User Tag List

Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I still have roses blooming on my Bonica. That plant is a trooper! Last year it bloomed until dec. I hunted high and low for another plant this year, but couldnt find one. This isnt mine, but what it looks like. I'd like to plant a hedge of them.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks marstec, I'll post pictures of the other orchids when they bloom

What province do you live in, miztia!?! It's great that your roses go that long!
    marstec likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Im in ontario. My neighbors alway remark on how long it flowers. I just cut the flowers off as they die, and they keep on coming back. Ive never cut it right back like I read you are supposed to do, just snip it here and there.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

LOL! i've already chopped mine back for the winter.. maybe next year i'll leave it alone and see what happens

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    What a sight for sore eyes, GoJays! Love seeing those beautiful flowers in dreary November. It would be great if everyone can post their indoor blooms on this thread too, especially over winter...
    Speaking of indoors, our Christmas Cactus is in full bloom for one pot and just starting for another pot. Love these because it is not too easy to kill them. Hahaha. We bought the big pots on sale for $2.00 and the little pot for $0.99. At Metro.
    BC Gal, tobiwobi and marstec like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I was just out in this beautiful weather, and my neighbor told me she watches my roses to predict what kind of winter we will have. She says the longer they bloom, the nicer the winter we will have.
    Guess we will have to see about that one.
    gourmetsue and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miztia View Post
    I was just out in this beautiful weather, and my neighbor told me she watches my roses to predict what kind of winter we will have. She says the longer they bloom, the nicer the winter we will have.
    I hope your neighbour is right and I hope you both live near me

Our lilac has new buds on it and I just noticed today that the forsythia has buds too.
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

My Christmas cacti are blooming as well. One I have had for over 15 years and it got knocked around a bit by the puppy this year. The main part isn't blooming, but some of it is. As well, there will be lots of blooms next year as I stuck the broken pieces in the ground (easiest plant to propagate ever).
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miztia View Post
    The Weather Network guy said today we were having a "normal" Canadian winter in Ontario - snow and cold temperatures. I really hope they are wrong.
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ahhh!! my cattleya orchid has a bud on it!!

must coddle it.. must coddle it.. must coddle it

what was i just saying about killing the easy ones and keeping the difficult ones in bloom?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gojays View Post
    ahhh!! My cattleya orchid has a bud on it!!

must coddle it.. Must coddle it.. Must coddle it

what was i just saying about killing the easy ones and keeping the difficult ones in bloom?
    lol!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

QUESTION: It's raining in Oshawa. It will rain all day. The temperature is supposed to be around 7 celcius. Can we apply Scott's Turf Builder one last time?

I am thinking that since I see two healthy yellow dandelions, we are not yet at winter weather for the lawn.

Thx.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's going to be wet for another couple of days. I say go for the turf feed and wait for spring.

I shovelled the walks and driveway yesterday afternoon to minimize any icing overnight when the rain began. Hardly any snow on the ground now but it's chilly outdoors. Noticed the alyssum and mint plants still look vertical-they looked cute under their snow covers yesterday.

I noticed that Hamilton won't have any more leaf/yard waste collection dates (except Christmas trees in January) until April. Guess the half bags of pine needles will have to be made to fit into the rolling green bin cart.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Dec 2nd, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    It's going to be wet for another couple of days. I say go for the turf feed and wait for spring.

I noticed that Hamilton won't have any more leaf/yard waste collection dates (except Christmas trees in January) until April. Guess the half bags of pine needles will have to be made to fit into the rolling green bin cart.
    Thanks for the answer.
    They may take the pine needles with the Christmas tree pick up.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

nothing blooming in the yard but crabgrass and weeds ( I stopped looking closely at it ) ....however I am over the moon happy about the 4 Amaryllis plants I have on the go and the 2 giant sized Poinsettia plants that are greeting my eyes each morning!
    GoJays, Shwa Girl and marstec like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread Information