User Tag List

Page 49 of 226 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ooo, Speckled, I haven't made that in ages, it's SO good. I've always left it plain, though of course it would be awesome like the Crunchie with the chocolate.
    Hm... maybe next week!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Ooo, Speckled, I haven't made that in ages, it's SO good. I've always left it plain, though of course it would be awesome like the Crunchie with the chocolate.
    Hm... maybe next week!
    This is usually my go to recipe to make for the holidays......especially Christmas because no one else I know makes it. I always do a few batches and put them in a nice tin or box with some pretty wrapping and include them with Christmas presents or take them to Christmas parties etc etc. I did "Creamy Lemon Nut Bars" for Easter this year.....which were soooo good.....but I love anything lemon! And they freeze amazingly well.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

a double batch of apple brownies...to use up my "Snow White" apples. lol.

I recently bought a 10 or 12 royal gala apples at the store. They're my favorite ones to eat. Well, these particular apples were gorgeous--they were a beautiful red, perfectly shaped, and oh-so-shiny. Perfect specimens. They were the kind of apple that looked SO freakin' good that you could take a picture of it and put it on a magazine cover, THAT'S how good they looked.

I gave the kids each one in their lunches and took one to work myself. I was so excited because I'm telling ya...that apple looked so good.

Bit into it and OMG...it was horrible! All mushy and separating inside like it was going bad. How does an apple go bad from the inside out????

Ugh. Gross. All of them were like that. Beautiful on the outside; deadly on the inside. Hence, "snow white" apples.

Now they're baked into apple brownies...where they are finally so tasty that I've already nibbled the first row away. haha. All's well that ends well.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yesterday I made this thing off of the allrecipes.com site

It was called Green Eggs and Ham Quiche.

Easiest thing ever, and so tasty!

Name:  505798.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  5.1 KB

Here is the recipe if anyone is interested

Ingredients

• 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
    • 1 sweet onion, chopped
    • 4 eggs
    • 2 cups milk
    • 1 cup baking mix (such as Bisquick ®)
    • 1 cup chopped ham
    • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    • 1 tomato, thickly sliced (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
    2. Combine spinach and onion in the bowl of a food processor. Process to finely chop. Add eggs, milk, and baking mix; process to mix. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle ham and cheese over the top.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Quiche is done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomato slices to serve.

Now I do not have a food processor and from one review it is better not to use it for this as it tends to make the whole mixture look very green, ( hence the name of the dish eh?)
    I just chopped the spinach and onions up, stirred it all by hand together and poured into the pan.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    a double batch of apple brownies...to use up my "Snow White" apples. lol.

I recently bought a 10 or 12 royal gala apples at the store. They're my favorite ones to eat. Well, these particular apples were gorgeous--they were a beautiful red, perfectly shaped, and oh-so-shiny. Perfect specimens. They were the kind of apple that looked SO freakin' good that you could take a picture of it and put it on a magazine cover, THAT'S how good they looked.

I gave the kids each one in their lunches and took one to work myself. I was so excited because I'm telling ya...that apple looked so good.

Bit into it and OMG...it was horrible! All mushy and separating inside like it was going bad. How does an apple go bad from the inside out????

Ugh. Gross. All of them were like that. Beautiful on the outside; deadly on the inside. Hence, "snow white" apples.

Now they're baked into apple brownies...where they are finally so tasty that I've already nibbled the first row away. haha. All's well that ends well.

Were they Ontario/Canada grown apples? If so the mushiness is from age. The local apples being packed and sent to stores right now are from last years crop and have been in storage.....but after so long they get all mushy and gross inside and often look great on the outside still! Good local apples are hard to come by this time of year unfortunately. Glad they worked out well for your brownies though! lol

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

home made easter chocolates ! Tasted better than Reece Peanut Butter cups!
    Natalka, ninna, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Vegan vanilla bean latté cupcakes with a hint of butterscotch.
    I made these for my cousin's co-workers - they were a huge hit!
    We topped them off with chocolate covered espresso beans. :D
    Last edited by janetta; Tue, Apr 17th, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
    Natalka, ninna and Speckled28 like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I 'baked' bread-machine Banana Chocolate Chip bread -- finally at 11:25pm my bread machine beeped and it was done -- NOT....raw everything. So on went the oven and transfered the 'batter' into a loaf pan. Baked that sucker for 35 mins and it was done. This morning I tried it -- not sure if it's cooked all the way through or just really moist 'cuz I doubled the banana's and chocolate....hmm
    Zia_Stephie really wants you as my swagbucks referral...PM me and I'll send you the link. Thanks!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Finally! I'm making my own granola bars. First batch is in the oven as we speak. They smell so tasty and they were soooo easy to whip together.

oh boy oh boy oh boy. can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! Hurry up oven! I wanna try one!!!!!
    Speckled28 and missxhillary like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Name:  buns before baking.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  15.2 KB
    before
    Name:  cooked buns.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  16.8 KB
    Name:  cooked buns 2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  16.8 KB

I'm super proud of myself. This is my first cinnamon bun and first time using yeast. They are delicious!
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

WTG, Tweety - they look awesome!
    Tweetybird999 likes this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

i baked easter eggs for easter.. found a GREAT recipe on allrecipes. it was chocolate covered coconut cream eggs, and chocolate covered peanut butter cream eggs.. recipe called for 60 eggs, it made over 125... and they were SO good.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I made bread yesterday. Not that stuff you make in a bread machine, but the real stuff. I usually make 8 loaves at a time and put it in the freezer, but lately it hasn't been making it that far. The kids are "bread deprived" since I haven't done any for a long time so they have been taking the loaves home, lol. Right now it's cabbage rolls in the oven for dinner tonight!
    Speckled28 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missxhillary View Post
    i baked easter eggs for easter.. found a GREAT recipe on allrecipes. it was chocolate covered coconut cream eggs, and chocolate covered peanut butter cream eggs.. recipe called for 60 eggs, it made over 125... and they were SO good.

Ooohhh.....could you maybe post the link for the coconut cream eggs if you get a minute? They sound delicious!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Cheesy Italian bread. This bread maker is too easy to even call it baking really. I might just cook it in a loaf pan next time, the square loaf is a bit odd.

Name:  cheesy Italian bread.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  8.6 KB
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Page 49 of 226 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread Information