User Tag List

Page 130 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 1130 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 38271
Like Tree169182Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trucks12trucks View Post
    I am going out for a formal dinner event thing at North 44 in toronto
    ack! ack!
    time for the black dress

but its supposed to be uber good
    I have wanted to try that restaurant. I have heard so many good things about the food. Have a great time!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I am going out for a formal dinner event thing at North 44 in toronto
    ack! ack!
    time for the black dress

but its supposed to be uber good
    Hope you take some pics!

On the other end of the cuisine spectrum... we're having M&M chicken nuggets tonight. The ones that were on sale a while back. Served with some really good bottled Salsa sauce that a friend brought back from Costa Rica... and some fried potatoes. Simple, yummy, lazy.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Here's the menu trucks might be looking at:

---------------
    APPETIZERS AND SALADS

Red and green pear salad with endive, blue goat cheese, pine nuts and sherry vinaigrette 16.95
    Rainbow beet salad with dandelion greens, gala apples, walnut chips and poblano chili vinaigrette 15.95
    Seared foie gras with candied plantain, praline, lychee reduction and foie gras foam 24.95
    Braised short rib ravioli with golden chanterelles, crispy sage and natural reduction 17.95
    Tandoori spiced squab legs confit with cumin scented cauliflower purée and minted sweet pea samosas 19.95
    Butternut squash ravioli with oxtail ragout and sage 18.95
    Pink snapper tartare with ruby grapefruit and spiked avocado 19.95
    Ribbon of Ahi tuna with tempura onion ring, plantain chips and sriracha mayo 22.95
    Crisp Laughing Bird shrimp with spiced chipotle and yuzu 21.95
    Venison tartare with fried quail egg, medley of carrot, potato and parsnip chips 22.95
    Charcuterie platter: Truffled foie gras terrine with squab, duck confit rillettes, Niagara cured ham and house-made prosciutto
    with pickled onions and warm ciabatta toast 22.95 per person
    Soup – composed daily Market Price
    Oysters – daily selection with condiments Market Price

North 44 will be delighted to cater your next event.
    Floral arrangements by Quince Flowers.

MAIN COURSES

Roast squab with its consommé, mini oxtail ravioli, turnip confit and mushroom duxelles 40.95
    Pan roasted Dover sole, sauté of roe and chanterelles with lemon slivers, caper berries and butter sauce Market price
    Pan seared supreme of Artisan chicken, egg white and truffle risotto, onion compote and natural reduction 30.95
    Grilled Yellow Fin tuna with Asian vegetable ragout, lotus chips, wasabi mayo and citrus salsa 39.95
    Roast rack of lamb with root vegetable and barley risotto, caramelized parsnip and mint chutney 40.95
    Pan seared John Dory and crisp Yukon Gold medallions, parsley butter with citrus and piri piri 39.95
    Veal Three Ways: grilled tenderloin, braised shank ravioli, roasted marrow with baked squash and mustard – infused natural reduction 42.95
    Duck Three Ways: Crisp confit, pink magret and seared foie gras with corn – onion soubise, salsify purée and spiced apple 42.95
    STEAKS
    All steaks are selected by McEwan Foods and aged a minimum of 8 weeks.
    Served with daily sides.
    10 oz. U.S.D.A. Prime Strip 40.95
    12 oz. U.S.D.A. Rib Eye 52.95

---------------

Oh oh... where's the vegetarian selections... ?!!

The restaurant is described as being "... a destination for celebrities." Well... duh! trucks is going there!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Uh, hokey whoa on those prices! Sheesh! Never on our budget.
    That said, we had Delissio pizzas for supper. Total cost for the three of us: $12.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i am craving something but not sure what lol mmmmmmm i know what it is chicken ceaser salad!!!!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Here's the menu trucks might be looking at:

---------------
    APPETIZERS AND SALADS

Red and green pear salad with endive, blue goat cheese, pine nuts and sherry vinaigrette 16.95
    Rainbow beet salad with dandelion greens, gala apples, walnut chips and poblano chili vinaigrette 15.95
    Seared foie gras with candied plantain, praline, lychee reduction and foie gras foam 24.95
    Braised short rib ravioli with golden chanterelles, crispy sage and natural reduction 17.95
    Tandoori spiced squab legs confit with cumin scented cauliflower purée and minted sweet pea samosas 19.95
    Butternut squash ravioli with oxtail ragout and sage 18.95
    Pink snapper tartare with ruby grapefruit and spiked avocado 19.95
    Ribbon of Ahi tuna with tempura onion ring, plantain chips and sriracha mayo 22.95
    Crisp Laughing Bird shrimp with spiced chipotle and yuzu 21.95
    Venison tartare with fried quail egg, medley of carrot, potato and parsnip chips 22.95
    Charcuterie platter: Truffled foie gras terrine with squab, duck confit rillettes, Niagara cured ham and house-made prosciutto
    with pickled onions and warm ciabatta toast 22.95 per person
    Soup – composed daily Market Price
    Oysters – daily selection with condiments Market Price

North 44 will be delighted to cater your next event.
    Floral arrangements by Quince Flowers.

MAIN COURSES

Roast squab with its consommé, mini oxtail ravioli, turnip confit and mushroom duxelles 40.95
    Pan roasted Dover sole, sauté of roe and chanterelles with lemon slivers, caper berries and butter sauce Market price
    Pan seared supreme of Artisan chicken, egg white and truffle risotto, onion compote and natural reduction 30.95
    Grilled Yellow Fin tuna with Asian vegetable ragout, lotus chips, wasabi mayo and citrus salsa 39.95
    Roast rack of lamb with root vegetable and barley risotto, caramelized parsnip and mint chutney 40.95
    Pan seared John Dory and crisp Yukon Gold medallions, parsley butter with citrus and piri piri 39.95
    Veal Three Ways: grilled tenderloin, braised shank ravioli, roasted marrow with baked squash and mustard – infused natural reduction 42.95
    Duck Three Ways: Crisp confit, pink magret and seared foie gras with corn – onion soubise, salsify purée and spiced apple 42.95
    STEAKS
    All steaks are selected by McEwan Foods and aged a minimum of 8 weeks.
    Served with daily sides.
    10 oz. U.S.D.A. Prime Strip 40.95
    12 oz. U.S.D.A. Rib Eye 52.95

---------------

Oh oh... where's the vegetarian selections... ?!!

The restaurant is described as being "... a destination for celebrities." Well... duh! trucks is going there!
    With these prices, I won't be trying this restaurant any time soon

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

!!
    I have a headache from everything so I shall have to write up the whole report later but I had quite the dinner experience @ north 44º ! The main highlight : the chef is mark mcewan. He’s the owner of the new McEwan gourmet grocery store that I have been wanting to visit. I got to meet and chat and got a whole separate dinner made by him since they didn’t have vegetarian options on the menu.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    The insanely good tasting wine..ahhhh! time for some advil and a quick nap<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

---double post at this hour?! --
    Last edited by trucks12trucks; Wed, Nov 25th, 2009 at 11:07 PM.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

!!
    I have a headache from everything so I shall have to write up the whole report later but I had quite the dinner experience @ north 44º ! The main highlight : the chef is mark mcewan. He’s the owner of the new McEwan gourmet grocery store that I have been wanting to visit. I got to meet and chat and got a whole separate dinner made by him since they didn’t have vegetarian options on the menu.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    The insanely good tasting wine..ahhhh! time for some advil and a quick nap<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Way to go!! Custom veggie dinner made just for you by the head chef himself! Can't wait for more details. Oh, and tell us about the food, too!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy View Post
    With these prices, I won't be trying this restaurant any time soon
    Yeah.... 17 bucks for a salad?!! 53 bucks for the large steak?!! Does it come with a potatoe? The restaurant must be trying to impress the visitors from the other centre of the universe, New York.

"North 44 will be delighted to cater your next event."

I'm sure they would be ecstatic to cater your next event!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

same old chicken
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

restaurant prices are what made me want to learn to cook.... homemade is cheaper and tastes better

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We had a Sobeys special! Roast chicken with the fixins!!! (few extras made at home) 9.99 for 4 of us and some leftover for chicken salad!!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

sheppards pie

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

alot of people eat sheppards pie on here - I think I will have to give it a try one day! Does anyone have a good recipie to share? I have never made it!!!

Thread Information