User Tag List

Page 622 of 966 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 620 621 622 623 624 632 672 722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'll get 10 Pepsi & 5 chips later today = $35 + tax

75 AMs

$20 Coupons

All a business expense this time too!

Paid to shop (on chips and pop! It doesn't get better than that!!!!)
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where are the McCain $1 coupons? In store I hope...

I have noticed it worthwhile to check to cork board at superstore for coupons and grab a bunch for later. They have been useable at Safeway. Even Shoppers, in the aisles for cold medication (which I plan on doing on my way to Safeway!!!)

Tapatalk via iPhone (I need a vacation)
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Potential slightly better deal on the Pepsi next week.

6 x 710ml Packs B4G75 @ $4.50 each

$18 spent gets 75 AMs = $7.88 or $18/$10.12 or $4.50/$2.53 each.

Don't know if 6 packs are eligible (haven't looked since getting back) but if they are all you need is a bag of Doritos to get the $20 offer.
    VEGAS PILGRIM and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Potential slightly better deal on the Pepsi next week.

6 x 710ml Packs B4G75 @ $4.50 each

$18 spent gets 75 AMs = $7.88 or $18/$10.12 or $4.50/$2.53 each.

Don't know if 6 packs are eligible (haven't looked since getting back) but if they are all you need is a bag of Doritos to get the $20 offer.
    The rebate is size flexible... any pepsi, crush ect ect product so go for it.
    operabob, VEGAS PILGRIM and L-M like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gotta start paying more attention to these deals--grabbed a coupon in store, and it had expiry date for purchase of February 8, and I think the online one was a week later. But the coupons did state any product from the Pepsi conglomerate--was dollar specific, not size.

Anyhow I learned from my brief visit to Safeway tonight, when there are a lot of empty shelves, and you're one of the store's bigger customers (in more ways than one, perhaps), and you've got the store manager walking right by you, you've got an excellent chance to get some service. He walked me over the Customer Service desk, and had the rep fill out a rain check with the buy 10 get 100AM frozen food offer, with whatever I want of the deal in mix and match, plus the 10% discount (which of course I will combine to use to make a $100 or $200 purchase down the road, for a week when they don't have that many good deals, but still have bonus AM). Don't have access to as many coupons as some of you out there, but I still try to shave a buck or two when I can
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Finally did a small shop today loaded up on lasagna and some Lysol wipes oop after 10% and coupons was 59.00 earned 262 AM's. Just a heads up that RCSS has there 2L Pepsi products on for 1.25 and they have in store Pepsi coupon books that include B2save $1 on the 2L pops and the same B2 save $1 on Lays chips which are also part of the promo. Always nice to have options if you can't find something at one store. Welcome back OB.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1cheapb*tch View Post
    Always nice to have options if you can't find something at one store. Welcome back OB.
    Exactly, as cheeky has stated as well. Just glanced at the current WM flyer, they have the McCains fries that were sold out at $3.33 at Safeway for $2.47. So if you ignore the AM factor (of course why would you do that if you're reading this thread), there are great deals out there.

Oh, and by the way, here is a link to the Pepsi offer online

https://pepsi.ca/en/NFL_MailInAdPads_en.pdf

The instore ones only give you until the 9th, so we have an extra week or so to shop!
    operabob and L-M like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just glanced at the current WM flyer, they have the McCains fries that were sold out at $3.33 at Safeway for $2.47. So if you ignore the AM factor (of course why would you do that if you're reading this thread), there are great deals out there.
    Shows the value of cherry picking as I've often found Safeway AM offers that are cheaper or within pennies of Wally World's price. When you factor in the AMs there is no comparison.

You can't just go in and buy something because it has AMs though.
    VEGAS PILGRIM and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

3 Day Sale Feb. 7 - 9:

Lucerne Milk 2L $2 L4

Pork Side Ribs $1.99/lb L4

Top Sirloin Steak Package of 4 $12 L6

Blueberries 550ml $3.99 L3

Sig. Half Lumberjack Sandwich $3.99 (Good Deal IMO)

BC 2 Bite Brownie Tray (16) $4.99

Saf. Thick Raisin Bread $2.50

L'Oreal HC NPG BOGO
    L-M likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just glanced at the current WM flyer, they have the McCains fries that were sold out at $3.33 at Safeway for $2.47. So if you ignore the AM factor (of course why would you do that if you're reading this thread), there are great deals out there.
    Don't have all the flyers yet but just a couple of things:

Rexall has the Pepsi 6 x 710ml on this weekend as a special for $3.33 L3.

Safeway is $4.50/$2.53 so there's an $0.80 advantage with the AMs compared to Rexall.

Also,

Safeway has boneless chicken breasts on for $5/lb while they're $5.49/lb at Thrifty's.

As I said I don't have enough flyers to get a comprehensive comparison.

Also, the cereal with movie ticket offers is out again according to Save-On. They have the cereal @ $3.99 (Cherrios, etc.) but the best value seems to be Sweet & Salty bars @ $2.50 each. If you go to movies this is a no-brainer.
    L-M likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I have a question about flights. We are hoping to go to San Fran again this summer. However when I look up the flight to use my airmiles it says it is high season. So instead of 2350 AM's it will be 3150. So is it better to spend my AM's on hotels instead?
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Probably not.

Several of us have been fighting AirMiles over this issue.

Until recently you could exchange AMs for Best Western Gift Cards. The cards could be used towards any level of room and could be used to pay taxes as well. You could also take part in any discount offers such as CAA or senior's rates, etc. Further, you could accumulate points from BW's own rewards program.

Now, with Airmiles you:

1. Cannot pick your room
    2. Pay taxes separately
    3. Cannot get the CAA or Senior's, etc. offers
    4. Lose credit for the BW Rewards program
    5. Lose your AMs if you have to cancel the booking

and

6. Pay a $10.50 Loyalty Free for the privilege (According to Airmiles the members asked for this)

A better strategy is to use AMs to buy the new Shell gas cards and then put the money you would have spent on gas aside for the rooms.

PS: Even though the flight is higher it still might be a fair deal. Check the total cost of the flight on the airline's website. Then subtract the taxes you'd pay through Airmiles from the total cost. Take the remaining amount and divide it by the number of AMs needed. If you get better than $0.105/AM it's a better deal.
    coley3, 4sure5 and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am sure the AM FB team will be happy you're back too!!

Airmiles Canada,

You asked for an example in the past feigning ignorance of the problem. Didn't have one then but do now.

Today I received, from you, the latest Shell Canada offer regarding car washes Buy 5 Get 50. There is also a sub offer of Buy 2 Get 20.

The Buy 2 Get 20 offer runs from January 15 - March 2 (approximately 6 weeks)

Today is Feb. 5 meaning the offer is already 3 weeks out of 6 over.

Is this intentional? Based on your recent practices I am suspicious. Do you intentionally send out offers half over so you can advertise big knowing very few people can take advantage thereby appearing generous while keeping your costs low?

All of the mail outs I receive from you are half over by the time they arrive.
    4sure5 and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post

Airmiles Canada,

You asked for an example in the past feigning ignorance of the problem. Didn't have one then but do now.

Today I received, from you, the latest Shell Canada offer regarding car washes Buy 5 Get 50. There is also a sub offer of Buy 2 Get 20.

The Buy 2 Get 20 offer runs from January 15 - March 2 (approximately 6 weeks)

Today is Feb. 5 meaning the offer is already 3 weeks out of 6 over.

Is this intentional? Based on your recent practices I am suspicious. Do you intentionally send out offers half over so you can advertise big knowing very few people can take advantage thereby appearing generous while keeping your costs low?

All of the mail outs I receive from you are half over by the time they arrive.

Maybe it's a west coast bias, or maybe it is just against you (KIDDING). I got a Safeway/Shell split deal--spend 60$ get 5x AM at Safeway, Shell is spend 30$ on gas, get 10AM...on a card that I can use again and again, to quote the promo, until March 2nd, 2014. Card is effective today, February 5th, 2014. I don't know how AM's magical computers put these things together--also got a Safeway AM coupon for 30AM if I buy one McCain superfries, on sale this week of course. Anyhow, looks like we got our offers on the same day in the mail, but they vary for some reason. Perhaps others in the community will chime in with their experiences.
    operabob and L-M like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Veg,

I only got the Shell offer on 5 x 8 card.

Sounds like yours is one of the envelopes with multiple offers? Perhaps I'll still get one 4 weeks late! ;-)

Regardless the car wash offer seems available to anyone as it's not coded to my account and says "no coupon required".

1. Wash & Earn Feb 1 - April 15, 2014

Buy 5G50 or B10G150

Also,

2. January 15 - March 2 B2 with a minimum $20 fuel G20

3. March 3 - April 27 5X AMs when you buy 2 washes with a minimum $20 fuel purchase

So 3 different uncoordinated date periods. Offer looks like any 10 washes while offers 2 & 3 read like you have to buy 2 washes at a time. This wouldn't be too bad if the B2 Ultra Washes Get the 2nd 50% Off is still on.
    Last edited by operabob; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 11:41 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information