User Tag List

Page 1416 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 416 916 1316 1366 1406 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1426 1466 1516 1916 2416 ... LastLast
Results 21,226 to 21,240 of 38027
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

o-m-gosh haunish.. How awful for that to happen to your daughter. I hope she recovers from it quickly without infection or scaring.

Life is Good

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    I feel horrible,crying like crazy. I had to rush my dd to the hospital this morning, my cat attacked her face. It was laying on the bed and she looked at it and for some reason it tore her face up..I am a mess right now..I dont know what to do. We pulled claws out of her head. THey didnt stitch anthing just pushed the pieces back in place. Her shoulders everything are tore up. My dh feels horrible cause he couldnt stop it in time. Even when he grabbed teh cat it ripped his arms up as well. They are not sure how much scarring they will be it ripped her gums and everything. I just needed to say something to someone, hope I didn toffend. I had to take pics and send to my mom she didnt believe me..we will be keeping her home for a few days to watch for infection.

Thanks for listening

omg.... i hope she'll be alright and wont have any scarring.
    what did the dr say to do?

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelinu View Post
    omg.... i hope she'll be alright and wont have any scarring.
    what did the dr say to do?

Hes just said to keep it clean, we just realized though there is a big hole in her mouth, where the lip connects to bottom of gums, even then he said he didnt want to put stitches in so shes stuck with soup to eat, and gargling salt water... making sure keep the wounds really clena, she sso paranoid now even though the cats gone shes not keen on going to her room without someone..her dad is so upset he couldnt protect her..never thought our cat would do such a thing..

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hes just said to keep it clean, we just realized though there is a big hole in her mouth, where the lip connects to bottom of gums, even then he said he didnt want to put stitches in so shes stuck with soup to eat, and gargling salt water... making sure keep the wounds really clena, she sso paranoid now even though the cats gone shes not keen on going to her room without someone..her dad is so upset he couldnt protect her..never thought our cat would do such a thing..
    I don't blame her for still being scared. I'd feel the same. The cat was never aggressive before? That's so weird that it would just freak out like that without being provoked. Your hubby couldn't have predicted that.. its not his fault. No one would expect that. I hope this doesn't cause her to become afraid of animals in the long run.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelinu View Post
    I don't blame her for still being scared. I'd feel the same. The cat was never aggressive before? That's so weird that it would just freak out like that without being provoked. Your hubby couldn't have predicted that.. its not his fault. No one would expect that. I hope this doesn't cause her to become afraid of animals in the long run.
    The cat was never aggressive...was a great cat...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So sorry to hear about your daughter Haunish - all you can do is hold her and let her know that she will be alright. Hope she heals and that this episode doesn't put a fear of cats (or animals) in her.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

aw thats terrible haunish hugs for you and dd <hugs> weird that the cat just freaked like that though hopefully it doesnt make her afraid of animals...

got a call about the show! I am in the chorus guaranteed but they havent made any decisions about the solo part yet, first rehearsal is tomorrow night so maybe I will find out either then or earlier...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sry bout yer dd haunish. a buddy of mines cat done the same thing to his mom. and she had hers for 15 yrs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

omg Haunish that's terrible, hope your daughter is ok.

Rose congrats on getting your foot in the door, hope the solo part works out for you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thats awful haunish. I hope it heals fast.

Ns wants everyone to know she is having internet problems. Blair has pneumonia and she will be back asap. NS is a little "stuffy" but fine otherwise. She got a microwave and some good deals on presents for ryans bday.

Nice to see ya rebel.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Haunish, OMG I don't know what to say. Hope she recovers and has no scars (physically and psychologically)

Rose good luck, break a leg!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel horrible,crying like crazy. I had to rush my dd to the hospital this morning, my cat attacked her face. It was laying on the bed and she looked at it and for some reason it tore her face up..I am a mess right now..I dont know what to do. We pulled claws out of her head. THey didnt stitch anthing just pushed the pieces back in place. Her shoulders everything are tore up. My dh feels horrible cause he couldnt stop it in time. Even when he grabbed teh cat it ripped his arms up as well. They are not sure how much scarring they will be it ripped her gums and everything. I just needed to say something to someone, hope I didn toffend. I had to take pics and send to my mom she didnt believe me..we will be keeping her home for a few days to watch for infection.

Thanks for listening
    {{{{{{{{{{Haunish}}}}}}}}}}

Listen sweetie, I so understand the trauma she is feeling right now. I too have scars from my cat who attacked me. She's the perfect cat except for that one chance that she has of firing off an attack all of a sudden. I've been attacked by her several times and my husband was attacked by her within the first month he moved in with me. She attacked his leg and I ran at him to grab her and she turned on me. I have a kennel around at all times in case she attacks so I can put her in there. The first attack happened when she was 4 years old. A male cat had snuck up in my apartment when I lived in Ontario and went and "sprayed" in her litterbox and from THAT moment on, she became "territorial" and "aggressive". I could not BELIEVE how velvet green and glassy her eyes got, had the strangest MEOW that I had NEVER heard before It was the scariest thing I had ever seen, almost like she was possessed. Then the time she attacked me real good, I had 14 bitemarks to my left hand and bad scratches. I went to the doctor as I was in so much pain. The bites were deep. I needed to get a tetanus shot right away and the doctor would NOT put me on antibiotics when I asked her too. The very next morning, I woke up to a pretty good sized "puss pocket" on my wrist telling me infection HAD set in already. That's AFTER the doctor had cleaned it all up real well. So, I had to return back to the doctor and she said "Tina, if it doesn't get better by tomorrow, you are going in the hospital to be placed on an IV for infection". I couldn't believe it! Why didn't she just give me the antibiotics right away???? So, my advice is...keep a VERY close eye on it as it doesn't take much for infection to set in. I had bites which were deep and none of my scratches infected, only the bites. Keep an eye on her "temperature" too as fever means infection.

From what I read, you got rid of the cat. I would have to agree that it's the best decision you could have made. At the time, my family only consisted of my cat and an abusive boyfriend. I was working as a 911 operator/police dispatcher a long way's from home and I loved my cat more than life itself. I was dealing with my mom's suicide still and my cat got me through SO many rough times. That's why I chose to keep her, I needed her. It's not always been easy but she hasn't attacked in years. She was put on medication right afterwards though (Elavil) by the vet which did help "take the edge off" as it's an anti-anxiety drug. She's still on them to this day but I just give her 1/2 a 10mg once every week and a half, it's all she needs now. She's 16 years old but still VERY territorial and we KNOW this is her house! We've learned to live our lives around her! I would NEVER permit her to roam the house freely if we had company though. Besides that, she's the perfect cat

So sorry your daughter had to experience such a horrific experience...also, there is NOTHING your husband could have done. Obviously the cat felt threatened and was jealous of the daughter and she waited till there was nobody around to protect her. Once the scratches are well healed and closed over, I would suggest attending the pharmacy and asking about Vitamin E cream. It can really help with scaring.

Big huge hugssss to you guys. If there's anything I can do to assist you in coping with this, please let me know. I SO understand how hurt you are feeling. I couldn't believe MY cat would EVER do this to me! As soon as I had her locked up in the kennel, I just sat in the middle of my kitchen floor bleeding all over and cried and cried and cried. She had attacked the hand that fed the mouth! I was very scared of her afterwards for the longest time and she knew it so I walked on nails SO much...

HUGSSSSSSSS to all of you...so sorry you guys had to experience this
    Last edited by PetiteFemme; Sun, Jan 18th, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~linder/PetiteFemmeAvatar.jpg

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Anyone else remember the first time they bought condoms?
    OMG that was too funny. ... buy condoms? Me? oh no lol
    way to shy back then.

So, who else has embarrassing stories?
    Walked into a store to avoid getting wet from a sudden
    downpour - turned out it was one of those 'leather' stores
    with the "Exit" at the other end of the store; so you had
    to walk through a lot of it before getting out. I couldn't
    get out of there fast enough and wouldn't you know it; all
    the clerks were asking if I needed assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by smb127 View Post
    my most embarrassing momonts. I am going to hide now.
    Too funny... I remember that only too well; my mom sent
    my dad to the store while I was mortified that she would
    even tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    very quickly. i'm RIP ROARING MAD. more info here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/60979-s...da/#post671363
    Don't blame you; I'd be upset. I had the same thing happen at
    Zehrs a couple of years ago. There seems to be a lack of good
    Customer Service at many stores these days.

[quote=haunish;674705]I feel horrible,crying like crazy. I had to rush my dd to the hospital this morning, my cat attacked her face.
    Awe poor thing; sure hope she's ok and hope that there won't
    be scarring. She probably will avoid cats for awhile but hopefully
    after some time will be ok around them.

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    got a call about the show! I am in the chorus guaranteed but they havent made any decisions about the solo part yet, first rehearsal is tomorrow night so maybe I will find out either then or earlier...
    Congratulations... way to go Rose!

Thank you for the words everyone - gave rep where I could.
    Been busy going through stuff.... Ughh some people! I listed
    some stuff on Kijiji and although prices are very reasonable,
    people want everything for nothing. You wouldn't believe some
    of the emails I got. I think most people are watching their finances
    but I'd never ask someone to give it to me for nothing...
    "Well you obviously don't want it so why don't you give it to
    me for free?" - yes this was an email I received. Arggg!

Otherwise, we're having a great lazy Sunday - hope you all are as well!
    Last edited by RTlady; Sun, Jan 18th, 2009 at 04:29 PM.
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

OMFG

i bought ryan an online racing game for xmas. but held onto it because he was sneaking on the computer. so i gave it to him for his bday today. i told him to go with dh to take nana home and i'll install it for him.

i put the disk in, i get this message:

As of January 1st, 2009, the Swypeout Battle Racing service will be closed.
    Spin Master would like to thank all of our players for their enthusiasm and support.
    Goodbye and Good luck!
    The Swypeout Battle Racing Team

IS HE EVER GOING TO BE PISSED OFF

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Thanks for listening
    OMG HAUN...that's awful! your DD must've been terrified! and only natural for the dh to feel that way. wow. my co-worker had a similar experience. she had 2 cats, one really mild mannered male. one day out of the blue, he just up and attacked her. (nothing like what your DD went through). she had scratches, but was frightened to death, because she couldn't trust him anymore. she ended up having to put him down, and that broke her heart. she knew it was justified but she couldn't understand what would make him do such a thing.

even tho pets are like our family, they have animal instincts not human ones i hope your DD heals, and i'm sure she's going to be wary of pets, esp cats for a while. it's only natural. i was coaxing a dog out from under a couch when i was small, and the dog jumped at my face. i was scared to death! i bawled. (i was only like 6), he din't bite me, he snapped and growled at me. but no one told me how to deal with a dog. i wanted to play, he din't.

ryan was also clawed in the face by one of our cats. this cat was used to being around old(er) people. when i first got her, she would attack my hands at the computer and give me a scratch. so i was wary of ryan around her. when he was on the computer, he came off with a scratch near his eye! i was ready to kill the cat. it has a nasty streak. ryan was only around 5 or so too. so i was on the rampage looking for the cat, when ryan confesses that he was tormenting her at the time. so i let it go, and had a talk with ryan about leaving her alone til she got used to us.

and that's all it was. she hasn't done anything like that sense. not saying it couldn't happen. because it always can. but her problem was, take her from her house where her owner died and she had a doggie brother, put her in a house with 2 ppl and a small child, 2 dogs, and one other cat..then add 2 more cats down the road= cat stress.

today, didn't ryan (in his hyperness) pull his cats tail! first time he ever pulled a cat's tail. now i need to have another talk with him on respecting animals.

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    aw thats terrible haunish hugs for you and dd <hugs> weird that the cat just freaked like that though hopefully it doesnt make her afraid of animals...

congrats, and good luck! you deserve a solo!

Quote Originally Posted by RTlady View Post
    Walked into a store to avoid getting wet from a sudden
    downpour - turned out it was one of those 'leather' stores
    with the "Exit" at the other end of the store; so you had
    to walk through a lot of it before getting out. I couldn't
    get out of there fast enough and wouldn't you know it; all
    the clerks were asking if I needed assistance.
    hrmph! that was no accident.

did you satisfy your curiosity tho?
    Last edited by NSangel; Sun, Jan 18th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Thread Information