User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Food allergies

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Does anyone suffer?? I am having a really hard time with mine !! They seem to be getting worse!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I have some non-severe intolerances and some life threatening. It's a pain in the neck some days, but most of the time I can deal.

I see from the other thread you are going GF. How is that going?

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Gf is really hard!!! I am not celiac ...I am allergic ...which means I can go into anaphayis shock!!! I think I would rather be celiac!!! Dairy now is making break out in hives!! I tell u I have just about had enough!!!
    Allergies include:
    Pineapple
    Shellfish
    Fish
    Kiwi
    Beef
    Dairy
    Wheat/gluten
    Soy
    Pork (I can eat a little)
    Curry
    Goat (all cheese, milk, and the meat!)
    Wool
    Bees
    Rubber gives me a rash
    Latex
    MSG

And all medications!!!
    I am sure there is more too
    I carry 2 epi pens with me. I have always made it to the hospital and they have given me a shot of epi....then my heart goes out of rhythm and they shock it back!!!

What about u???
    Last edited by Abby5; Sun, Feb 19th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh you poor thing, allergies SUCK! I have a few food allergies but not as many as you that's for certain. I'm allergic to Papaya, Mango and Shellfish which ALSO mean secondary allergies. I had surgery in 2010 and was informed that because I have a both Papaya & Mango allergies that I'm also tagged for Latex allergies as well. There are certain MRI and CT Scan dyes that are shellfish based and that is a whole other hassle. Grrrr.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG...you really do have a lot of food allergies --i thought i was bad!!

I just recently (within the past few years--i will be 55 soon) developed an allergy, like you--not celiac--to gluten and also eggs. The hives and itching can make anyone insane! IT took years to figure it out and thank goodness for my doctor..and me as I worked very hard at figuring it all out. There is the peanut allergy also--i have always had that. There is certainly something else but have not got it figured--thinking it is a food additive/colouring. I eat very clean, no processed foods....but once in awhile i will eat a candy and that may or may not set me off...I study labels religously but there are so many things that are not on labels!!
    Luckily my peanut allergy is the worst and they never make it past my lips--the reaction is that quick. I do not carry an epipen but think i should....especially on holidays.

i have just recently cut walnuts from my diet....but have been itchy for the past 2 days so that darn little bitty bag of jujubes must have been the culprit...serves me right as i do know better....
    The hunt continues but the very worst has passed (months of hives)

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I know ...why do we eat stuff we should not!!! I have been eating a little dairy...and full on hives and blisters in my mouth...why oh why do I do it???
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy54 View Post
    OMG...you really do have a lot of food allergies --i thought i was bad!!

I just recently (within the past few years--i will be 55 soon) developed an allergy, like you--not celiac--to gluten and also eggs. The hives and itching can make anyone insane! IT took years to figure it out and thank goodness for my doctor..and me as I worked very hard at figuring it all out. There is the peanut allergy also--i have always had that. There is certainly something else but have not got it figured--thinking it is a food additive/colouring. I eat very clean, no processed foods....but once in awhile i will eat a candy and that may or may not set me off...I study labels religously but there are so many things that are not on labels!!
    Luckily my peanut allergy is the worst and they never make it past my lips--the reaction is that quick. I do not carry an epipen but think i should....especially on holidays.

i have just recently cut walnuts from my diet....but have been itchy for the past 2 days so that darn little bitty bag of jujubes must have been the culprit...serves me right as i do know better....
    The hunt continues but the very worst has passed (months of hives)
    I thought I was allergic to eggs too. But I think I can eat them a few times a week and be ok....??? I am running out of food to eat!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Oh you poor thing, allergies SUCK! I have a few food allergies but not as many as you that's for certain. I'm allergic to Papaya, Mango and Shellfish which ALSO mean secondary allergies. I had surgery in 2010 and was informed that because I have a both Papaya & Mango allergies that I'm also tagged for Latex allergies as well. There are certain MRI and CT Scan dyes that are shellfish based and that is a whole other hassle. Grrrr.
    Omg!! That is why I had a huge reaction to the dye!!! Why didn't thy tell me!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Labels suck...I was drinking grape juice a brand that I am normally ok with..and bam! Full shock! I went to the hospital. They called the company and they said there could be other kind of juice in their containers !!!! And they do not need to list it!!!!Ok so no more juice for me!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Holy smokes!! That's a lot of food groups eliminated. My son has a severe allergy to peanut. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have severe allergies to a number of foods. So let's make a list of what is ok for you and maybe give you some new ideas for shopping...
    chicken/turkey/Cornish hen (can you make chicken stew with tomato on rice?)
    kale chips (home made)
    greens/tomato/cucumber/carrot/potato/broccoli/green or yellow beans/asparagus/peppers/sweet potato/yam
    olive oil
    beans (make soup with home made chicken stock)
    avocado (I see guacamole salad in your future)
    apple/orange/banana/grapes/melon
    seeds (pumpkin/sunflower/hemp)
    can you have almond? You can get almond flour.
    can you tolerate rice? Congee would be great.
    I used to eat a variety of bean oatmeal when I lived in China. You could experiment with cooking beans until they are gluey, add rice milk and sugar.
    are your allergies different between cooked or raw ingredients? (for example cooked egg in a rice/almond pancake?)
    maybe you'd like a different kind of potato salad..boil new small potatoes, add tomato and celery, toss with olive oil and basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
    Last edited by Tweetybird999; Tue, Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    Holy smokes!! That's a lot of food groups eliminated. My son has a severe allergy to peanut. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have severe allergies to a number of foods. So let's make a list of what is ok for you and maybe give you some new ideas for shopping...
    chicken/turkey/Cornish hen (can you make chicken stew with tomato on rice?)
    kale chips (home made)
    greens/tomato/cucumber/carrot/potato/broccoli/green or yellow beans/asparagus/peppers/sweet potato/yam
    olive oil
    beans (make soup with home made chicken stock)
    avocado (I see guacamole salad in your future)
    apple/orange/banana/grapes/melon
    seeds (pumpkin/sunflower/hemp)
    can you have almond? You can get almond flour.
    can you tolerate rice? Congee would be great.
    I used to eat a variety of bean oatmeal when I lived in China. You could experiment with cooking beans until they are gluey, add rice milk and sugar.
    are your allergies different between cooked or raw ingredients? (for example cooked egg in a rice/almond pancake?)
    maybe you'd like a different kind of potato salad..boil new small potatoes, add tomato and celery, toss with olive oil and basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
    Wow!!! Thanks so much for the list!!! Yes I eat nuts....but not melons or bananas. I hate it because traveling and going to other peoples homes really suck
    Ps my kale chips never taste right??? I am thinking about getting a dehydrator??? Because I broke out from raisins with sulphates in them
    New mom October 2014!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Abby, omg, that's a lot of allergies! I have an anaphylactic reaction to shellfish. Even just touching it I break out into blisters. I also have intolerance to gluten, dairy, salmon, blueberries and bananas, and nickel and latex plus I have IBS. I'm also a vegetarian. I think if I ever develop an allergy to soy I will go crazy.

I love kale chips! What happens that they don't taste right?

I have an american harvest dehydrator, it's not bad. But I hear the Excalibur is amazing!

I feel for you! Such a hassle going to other peoples house for me, especially if people don't have any idea about allergies. They just don't seem to get that something could kill someone.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

I guess I'm not as bad as you guys....I'm allergic to celery and lettuce! I hated salad anyways....lol! Sucks a bit when you really want soup somewhere and they made the broth with celery but other than that it's really easy to manage. I also have a mild alergy to Mango which I never liked as well.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Luckily so far I haven't developed any fod allergies. I have notice when I eat out that whatever restaurants use to cook with will make my face go red/hot but my face goes red/hot for lots of things so i'm used to it. My mom is allergic to a ton and pretty much lives on bread, potatoes, carrots, beans, steak and turkey.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Abby, omg, that's a lot of allergies! I have an anaphylactic reaction to shellfish. Even just touching it I break out into blisters. I also have intolerance to gluten, dairy, salmon, blueberries and bananas, and nickel and latex plus I have IBS. I'm also a vegetarian. I think if I ever develop an allergy to soy I will go crazy.

I love kale chips! What happens that they don't taste right?

I have an american harvest dehydrator, it's not bad. But I hear the Excalibur is amazing!

I feel for you! Such a hassle going to other peoples house for me, especially if people don't have any idea about allergies. They just don't seem to get that something could kill someone.
    People just don't get it!! My mother in law was so happy she made something I could eat...I did not get through half of it and was in the bathroom!!! She put some bought gravy powder in it!! She says it could not be it !! It does not have anything in it!! She goes and gets it first ingredient WHEAT ! She says oh that can't be!! I usually take things but she said no....well next time I just won't go!
    hollyquaiscer and walkonby like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information