User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Odd, I never thought of reading as 'entertainment' (where the thread was moved)!
    To me, it's like breathing, it's a necessity!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Odd, I never thought of reading as 'entertainment' (where the thread was moved)!
    To me, it's like breathing, it's a necessity!
    Haha same here!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Im with you guys, I couldnt survive without a book. It is like an obsession I have to be surrounded by books. i love reading so much..lol..

At one point I had over a 1000 books in my closet, my husband is fine with my little collection but I did weed it down to about 500 now I think...lol. though I have more in storage.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

hahah i actually just reorganized my bookshelf and can't stop gushing about it. Lame, I know haha. I even separated it by nonfiction (alphabetical too!), non fiction series, plus all my Steven King books, my pirate smut (I know right, cottage favorites), Political Science, Philosophy, History, then random books, French books and graphic novels. I loves it!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Another book I loved and laughed out loud when reading was from Sophie Kinsella - Twenties Girl.
    If you want to read the first chapter - here is the link to amazon.ca
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/reader/03853...pt#reader-page

I love all of Sohpies books, there great for a lazy day when you feel like laughing and not thinking to to much lol

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I've been into romance/sci-fi/vampire stuff lately (as I think a lot of people are ).

Since Christmas I have read all the Sookie Stackhouse Novels (except Dead and Gone, waiting for it to come out in paperback). I really enjoyed all of them.

I also picked up a trilogy by Jennifer Armintrout. It consists of Queen of Light, Child of Darkness, and Veil of Shadows. At first I only picked up Queen of Light to see if I liked it, and once I started reading it that night I couldn't put it down, so I went the next day and bought the other 2. It didn't take me long to go through them, and it kind of left me wishing there were more.

A couple weeks ago when they had the save 25%, I picked up the Darkyn series novels by Lynn Viehl. It consists of If Angels Burn, Private Demon, Dark Need, Night Lost, Evermore, Twilight Fall and Stay the Night. I am currently on the fourth one, Night Lost, and I am really enjoying them.

One of my other favorite books is P.S. I Love You. If you have seen the movie (and enjoyed it), I definitely recommend reading the book. It goes into so much more detail.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I am currently reading One last dance Patrick Swayze.

I've never been a big reader at all, but I recently found out why that was: I like real life/autobiography books. I picked up 2 books in the fall and read both in a weekend lol I just ordered 3 books from amazon and they should be here this week, I'm excited

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I love reading but lately I have to read so much for school that it's hard to find time for the entertainment. Lately the entertainment is Chatelaine in French. Sometimes I think I should get Chatelaine in English because it seems to have more coupons.
    French Lady

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just finished The Secret Life of Bees - and WOW! I've had it a long time, and kept putting it at the bottom of the pile, then last week I started it and found it really hard to stop each day! Life, love, maternal loss, betrayal, guilt, forgiveness - all in there.
    Mind you, I learned a little more about bees than I would know otherwise, but new knowledge is never a bad thing!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Just finished The Secret Life of Bees - and WOW! I've had it a long time, and kept putting it at the bottom of the pile, then last week I started it and found it really hard to stop each day! Life, love, maternal loss, betrayal, guilt, forgiveness - all in there.
    Mind you, I learned a little more about bees than I would know otherwise, but new knowledge is never a bad thing!
    thanks for recommending it, I have it in the bookstore and kept looking at it wondering if I would read it....I'll have to save it for a rainy day.
    I am still on my Shannon Drake novel "When Darkness Falls" vampire novel...I haven't had much time to read lately with the kids on a 2 week spring break..

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'm afraid of bees lol

and wasps/hornets/ginormous moths, etc

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am reading university textbooks and historical resources. It's a busy time of year.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I love to read, always have a book or two on the go
    Currrently I am reading Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie macdonald, a Canadian author.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just finished off "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks.

It was actually very disappointing for me. I guess all the hype couldn't possibly stand up to it. I don't really find him that phenomenal of a writer either. I am interested in his genre of romantic dramas I guess you could say, but I wouldn't really recommend this book..

I also finished A Walk to Remember by him as well. I loved the movie to no end, but the book was a disappointment surprisingly. You really don't find many movies that are better than the book, but I guess this is one of their rare time?

I'm really questioning Nicholas Spark's work now, but if anyone has a book by him that they absolutely recommend, I may check it out.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by starobsolete View Post
    Just finished off "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks.

It was actually very disappointing for me. I guess all the hype couldn't possibly stand up to it. I don't really find him that phenomenal of a writer either. I am interested in his genre of romantic dramas I guess you could say, but I wouldn't really recommend this book..

I also finished A Walk to Remember by him as well. I loved the movie to no end, but the book was a disappointment surprisingly. You really don't find many movies that are better than the book, but I guess this is one of their rare time?

I'm really questioning Nicholas Spark's work now, but if anyone has a book by him that they absolutely recommend, I may check it out.
    I haven't read any of his books lately...I think maybe pm Natalka, I think it was she that said she reads his novels...maybe she can recommend one...I just bought "The Believer", but I haven't read it yet.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information