User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read everyday whenever I can. My fave place is in a hot bath.( not borrowed books!) I read 3 or 4 books at the same time, you know what I mean.lol Right now I am reading Jules Verne -Jouney to the Center of the Earth, Clive Cussler-Navigator, Brian Carter-Jack and Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden. Does the phrase short attention span apply here? Each book is different and I read which one suits my mood. I also love fantasy and mystery...I like all books.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I really enjoy any and all books by Wayne Dyer.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I love to read also...I read every night b4 bed....I`m a true crime junkie. I love Ann Rule`s books

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Funny, I was thinking about starting a thread like this. Time for me to find a new book to read, it's been so long.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I LOVE reading!! I have an abunance of books always ready to be read in my house.I am a very fast reader so I go through books like crazy. I have even debated opening a used book store with all the books I have in my house..yes sometimes there are that many.I read every second I have even when I am cooking.Basically anyone who knows me for any holiday or birthday gives me 5 books which on a good week lasts me that week..lol Good thing there is also a second hand store not far from me.

I read just about everything but my fav's are Stephen King, Bentley Little. I am a horror junkie, but love mystery, thrillers, vampires and supernatural books as well. even read romance as long as there is some mystery in them .

Right now I am reading Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I love reading, too! I enjoy getting wrapped up in good stories! I don't have much time to read for leaisure right now because of school. I am stuck reading boring textbooks... I do have a book on the go, though, when I can fit it in: The House at Riverton by Kate Morton.

I love Wally Lamb and Jeffrey Deaver novels, too

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

mists of avalon for the 3rd time, i love it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

If you like vampire books, have you tried the House of Night series by P.C. Cast? I'm currently reading that series right now and I like it. It's more for teens though.

I like the idea of this thread. I'm into the fantasy genre and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

I already read Terry Brooks' Magic Kingdom series. It was ok. Tried the Shannara stuff but didn't really like it and quit after the 2nd book in the series.

Read the Legend of the Seeker series by Terry Goodkind and had sort of a love-hate relationship with that one.

Read the first 3 books in the Eragon series. 1st one was pretty good. 2nd book was ok. 3rd book kind of stunk. Still waiting for the 4th book to come out.

Tried out the Dune series but quit after the first few chapters. Too much politics.

I love to read and wish I had more time to do so!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    VEEVEE...you should read James Patterson's Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas":
    "Synopsis:
    Katie Wilkinson has found the perfect man at last—but one day he disappears from her life, leaving behind only a diary for her to read.
    The diary is written by a woman named Suzanne and is addressed to her new baby boy, Nicholas. In it she pours out her heart about the joy he has brought her."

Make sure you have a box of Kleenex, it's a tearjerker...

I am going to read "Dear John" next I think, I want to see the movie but as with all movies based on books, I prefer to read the books first, as they are much more descriptive...
    It sounds like my kind a book! I will order from amazon on my next book order! Thanks!!

Dear John was a fantastic book...I read it in 1 day lol
    The movie was so disappointing, in so many ways! I dragged bf to see it...lol

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post
    not really reading much lately, but ishould be. this is a good thread, because i can browse and see what ppl are reading, then hit up the library!
    lately ive just been doing sudoku. lol
    That's what I was hoping, that by posting here, we can all maybe get ideas on what to read next...I am a real mystery/thriller junkie, but sometimes I want to read lighter stuff...

And Natalka, James Herriot's books are wonderful, it isn't my usual style either, but all his books are about animals and some are tearjerkers, some aren't, but I've never been disappointed with his books.I too am a fast reader...I read two of the Twilight novels in 4 days..I couldnt put it down.

It's funny because This year one of my goals was to read more NONFICTION books...I even bought a book that Farley Mowat wrote called "People of the Deer" about his experience living in a small Inuit village....it looks very interesting, and I've never read Farley Mowat before.I'll be saving it for a rainy day.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    I read everyday whenever I can. My fave place is in a hot bath.( not borrowed books!) I read 3 or 4 books at the same time, you know what I mean.lol Right now I am reading Jules Verne -Jouney to the Center of the Earth, Clive Cussler-Navigator, Brian Carter-Jack and Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden. Does the phrase short attention span apply here? Each book is different and I read which one suits my mood. I also love fantasy and mystery...I like all books.
    wow, I can't do that...I need to read one book at a time, I just paint such a vivid picture in my mind of the characters, the setting, the book, that if I try to get into another book before I've read the other, my imagination fails me and I can't really get "into" it...

The only time I can realistically read undisturbed is at night, so 45 minutes in the hot bath after dinner, and then at least an hour + before I turn the light out in bed.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

2 tear jerker books I can think of that I LOVED were

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume - Its one of her first Adult books....I cried for a good hour after reading this.

My Sisters Keeper - I went into ugly mode cry...my BF actually came upstairs bc he heard me haha

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    m me.

I read just about everything but my fav's are Stephen King, Bentley Little. I am a horror junkie, but love mystery, thrillers, vampires and supernatural books as well. even read romance as long as there is some mystery in them .
    me too!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    2 tear jerker books I can think of that I LOVED were

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume - Its one of her first Adult books....I cried for a good hour after reading this.

My Sisters Keeper - I went into ugly mode cry...my BF actually came upstairs bc he heard me haha
    I think I have both those books somewhere...thanks, I'll make sure I have a box of Kleenex by me when I read it...

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JumboShrimp View Post
    If you like vampire books, have you tried the House of Night series by P.C. Cast? I'm currently reading that series right now and I like it. It's more for teens though.
    Well I don't care if they're for teens, I couldn't keep my hands off the Twilight series...Heather Graham has a trilogy that just came out, but so far only book one is out it's called Dust toDust, and the second book comes out in July...it was good, takes place in Italy, in an old convent, you'd have to read it to understand...sort of reminded me of the Dan Brown books he wrote..but not.
    Anyways you can pm me and I can suggest a few books and authors to you...my personal library has over 500 books, and I see new books at work all the time as i work in a cafe/used book store..

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information