• 2 Post By mommymonika
  • 2 Post By avoncallingu
  • 1 Post By Andit
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By glowworm2k

Thread: Anyone else have this problem?

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Being a couponer and deal hunter, I am bound and determined not to pay full price unless I absolutely have to. Soooo, when Easter, Hallowe'en, Valentine's Day, Christmas and Birthday's start approaching I am on high alert for deals!!

There is just one small problem...... I buy all the Easter hunt chocolate when it's on sale (like the past two weeks at NoFrills..such a great price on Nestle and Cadbury chocolate). I grab enough chocolate for the hunt/stocking/trick or treating etc. and hide it away and feel so darn pleased with myself that I got such a great deal and how much fun it will be for the kids and at so little cost to me....

Here's the problem.... I always end up eating it. Grr..... I'm a chocoholic. I think I need to just fess up and admit I have a problem. So now I will have to go out and buy more chocolate for the Easter hunt. Not only will I end up having to pay full price, but I already bought all the sale stuff that I wouldn't normally buy. Some Deal......not feeling so darn pleased anymore....

But what can you do? Once Hallowe'en comes around I'll tell myself that this time it will be different.....and it will, honest!
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills
    DaveP, walkonby and K8's Fate like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Buy it and give it to someone else to hold on too
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Great idea! But who? The chocolate problem is genetic apparently!!
    Natalka and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

And by genetic, I mean not my fault.....
    DaveP and Sweetcakes like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Ohhh not good
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Do they have Lay Away programs for chocolate? You could leave it at the store and pick it up on Easter Saturday! No, eh?
    ninna and mommymonika like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

This is why I don't stock up on chocolate, paying full price is better for my waist

I'd say freeze it? But I don't know how much you have and how much space it would take up
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    This is why I don't stock up on chocolate, paying full price is better for my waist

I'd say freeze it? But I don't know how much you have and how much space it would take up
    I wouldn't freeze it. It's still edible, but there will be a white coating or "bloom" on the chocolate and the children won't touch it.

I usually put extra candy and chocolate in a Rubbermaid bin in the basement and it lasts for quite a while. I have supremely snotty teenagers at times, but they stay away from this stash. I guess if everything is done in moderation, then you don't tend to binge?

I don't like paying full price for Easter candy either...it seems the prices go up and the package sizes go down.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My friend had the same problem with cookies (she made several dozen batches before Xmas, but the temptation was overwhelming). Her solution was to lock them in the trunk of her car. That way, if she got middle of the night cravings, it was too much effort to get dressed & go out to get some.

Good luck avoiding temptation (I buy lots extra, that way I still have a bit left).
    ninna likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mommymonika View Post
    Being a couponer and deal hunter, I am bound and determined not to pay full price unless I absolutely have to. Soooo, when Easter, Hallowe'en, Valentine's Day, Christmas and Birthday's start approaching I am on high alert for deals!!

There is just one small problem...... I buy all the Easter hunt chocolate when it's on sale (like the past two weeks at NoFrills..such a great price on Nestle and Cadbury chocolate). I grab enough chocolate for the hunt/stocking/trick or treating etc. and hide it away and feel so darn pleased with myself that I got such a great deal and how much fun it will be for the kids and at so little cost to me....

Here's the problem.... I always end up eating it. Grr..... I'm a chocoholic. I think I need to just fess up and admit I have a problem. So now I will have to go out and buy more chocolate for the Easter hunt. Not only will I end up having to pay full price, but I already bought all the sale stuff that I wouldn't normally buy. Some Deal......not feeling so darn pleased anymore....

But what can you do? Once Hallowe'en comes around I'll tell myself that this time it will be different.....and it will, honest!

Oh I really really understand exactly what you are saying ( confessing, lol)
    Many people have this addiction to chocolate, so as far as an answer to your problem , there is none....except maybe when the great sales are on buy even MORE! So you will have enough to scarf back and still have some to use for Easter, or Halloween ( whatever the occasion)

Thank goodness I do not have to buy Easter chocolate anymore ( kids grown).
    Good luck.
    mommymonika likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I can't eat chocolate, so I don't really have this problem. I would suggest, though, putting it in a place where you have to go to a heck of a lot of work to get at it. Do you have a crawlspace?? or an attic?? Try putting it in one of those. Then, if you have to get the ladder out to get up to the attic, or crawl around in the dust in the crawlspace, you'll be less tempted.

There is also the option of recognizing when you're beat and actually buying a small amount of chocolate just for eating yourself. Keep your own personal stash separate from the one for the kiddos and ration what you allow yourself to eat... say, 3 bites a day or something. Individually wrapped things are good for this as it's easier to ration than when you've got a whole bunny unwrapped and "just a bite" turns into the ears and half the head!

PS- I said I don't do chocolate, but that doesn't mean I'm not without vices: one of my weakness is bags of crispy minis... if they are in the house, they will be devoured quickly, efficiently, and with no mercy. Lately, though, I've been sneaking spoonfuls of nutritional yeast and little handfuls of all-bran buds..... all. the. time. I don't know why, but I am craving these things nonstop!
    Speckled28 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    I can't eat chocolate, so I don't really have this problem. I would suggest, though, putting it in a place where you have to go to a heck of a lot of work to get at it. Do you have a crawlspace?? or an attic?? Try putting it in one of those. Then, if you have to get the ladder out to get up to the attic, or crawl around in the dust in the crawlspace, you'll be less tempted.

There is also the option of recognizing when you're beat and actually buying a small amount of chocolate just for eating yourself. Keep your own personal stash separate from the one for the kiddos and ration what you allow yourself to eat... say, 3 bites a day or something. Individually wrapped things are good for this as it's easier to ration than when you've got a whole bunny unwrapped and "just a bite" turns into the ears and half the head!

PS- I said I don't do chocolate, but that doesn't mean I'm not without vices: one of my weakness is bags of crispy minis... if they are in the house, they will be devoured quickly, efficiently, and with no mercy. Lately, though, I've been sneaking spoonfuls of nutritional yeast and little handfuls of all-bran buds..... all. the. time. I don't know why, but I am craving these things nonstop!

BAHAHAHA........I WISH I craved All Bran Buds!!! Instead of chocolate and chips and cake etc etc etc! lol. Though I do (always have) get weird cravings for starchy foods......like plan macaroni noodles cooked or uncooked....and raw potatoes......lol.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

out of sight, out of mind usually works for me. I have a big problem when anything sugary is staring me in the face- cookies, ice cream, chocolate, cake. I have no self control. Like, absolutely none. So I hide it from myself and most times, it works. It's hard when we have company though--because that's when I break out the cookies to go with the coffee and we always have dessert on nights when company is here. lol. And then the "out of sight, out of mind" rule no longer applies. More like, "stand back! I have spoon and I'm not afraid to use it!"
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I hear ya! I repeat to myself over and over in my mind, "what's more important, my health or a couple of $?" That one usually does it.
    Or "I'm not getting ahead by buying this twice.". "It isn't a deal if I end up getting it twice" etc.
    And after the holiday, I avoid the stores for a couple of days.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

i buy a bit extra for consumption before lool

Thread Information