User Tag List

Page 55 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

holly do u mind me if i ask u what food can we take for camping, loaf of bread is brilliant never thought of it, peanut butter , but what about lunch ,dinner?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kashkoush View Post
    holly do u mind me if i ask u what food can we take for camping, loaf of bread is brilliant never thought of it, peanut butter , but what about lunch ,dinner?
    It really depends on what type of camping you are doing, If it's tent camping, your choices are limited to what you can fit in the cooler. We have a 5th wheel trailer, so I've got all the conviences here. But foods for camping are so much fun.

You could make ahead a few of these, that way you can just throw a grate on the fire pit, set the food wrapped in heavy foil to the side to warm through and your good to go.

For bread, a favorite for camping with my crew is take the loaf of bread, cut it in slices, but not all the way through, leave the bottom inch attached to keep the loaf together. Spread the slices and butter one side, then add grated cheese/roasted garlic and green onions. push the slices back together and wrap the loaf a few times in heaby tinfoil. It can be a meal in itself, or I like to make chili ahead of time and heat it on the grate on the fire and serve them together.

Wrap large potatoes in a few layers of foil and bring them along, once the fire has a nice bed of coals, throw in the potatoes, make sure you turn them every 10 minutes or so, when they are soft inside the are ready (and they taste so sweet and wonderful this way) you can pile the potatoe with cheese, butter, sourcream and whatever else you like.

You can buy these square pie makers (thats what I call them) at canadian tire for about $5 each. They are on a long handle like a hotdog roasting stick. You push a slice of bread on 1 side, them you can pile cheese, slices of peperoni, veggies, a bit of sauce into it, then put another piece of bread on top. Close the square and roast it over the fire. They are fabulous. You can also fill the bread with jam for little pies. It's like a pizza pop maker that you add your own filling too

Hope this helps you out some.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Jul 4th, 2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add pictures
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I always bring frozen foil packs (rectangle foil pans from dollar store) to put by/over the coals & fire I make things (or freeze leftovers) like pene, macaroni & cheese. Perogies & kielbasa. Potatoes, butter & onions. They cook up great.
    Breakfast in a foil tin: yesterday's potatoes & veggies, throw in a few breakfast sausages and crack a few eggs over it & throw it on the coals until its cooked.
    I also bring cans of food, veggies (like corn & peas), soups & chili. Open up the can or at least puncture and put over coals or heat.

Now I want to go camping!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Cinnamon buns...but I didn't blend the butter with icing sugar enough so it's lumpy...I'll try again.
    hollyquaiscer, ninna and ssbean like this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I love cinnamon buns. Haven't made any in a month or so, thanks for the reminder
    Tweetybird999 likes this.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

wow Holly!! Super baker!

Last night I made cinnamon buns with chocolate icing as opposed to the regular cream cheese icing .... think I'll stick with the regular, but it was a nice change!
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I have baked bread for years. My family has always liked it way better than the store bought type. I do have to purchase it at the store once in awhile though, if I don't have time to bake. I give bread to my 5 dd's and their families as well (for some strange reason they don't want to learn to make bread???)

I love baking, and cooking, it's peaceful and I love to experiment with new flavors and spices. I love taking a basic recipe and putting my own twist on it, it can be so much fun.
    Natalka, ninna, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy16076 View Post
    wow Holly!! Super baker!

Last night I made cinnamon buns with chocolate icing as opposed to the regular cream cheese icing .... think I'll stick with the regular, but it was a nice change!
    My mom used to make her cinnamon bun icing with strawberry jam mixed in - it made it seem so special when we were kids!
    lucy16076 and Tweetybird999 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ooooh. I haven't baked anything in weeks. If I even thought about turning on my oven in this heat, I'd be voted off the island. LOL
    Natalka and Abby5 like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Today!! Baked gf bread,gf pizza dough,no bake gf chia cookies and gf cinnamon raisin bread
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Today!! Baked gf bread,gf pizza dough,no bake gf chia cookies and gf cinnamon raisin bread
    Every time I see your posts I have to do a double take because I read that as "girlfriend bread" not "gluten free"

I have a bunch of eggs that are "going bad" in a few days, so time to make some sugar free raisin bran muffins. I might throw a little PB in them this time because I always put PB on them when I eat them... save a step, right?
    Natalka, Abby5, ninna and 2 others like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Lol ^^
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    ooooh. I haven't baked anything in weeks. If I even thought about turning on my oven in this heat, I'd be voted off the island. LOL
    LOL, I understand!

Yet, I had nectarines to use up quickly, so I decided to try bake a custard pie (from the Tenderflake crust box). It's crazy hot to have had the oven on, but it's over now!
    ninna likes this.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

labneh cake toped with gooseberry
    ninna and kashkoush like this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's a paltry 26C here tonight.

My eggs and flour are chanting. "Use us! Use us!"

Dare I???

I think I'll settle for pi.

As in, "The Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. I've never read that book and it's looking like a good night to curl up in the porch swing with a good read.
    walkonby and lucy16076 like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Page 55 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread Information