User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: first "mystery" brag

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ok, so this is my first brag . i have been lurking for a long time and saw a posting a while ago about mrs january finding stuff and selling on kijiji.

Well the story goes like this... my dad is a huge ebay guy, he is retired now and buys junk dirt cheap and sells it on ebay, and my mother's father used to work for a recycling depot long long ago and she said he used to bring home stuff all the time so this kinda junk collecting runs in the family ( no im not a hoarder!)

well it all started on junly 16th. I found the rabbit cage on the curb a few houses down, so i through it in the van thinking that it would make a great cat litter pan from the bottom plastic part, and got it home and hubby ( who is so not a junk collector kinda guy) said" thats in really good shape, i bet it worth something" so i listed it on kijiji and sold it for 20 bucks that night. the people who bought it lived a few streets over and asked if i didnt mind delivering it, so i said ok. on my way over, i found a cozy coupe car and picked it up, sold it for 10 ( i think it was 10 , maybe 15) so my husbany said, start writing things down of what you sell them for. so i did
    In our town we dont have a large garbage day like other towns do, so alot of stuff gets put on the curb, so pur junk other good things.
    also since it was summer, i started garage saling for items. i garage sale everyweekend for the hell of it anyways, so it was like combining a hobby with a purpose
    so long story short, i now have an online kijiji bussiness with inventory from garage sales, and curb side junk and to date I have made
    drum roll please...... (remember this is from july 16th so next weekend will be three months)
    a whopping .....!!!
    $2720
    and have spent
    $141 !!!

now mind you I am a work from home mom and have the time to sell something for 4 bucks as Im always home and able to check my emails... so some people think its a wasye of time but hey it works for me and it doubles my income from being a work from home mom and i dont have daycare costs.

well thats my brag
    got to go ... someone is coming over anyminute to by a pair of pet clippers...( bought for 50cents at a garage sale and selling for 15!)

This thread is currently associated with: Ebay, Garage
    Ceren, rish, scrapyddm and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow that is pretty good - i was at home for 8 years when my kids were little - i sure went to a lot of garage sales - plus i use to to sell their clothing (gently used) mostly my daughters for 50 bucks a bag in the local paper- people bought it back then
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Oct 12th, 2010 at 08:14 PM.
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

wow!! that is awesome!! congrats on your new business!! you are doing something good with it too as it's not going into the landfill!! way to go!!
    sharkie and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

One mans junk is another mans treasure In your case your treasure box is the thing getting filled! WTG!
    wolfwoman likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks guys... prime example today i made 85 and spent 5
    plus the money i get from it being a holiday so made 70 from that ... not bad for sitting at home cooking turkey
    sharkie and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That's awesome!! I hav e some things to sell on Used Ottawa, I should get on it!!
    sharkie likes this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

good for you - if you had to work for that money at minimum wage & pay daycare costs, it would have taken you a long time to generate that income.

this makes a good business for you, plus allows you to stay home with your kids.
    Ceren and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

rotfl. yes, that is pretty awesome!!! Love the ambition... the sneakyness (but in a very good way)!! If I had more resources.. ie.. a vehcile... I am almost certain my life would contain these happenings, lol!
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thank you for reducing the pressure on our landfills! I get so frustrated when I see good things going to waste. Good on ya!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    rotfl. yes, that is pretty awesome!!! Love the ambition... the sneakyness (but in a very good way)!! If I had more resources.. ie.. a vehcile... I am almost certain my life would contain these happenings, lol!
    i can totally see you doing this! with all your recycling bin walks
    sharkie likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    good for you - if you had to work for that money at minimum wage & pay daycare costs, it would have taken you a long time to generate that income.

this makes a good business for you, plus allows you to stay home with your kids.
    your so right, now dont get me wrong, i used to have a good paying job, an i am an educated person, i just choose to stay home a raise my child so i work from home now and this ... and now I make more than i did before!
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

wow that's amazing! i dont have time anymore to list stuff for sale, but i used to sell stuff i dont need around the house once in a while lol.
    sharkie likes this.
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Awesome, what a great way to be environmental.
    I personally would rather someone would pick up the big things we have out then see it go to the land fill.
    sharkie likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Wow, amazing brag! & awesome way to make some extra money! & I assume no taxes paid on it, lol
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    213 (100%)

Awesome job!! That is amazing!
    sharkie likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information