User Tag List

Page 22 of 149 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Tweetybird: Why is your cucumber in a plastic tunnel ? You don't get any mildew problems that way ?
    LOL. It's not very humid here in Edmonton. Its been nice and warm so far this summer, but usually doesn't get above 25 on a HOT day, but we've had lots of days over 30 this year. So its in a mini greenhouse so we will hopefully get some cucumbers.
    Last edited by Tweetybird999; Thu, Aug 2nd, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I removed the first two little eggplants (4-5 inches long, not the mature 8" but whatever) as it gives the plant energy to move along to the 6 flowers. One flower seems partway through the transformation into a cap for the next eggplant. This is exciting!

The lettuce growth seems to be better after the past two rains. Likely will trim some of it on Sat. to do a salad taste test.

Trio of raspberry canes stand in silent vigil from a corner of the garden. Not a green leaf is poking out of them (hoping to see a sign by fall?).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Name:  DSCN3922.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  23.4 KB

ohhhhh me too me too!!!! discovered this section yesterday. everyone's gardens look amazing! and here I thought I was a gardener wow!!! That frosty coloured petunia in front of a blue spruce, and then those crazy plant varieties like the black daylily.. I so enjoyed looking at everyone's pics yesterday. I'm in a condo, so stuck with a balcony. Here we have a good old geranium, I always make sure I have a couple in memory of my granny who made me love gardening, and I bring them in for winter like she did, cos back in the day few things were disposable.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Trio of raspberry canes stand in silent vigil from a corner of the garden. Not a green leaf is poking out of them (hoping to see a sign by fall?).
    From growing these in the past, I always found them hard to kill, so I hope yours are ok. I wouldn't be worried if the canes are still alive looking/green. if dry and brown then I'd just cut back the dry part and hope something comes up from the roots still. these grow like crazy when established, we'd mow them right over, and they would still grow back quickly.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I removed the first two little eggplants (4-5 inches long, not the mature 8" but whatever) as it gives the plant energy to move along to the 6 flowers. One flower seems partway through the transformation into a cap for the next eggplant. This is exciting!
    I don't have to do any of that, the squirrels have been doing it for me :-(
    attitash likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Time for a net or chicken wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I don't have to do any of that, the squirrels have been doing it for me :-(
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    Time for a net or chicken wire?
    I know you're right, but covering everything is such a PITA, both doing it and for my own access.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

For years calendula has reseeded itself in my veggie garden; this year it's cuddling the beans:

Name:  calendula.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  40.9 KB

Here is my hydrangea which is looking pretty vibrant this year:

Name:  hydrangea.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  32.5 KB

Going to be canning beans and beets this weekend

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well I can honestly say I am thinking about ripping out all the grass in the backyard and building raised beds. I have never in all the years had the whole lawn go to straw. I don't want to waste water on the grass even though we have no water ban but geez it's sad.

Here are some updates on what is doing ok in the pots. I am so pleased to with the begonias except for the ones I planted in the sun, lesson learned. The fountain grass is doing well as always and has those lovely soft plumes now. Coleus doing great also. Now if only it would rain so I don't have to water my hydrangeas anymore.

I also have a little seedling hybrid I have red smoke bushes and the neighbor has green, this is the mix. It's growing under my blue spruce.
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Kitty77, GoJays, attitash and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Wow! Very beautiful flowers everyone!

I practically kill anything I ever touch, so there isn't much blooming in my yard this year. I transplanted some hostas in the spring but they are yellow and sick looking. Planted some calla lillies as well (like, about 50 of them) and have not seen a single plant emerge from the ground. I've even managed to kill the ground cover we had planted and that had thrived last year. Seriously. I ought to just give up.

Normally we have a vegetable garden too and DH lovingly planted the vegetable seeds indoors in plenty of time at the end of winter. In May, he went to the Dominican for 10 days and the little plants boiled to death in the windowsill from an extra warm spring and a total lack of water from me while he was away. Whoops.

The only thing growing like wild on my property is growing despite me-- it's a massive beautiful watermelon plant that has taken over my compost pile and is growing a watermelon all by itself. At least, I think it's a watermelon? Anyhoo, I've even started watering the stupid thing cuz I'm like, "why not?" Unfortunately my kids are like, "ewwww.....we're not eating that. It's growing in the yuck pile." They just don't get that the compost pile is some seriously healthy soil!
    Patty Smyth, GoJays and attitash like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On warm days the flowers are blooming in my yard

Last edited by elly.elly86; Mon, Sep 10th, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
    attitash likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Newly blooming in my yard are my cucumber plants. I can see flowers on my yellow string bean and pea plants, they just aren't open quite yet. Still have the blooming spaghetti squash, zucchini, tomatoes, green onion, and dill plants.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain today will be great for the gardens & lawns

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just back in to town from a few days visiting my husband's family about 3 1/2 hours away. We were delayed on the highway for almost an hour due to a huge accident - both lanes blocked for miles. We made it home a bit late, but safely, thank goodness.

The garden is growing like crazy. I picked beans and cukes. Thought for sure I was going to have some baseball bat sized zucchini waiting for me, but they are surprisingly small.

Two pictures today, one of my dahlia "Zorro" and the other is my monster zucchini plant.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We had loads of rain here also but it hasn't deterred me from planning to rip out the grass in the back and putting raised beds
    Tbites likes this.

Page 22 of 149 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread Information