I was allowed to leave. FREE socks for LO. Dropped by a Catholic school to drop off the $60gc donation that I had gotten from a local salon, which will be used at their bingo. The bingo is an early fundraiser for the school, since they are holding the Mini Relay for Life this year. I also stopped by Sobeys to get 2 more 4L jugs of milk, 1L free chocolate milk, and another pack of free Oreos. LO ate his free cookie from the bakery. That about sums up my morning.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 03:56 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I cant wait to go to kelseys -I got dressed up in my little black knit dress(bought at zellers for 10.00-yeas ago will never go out of style with a loose chain that was my mom's I even curled hair-can you tell i hardly go out-i feel so pretty
    -well didn't get much done today cleaning wise
    -had to call Philips cause hubby's electric shaver sounded like a train -lol -they told m to take it back to shoppers cause I have only had It 6 days-well shoppers doesn't usualy take back opened items but i had told them the girls from philps so the exchanged it thankgoodness or I would have lost my points and the sale and redemption s tha took up abit of my morning then took brother and his wife shopping
    managed to put garbage out and do a load of laundry

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    Good news is I got the TV fixed took me about 15 minutes but was able to get some ideas on the internet and did not need to call Rogers, Little frustrating but fixed which makes me happy.

Dinner ended up being Pot Roast Stew, so thought the TV was going to take so much longer so I took it out and tossed in the oven. A little bit disappointed as I really did not want this but figured I wouldn't have time to cook so it was the best quick meal I could find. Wishing I had of waited and could have made something different but oh well it is dinner.

Looks like tonight is going to be full of work have quite a few things to try to get done before I leave next week. Plus it is month end which means all packing slip and credit issues must be resolved. So I will work on this tonight so I can hand into invoicing in the morning.

Have a great evening everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I cant wait to go to kelseys -I got dressed up in my little black knit dress(bought at zellers for 10.00-yeas ago will never go out of style with a loose chain that was my mom's I even curled hair-can you tell i hardly go out-i feel so pretty
    -well didn't get much done today cleaning wise
    -had to call Philips cause hubby's electric shaver sounded like a train -lol -they told m to take it back to shoppers cause I have only had It 6 days-well shoppers doesn't usualy take back opened items but i had told them the girls from philps so the exchanged it thankgoodness or I would have lost my points and the sale and redemption s tha took up abit of my morning then took brother and his wife shopping
    managed to put garbage out and do a load of laundry
    I hope you enjoy your evening, I love dressing up to go out.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I can't tell you how much reading this put a big SMILE on my face! I love confidence, that's so very cool!

Enjoy your time out!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Posted some new items for sale on local fb group, hopefully they move quickly.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-thanks for the nice comments ladies - i did enjoy going out -we paid for it and sister-in-law tapped me on the shoulder as to say you shouldnt -but we appreciate the help they are giving us(anyway saved 16.97 from the coupon and i didnt have an alcoholic drink -my gum was killing me just took at 6.00 half a tylenol 3
    -babysit in the morning

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh everyone. life is a rolling.
    its a gonna be a busy month.. elected to a new position where i am.. many challenges ahead.
    need to renew my license on Tuesday complete with new picture. thats. i got my new glasses so im quite happy.
    off to a sale tomorrow to pick up some cheap 'working' clothes. i'd like to be prepared so when the time comes im not running around with nothing to wear.

been crocheting as well. tried a new stitch tonite.. called the crocodile one. google that sucker. wow.

anyway. see you all on the flip side in May.. yahoo!!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My neighbour gave me an old style (heavy) crib mattress today. Nice surprise. We're probably going to replace a different crib mattress before the twins need both cribs.

I was fortunate to look at my phone and realize that dh had agreed to attend a volunteer appreciation night. We had both forgotten about it. It was a free evening out to socialize as a family, with a small group of other families and adults from our community. They had nice snacks and LO had a blast. He's just chilling a little and then he is going to bed, late. I teach out of town tomorrow, so I have to be up a little earlier than usual. Dh is taking LO to daycare, so that will save me some time/energy in the morning. I am teaching a 1/2 split class that I have taught before. I am going to be pooped by the end of the day. Good thing it will be Friday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Thread Information