User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: TLC cancels "19 Kids and Counting

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    It's starting to look like 2 different accounts, including 1 with a $250 guarented affair payment.

And an OKCupid account.
    with the Duggars, does Josh wife forgive him and forge ahead? he has hurt so many with this selfish action.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Poor Jessa's "bittersweet, no publicity" pregnancy

This is not the way Jessa (Duggar) Seewald envisioned her first pregnancy.

The mom-to-be, 22, is thrilled to be expecting her first child with husband Ben. Due Nov. 1 – also her first wedding anniversary – the 19 Kids and Counting star had been looking forward to sharing her nine-month journey and birth story on TLC in much the same way her big sister Jill (Duggar) Dillard chronicled the arrival of her now-4-month-old son Israel.

But everything changed in mid-May, when her older brother Josh's 2006 molestation scandal was exposed and both Jill and Jessa revealed they had been among his victims. (Josh apologized for acting "inexcusably," and the sisters publicly expressed their forgiveness.)

"It is now bittersweet, because it's not lost on [Jessa] that Jill giving birth to Israel got an entire TLC special devoted to it," a source who has worked closely with the family tells PEOPLE in this week's cover story.

"Jessa would have liked to have had the same sort of platform to give thanks, show what a miracle she feels her child is and express her gratitude," the source continues. But with the cancellation of 19 Kids in May, "the show isn't there to chronicle this happy time, and even though she's posting on social media, the scandal still gets brought up by commenters. So much has changed for Jessa compared to what Jill experienced, and it can't be changed back. And that's sad for her."

Both Jessa and Jill, 24, will return to TLC on Aug. 30 for a special that aims to raise awareness of child sexual abuse. The special, which tells the stories of a variety of survivors, will run in partnership with abuse-prevention organizations RAINN and Darkness to Light.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    with the Duggars, does Josh wife forgive him and forge ahead? he has hurt so many with this selfish action.
    IIRC, in these rather highly religiously conservative families, you have to forgive otherwise you are "bitter" and can't go forward as Christians in God's grace.

Also these families tend to only accept divorce if one partner has been unfaithful to thier spouse.So Anna has the grounds for divorce but she has little to no skills as she was brought up to bear children, run a home and home-school her off-spring. so I don't think she will be able to support herself and their 4 children.

Josh currrently has no job and I doubt if any religous or political organisation who may have been hoping to trade on the Duggar brand is likely to employ him at this time. IN the future, when he has repented publically enough for all his mis-ddeds ..there may be a future in peddling his story as an example of how easy it is to fall and and "forgiveness" helped him turn his life back onto the good path toward God.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it's just getting worse and worse for this family
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hallelujah...finally common sense seems to be prevailing. Why on earth do we need such shows on TV, and that includes 16 and pregnant...what kind of message is being sent out, breed like rabbits, and you get paid for it by someone else? What we need is shows that encourage people to get an education, get a better job and pay their own way.
    Patty Smyth and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

well i will say i do feel bad for the kids, the ones who are now old enough to understand all what is going on... if i remember right it was originally meant to be a 1 off episode about this large family building this great big house, they pretty much grew up on the series and now they have to deal with all this backlash in the media and the cancellation of the show due to the things their brother has done...
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I KNOW, right?! I wasn't offered the opportunity to give birth on live TV either, to show my gratitude to my parents, siblings, God and the world for that wonderful gift. Omof, I'm feeling a little miffed, too.
    Did your invitation ever arrive, Darth?
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

"People wise up": Fans start to think Dillard ministry just a scam

Fans are beginning to question whether Jill Duggar and her husband are spending donated money on mission work or for personal expenses.
    The 24-year-old former reality TV star and her husband, Derick Dillard, left with their infant son in late June — just weeks after she admitted that eldest brother Josh Duggar had molested her and three other sisters — for a lengthy mission trip to El Salvador.
    The couple solicits donations through their Dillard Family Ministries, which an IRS representative confirmed was listed as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
    But fans have questioned the couple’s travel after Derick and Jill Dillard have apparently flown back to the U.S. at least three times — including this weekend, when they attended cousin Amy Duggar’s wedding in Bentonville, Arkansas — since leaving about two months ago.
    “Jill and Derick are back in the states AGAIN !!!!!!!” complained fan Daisy Shay on the couple’s Facebook page. “THEY TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH BUT WANT US TO DONATE AND GIVE THEM MONEY…they entire Duggar cult lives and breathes for media attention now that the gravy train ran dry Jessa jumps n front of every camera in desparation. Narcissist behavior.”
    Jessa Duggar Seewald also admitted during a Fox News interview that she had been molested by her now-27-year-old brother — who last month admitted to cheating on his wife after his accounts with the adultery website Ashley Madison were revealed.
    “I (love) you all and Jill and Derick but it (concerns) me that I am sending (money) for them to do missions and (they) fly home 2 times for weddings,” complained fan Shadman Rolfe. “I want to know if my cash is paying for this or (ministry). I want to serve the Lord and I want to give (but) I need to know my money is being used right.”
    Another fan cautioned Rolfe not to expect an explanation from the Duggar family about the couple’s spending.
    “You will never get a straight answer, you are just financing their extended vacation,” said Claudia Brown.
    The Dillards joined the rest of the 21-member Duggar family — with the exception of Josh Duggar, whose whereabouts remain unclear after he apparently failed to show up for a lengthy stay of his own at an Illinois rehabilitation center.
    However, his wife, Anna Duggar, joined the marriage celebration with her in-laws.
    Jill Dillard flew to New York City last month to participate in a TLC program on sex abuse, and some fans have questioned whether the couple even went to El Salvador — where they claim to be ministering to gang members.
    “People wise up,” warned fan Nikita Jones. “Can’t you tell when you’re being scammed? They’re taking trips to places that YOU can’t afford and they’re doing it with YOUR money. They have no credibility, they are NOT transparent with what they’re doing with your donations and they could care less about you. If you want to donate to charities, start locally. I’m sure there are people in YOUR community that are more deserving than these scammers.”

Lynn49 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ sure seems the Duggars lives/spending habits are anything but transparent now. I am so curious if they are no longer raking in tv money how do they all support themselves now ?
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

He's a realtor and investor, they are worth a lot of $ - even before tv money. I remember reading he did some really smart investing years ago, like into cell towers, for example.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

being honest i found it a bit off that they had just gotten married and JUST had a kid...and now they are off doing ministry work.. for one i'd be worried about having a young infant (what 3 months old) in tow when doing ministry work (especially if they are ministering to gang members!).. it's hard to focus on the job at hand when your tending to a young child.. you are in small remote villages, high risk situations, your there to do a job not there as a tourist..
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    He's a realtor and investor, they are worth a lot of $ - even before tv money. I remember reading he did some really smart investing years ago, like into cell towers, for example.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...ee-2012-4?op=1

Some other facts about JimBob..He was a member of the Arkansas Senate for a term which apparently allows him and his dependants free health care during his lifetime..so all those post 1999 births were paid for by the state.

According the the blurb following the building of the Toniton house, local firms aided the construction and companies like Maytag provided the electrical goods, like the stoves and washing machines.

I'm guessing TLC paid for all those holidays rather than JB since the family were being filmed.

The honeymoon for Jessa and Ben had lots of people or fans giving them cash....http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...evealed-201499

Jill and Derrick http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Jill-...59245/42210465

Jessa had a new wedding dress..http://www.ibtimes.com/19-kids-count...g-gown-1827350
    walkonby likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am glad I never saw an episode of this nonsense. You know there is a problem in the world when intellectual shows get low ratings, and millions of people queue up / TiVo shows like the housewives of wherever, the Kardashians, bachelor, bachelorette and other pap

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    I am glad I never saw an episode of this nonsense. You know there is a problem in the world when intellectual shows get low ratings, and millions of people queue up / TiVo shows like the housewives of wherever, the Kardashians, bachelor, bachelorette and other pap
    Well something we can agree on.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I must admit to watching 19K&C simply cos I knew it must implode sooner or later..
    anisa likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information