User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samplesource free sample fiasco.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The morning that their site went live, i tried to register. of course the site went down part way through, and was down for quite some time afterwards.

on one of my attempts, i finally completed my order, and was able to select 8 samples.

i went back to check the status of my order today and saw that my order didn't exist. i emailed the company asking about it and they replied by saying

"Thanks for your note

The reason we removed the account is so you could sign up again and request all the samples. We thought that was a nice gesture for everybody - so they could go back in and re-order.

If you would like to be removed from our list please let us know and we can unsubscribe you."

I went back to the site and tried again, and this time got 2 samples. I emailed them saying that it didn't seem to be a nice gesture, if they dumped orders.

I also told them that because i was disappointed it didn't mean that i wanted to cancel the 2 samples that i was finally getting.

they didn't like that, because they replied by saying

"We are going to go ahead and cancel your order.
    Thanks for your visit. We will also unsubscribe you."

i am shocked lol!

just because i'm disappointed because i was unable to complete the registration and survey a few times when their site kept crashing, and when i finally completed the order they dumped it because they thought they were being nice to everyone by doing so they have canceled my samples.

my disappointment is a result of their incompetency. i didn't email them just because i was some weirdo slandering them for no reason.

samplesource.com is a very strange company. they are an angry and petty bunch of people who will take away your things if they don't like what you have to say.

out of my 6 years of couponing and sampling this takes the cake. i have never come close to having this type of interaction with a company.
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

wow
    I can't believe that's an actual response from the company. Have they hired per-school students to answer queries?

That's even worst than automated voice machines.
    Last edited by Eva-M; Thu, Apr 5th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Good grief. I am going to try to order again, but had no luck the past days. Sucks. Free or not, I don't have all day to keep filling in forms.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had the same problem not being able to order when it came on, then when I couldn't order earlier today, I sent an email just telling them I wasn't happy - I was nice about it.

However, I thought I would give it a try this afternoon; it went through, and I got the samples, confirmation email went through quickly.

I emailed them again to thank them (the only reason I have this is that they replied...)

My message to them:

"Wow! So glad the site was up again, and I was able to order samples. Thanks so very much!

Uh, ignore my grumpy email of earlier, lol!"

Their reply - which made me smile!

"No problem! No need to be grumpy!"

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

That baffles my mind, I read this to DH and he was like what the, what kind of company responds to a complaint like that

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

That was absolutely terrible of the company. I couldn't get any samples either. I don't think its run very well.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To OP
    The second response almost seems to be a generic, automated type of response.

The first response doesn't really sound all that 'professional'. Low budget set-up???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never did get through, but I didn't try all that hard.
    Their response is just absolutely amazing! "Thank-you for making 100 attempts to get through to our site. Now that you finally managed to order all 8 samples, we thought we'd be nice and delete your info so that you can start all over again. What?!! You don't appreciate it? NO SAMPLES FOR YOU!!!"

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Holy cow - thats quite rude of them - I never was able to confirm my order and gave maybe I`ll try again.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i just checked mine (i did mine on launch day as well) and it said my order is complete and being processed
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Either it was an automated, computer generated response that picked up on the keyword of cancel, or you got a customer service rep who probably snapped after the hundredth nasty email he or she had to read through.

It is odd that you are the only one who seems to have had their order cancelled... Did this happen to anyone else?
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

nope no automated reply.

it was most definitly a person being silly

i'm not overly heartbroken about not getting the samples. there could have been many more reasons why someone simply doesn't get samples in a promotion like this.

what i was amazed by was how the person responding to my email was being juvenile and petty and then was like, well you complained so we are cutting you off! like i was a bad little kid in school who was being sent to sit in the corner after eating glue or something lol.

i just thought i would share my experience. i know so many ppl got a lot of samples and are hopefully getting them.

happy sampling everyone :D
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

You don't have anything more to lose right? I would email them again, quoting the original messages and saying that you are very disappointed that after wasting all of your time trying to get your sample, your order was cancelled not once, but twice and their customer service rep was extremely rude. I know when I've emailed companies I will sometimes get a really bad rep who will give me a generic reply stating, "Well, these things happen." but if I write in again oftentimes I will get a different rep who will be completely sympathetic and more than make up for the first response. Worth a shot!
    krysta lynne likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's really silly "we know you had trouble, so we're just going to cancel all orders to help you." How does that help you? Anyway, hopefully the person just misread your email about not wanting to cancel and thought it was a cancel. I would email them back and tell them you didn't want to cancel, and see how they reply. Even if it's just for kicks. Weird situation. Glad I didn't sign up for samples
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Apr 8th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It is not uncommon for newly launched websites to have technical glitches in the programming etc. Been there and done that. However, the replies that you got are really bizarre indeed! Can't say I have been there myself but did see the site advertised in the SS I got on the weekend so might check it sometime. If I have troubles, I will email them and see what they say. I have lots of disposable email addresses around to send them emails that they will not enjoy reading much if the response is the same as yours!!!!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information