User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Is anyone else a book junkie? I have to read daily...I even work in a bookstore just to get the best books, lol!

What are you reading right now? I was hoping maybe there are enough readers on SC that we can have a reader's thread like Patty's "What's For Dinner" thread, where it's ongoing, so I can get weekly inspiration...

My favorite authors are Heather Graham and James Patterson...I love vampire and supernatural novels (mixed with a little love and thrills) and crime/suspense novels.
    I just finished Dust to Dust by Heather Graham, and am now reading "When Darkness Falls" by Shannon Drake, which is the pseudonym for Heather Graham.

What are you reading?
    How often do you read and for how long?
    How many books do you read in a month?
    What do you rate your current book out of ten?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

I love to read.. When I find the time.. I love Daniel Steel and Nora Roberts.. I am a hopeless romantic..LOL

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I love to read, I've been on a Steven King kick for about a year and a half. Started with the Dark Tower series, and now just any book I can get my hands on!

So far this year I've read Pet Semetary, Bag of Bones, and currently reading Duma Key. I absolutely loved Bag of Bones, it was an excellent story

In between those I managed to read Michael Chricton's new book, Pirate Latitudes, which I absolutely loved also. I really like that there was no romance story to it. I know Steven Speilberg already has the rights to do a film version of it, and I know they'll put a stupid romance part in. Which is upsetting. Oh well. That's all for now.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

has anyone read "The Lovely Bones"? I also want to desperately find a used copy of "Not Without Hope" about the football players who died in a boating accident, and the sole survivor writing his account of the even leading to the death of his friends...it's a true story, and he was on Oprah today...

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    has anyone read "The Lovely Bones"? I also want to desperately find a used copy of "Not Without Hope" about the football players who died in a boating accident, and the sole survivor writing his account of the even leading to the death of his friends...it's a true story, and he was on Oprah today...
    Oh I've also read that this year (the Lovely Bones)!!! Hahah how could I forget! I couldn't put it down! I loved it too!!! Haven't seen the movie though.

Edit: Can you tell I love to read? My favorite hobby is going to the gym and going on a bike machine thingy and peddling while I read!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

OHH I love this thread already! I love books.

I am currently reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks - its not what I expected and am having a hard time with it.

Last week I read his book called The Rescue and before that Dear John which is the book that got me int Nicholas Sparks.

I tend to stay with female authors and read mostly female based novels, I guess bc I can relate more haha but I am surprised I don't mind reading books by Nicholas Sparks. I've sarted to write mini reviews of the books I read on my blog (link found under the about me section haha)

I go into reading phases....I can read a book weekly for up to 3 months and then poof....I am not in the mood at all for a few months.
    Last edited by VeeVee; Fri, Mar 5th, 2010 at 12:38 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    OHH I love this thread already! I love books.

I am currently reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks - its not what I expected and am having a hard time with it.

Last week I read his book called The Rescue and before that Dear John which is the book that got me int Nicholas Sparks.

I tend to stay with female authors and read mostly female based novels, I guess bc I can relate more haha but I am surprised I don't mind reading books by Nicholas Sparks. I've sarted to write mini reviews of the books I read on my blog (link found under the about me section haha)

I go into reading phases....I can read a book weekly for up to 3 months and then poof....I am not in the mood at all for a few months.
    VEEVEE...you should read James Patterson's Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas":
    "Synopsis:
    Katie Wilkinson has found the perfect man at last—but one day he disappears from her life, leaving behind only a diary for her to read.
    The diary is written by a woman named Suzanne and is addressed to her new baby boy, Nicholas. In it she pours out her heart about the joy he has brought her."

Make sure you have a box of Kleenex, it's a tearjerker...

I am going to read "Dear John" next I think, I want to see the movie but as with all movies based on books, I prefer to read the books first, as they are much more descriptive...

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Oh I've also read that this year (the Lovely Bones)!!! Hahah how could I forget! I couldn't put it down! I loved it too!!! Haven't seen the movie though.

Edit: Can you tell I love to read? My favorite hobby is going to the gym and going on a bike machine thingy and peddling while I read!
    I love reading...I didn't really start reading until about 6 years ago...I am a book junkie, if I knew how to do a blog, I think I would be a book reviewer, lol!
    I hope we can all contribute to this thread and keep it going...when we finish a book we should give our personal opinion of what we think...

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I am reading some short stories, right now is
    "The Third Bullet" By John Dickson Carr
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

right now i reading practical demonkeeping by christopher moore.. i think i'm going to be working through his books.. i find them highly amusing and quirky
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    right now i reading practical demonkeeping by christopher moore.. i think i'm going to be working through his books.. i find them highly amusing and quirky
    Is that a book on parenting?
    Keep it carbed......

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    I have never read his books, but we sell alot of Christopher Moore's books, especially "Lamb"..

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    Is that a book on parenting?

If it is, I'm going to buy it first thing in the morning

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am a voracious reader, and a fast reader, too. I read anything and everything.
    I didn't have much around to read lately, so the last book I finished was by James Herriot "All Things Bright and Beautiful". Not the type of book I would ordinarily read, about a country vet in England, but it's absolutely wonderful! Well written, funny, and thoughtful. I will definitely read more of his books.
    I don't usually read the top seller type of fiction books... but go through phases. Sometimes it's all about psychological thrillers, more recently I went through a culinary mystery phase.
    I try to read during the day (more 'serious' reading), but I must confess, when I read before bedtime, I often read romance books then.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

not really reading much lately, but ishould be. this is a good thread, because i can browse and see what ppl are reading, then hit up the library!
    lately ive just been doing sudoku. lol

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information