User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I love small town people.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So yesterday I was at SOF picking up a couple of things and looking for that Nexxus coupon to see if they've put it up anywhere in my town yet. Well, while I was going down the Shampoo aisle I saw a woman with her daughter whom I'd seen come into my work once in a while over the past few months. Though we've never really talked, it's small town life kind of deal, we'd seen each other and knew who each other were. I heard her little girl, she looked about ten, asking her mother if she could get the Herbal Essence shampoo.

Her mom said "Oh I don't know sweetie, I haven't tried that shampoo, I don't know if it's good or not."
    To which the little girl replied "But I get to use it at Dad's house and it smells so good, can I please get one of these?"
    Her mom said "Well Sweetie I need to get one that we can both use, what happens if we buy it and it doesn't work for me? Then we've got to come back and buy other stuff."

The little girl started "Puhhhhhleaseeeee Mom" a few more times and her mom reluctantly said "Well Sweetie, how about we get this kind and I'll buy a small bottle of that kind from the travel section to see if I like it. If I do then next time we get shampoo we can get that kind."

The little girl looked so disappointed and I probably shouldn't have but I kind of butt in where I didn't belong. I mentioned to the lady that the Herbal Essence was on sale while we were there and that it was a one day only special. I had already gotten all of the herbal essences that I wanted and still had 5 of those 50cent brandsaver coupons left so I showed them to the lady and told her combining the coupons with the sale of the herbal essence would make one regular sized bottle less than the cost of the travel size bottle and that if she would like, she could have all of them and buy 5 bottles of them for just cents more than it would regularly cost her to buy one bottle.

She was surprised and a little hesitant, told me that she couldn't take them from me. I told her she need not feel bad about taking them and insisted that I really wanted her to have them and I told her that it was really good shampoo and told her that it's the kind that I use (and I have waist length thick hair). She looked at me and said "So, I could buy five bottles of that for about the same price as one bottle of this?"(she was holding a bottle of pantene in her hand) and I said yup! I left the coupons with her and said "Try it, honestly! If you like it then you'll have all this shampoo for way less then you could have thought and if you don't like it then next time you come into my work (the restaurant that I work at part time) then I'll give you and your daughter free pie. She was all "Oh you don't need to do that!" and I told her that I was that sure she was going to like it.

This morning while I was working this lady and her daughter came into my work and her daughter saw me and started flicking her hair around me. When she came over to me she says to me "So, does my hair look beautiful?" I told her she looked a Princess and she smiled at me and said "Here, my mommy wanted me to give you this. She says thank you for yesterday and that there aren't a lot of kind people left in this world and that what you did for us was really nice" with her mom right behind her.

I wasn't really expecting to see them and I definitely wasn't expecting to get anything out of it. It was a little box of Lindt Chocolates with a tiny little card on top that said "Thank You (name of place where I work) Lady" and the little girl must have written it out herself. It was so nice that they felt they should do that for me when I really didn't think I did all that much at all. The lady said she had tried the shampoo last night and she said "My hair feels amazing today and you were absolutely right. Thank you, you made my daughter happy and you made me happy at the same time".

They sat down and had a some pie each and I talked with them on and off while I was delivering food and such and at the end I told her it was on me. She insisted on paying and then left me a $15 tip on 2 pieces of pie that were $2 each!!

People in small towns can really surprise you sometimes! It was so nice of her and her daughter, the whole thing just left me in a really good mood all day.
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Ahhh thats a great story!! Its amazing how many people don't know how great it is to use coupons.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Such an awesome story! Thanks for sharing...my eyes are all watery now lol
    Dussault likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Lovely story.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So lovely......Thanks!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Very cool story!

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Wow I so love hearing stories like this....I also live in a small town and it is the same way....it is wonderful to know it is like that else where...thanks for sharing your story with us....
    ninna likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Oh, I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohhh how nice of you and her ,such a nice story-see there is kind people all over our lovely world

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

AWWW what a beautiful story!! Starting my day off with a warm heart, thank you for sharing!! Great job

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Beautiful story.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It reminds me of the old days, where even in the city you would hear that kind of story. It made my day, nevermind yours. It renews my faith in humanity. Such a touching story and so very kind of you to share with others. We are all truly blessed to have people like you, and them in this world.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thanks for the uplifting read. I rarely read longer posts word for word and to the end. This one I did. Bless you!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

thank you for sharing, that was so nice to read.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

so very nice of you both and showing sharing and caring.. its really really hard to find these days... These small lill good things really touches ones heart..

Thanks for sharing the story with us... this would atleast inspire some of us to be nice and do good whenever possible..

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but habit" (Aristotle)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information