User Tag List

Page 36 of 149 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Same as Patty-tulip tips poking above ground. The two crocus blooms (purple) have yet to be joined by their lighter purple relations but they may come around later. I was surprised how much greenery was obscured by the pine needles.leaves and old growth that I raked out yesterday.
    Yes, I know temps are dipping down over the next three days but Ms. Sunshine is being steady in appearances, so why not let the chlorphyll production help the flowers grow?
    Three little heaps of snow in the yard where the sun does not get to them yet. But they are melting anyways.
    Shwa Girl and thriftygranny like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Easter to my fellow gardeners!

Patty,
    My tulips are still under six feet of snow. I can't believe how much snow we got this year. Now that the weather is warming up, all the ruts are causing havoc on our street.

Go Jays,
    I hope you get your Wascally Wabbit. As cute as they are, they sure can do a lot of damage to a garden.

Here's my amaryllis in the house right now:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Happy Easter to my fellow gardeners!

Patty,
    My tulips are still under six feet of snow. I can't believe how much snow we got this year.
    marstec likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

GAH! So much snow!! As for that rabbit, I have chicken wire to go on the fence that I've already volunteered dh to help me with once the yard becomes a little less soupy.. hopefully that does the trick.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One set of the green tips have risen at least an inch since Saturday! Must be the daffodils, as the tulips (the few bulbs are over 30 years old) are more slow to emerge and paler green.

I went outside to handrake out nut shells (squirrels!) in the garden and take out what stones I could. Mother Nature sent out some snowflakes for a few minutes with the wind but Ms. Sunshine came out to play again!
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Apr 1st, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
    marstec likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Itching to get out and work in the garden. Did some clean up and guess what's blooming in our yard?
    Tennis ball. From road hockey. Guess it wasn't Gretsky playing.
    Sunshyne1 and marstec like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

We just moved into a new house so I have absolutely no idea what will be poking out of the ground!

I do see something coming up, it will either be tulips or possibly daffoldils. It doesn't look like crocus leaves to me.

I do know that the back lawn is atrocious!!! I can't afford to sod it, so im going to have to throw down some seed soon and cross my fingers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Even thought there is still lots of snow around, my summer savory appears to be poking up from the raised bed.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HA! I thought I was the only one... my chives are peeking up. One pretty little spot of fresh green in an otherwise dead, dried up herb planter.
    Natalka and itsmewhoelse like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ground still frozen and heaved up in some places more than I have ever seen . Almost no snow in the front now so may be able to clean up a bit. I want to turn the earth a bit before the tulips pops out.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Does anyone have peonies coming up yet? The older one, I see peeking through, but the ones I planted last fall are not showing themselves yet. Do they take longer to pop up if just planted a few seasons ago?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i haven't been able to venture that far into my garden yet, i'm afraid of sinking up to my
    ankles in mud

i don't think mine are up yet, if they even made it through the winter.. the snow only just melted and it's only now starting to warm up.. i'll give them some time to realize it lol
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Nothing. Too funny Go Jays!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well still nothing else coming up in the yard. I did though start some seeds indoors as I saved some seeds from last year and want to see how well I do. I alsot gives me a reason to play in the mud early. LOL
    I just started most of them on April 9-10, and then some more yesterday.
    And I can't believe it I already have growth! Yah! Heres some pictures. I also found a good use for the plastic zippered bags that duvet covers and comforters come in. Even the plastic bags that pillows come in can be used for mini greenhouses.
    I have beans and cukes that are coming up, then in the rectangle container will all the little plants is Petunias. Then the other 2 small round ones have dianthis that sprouted! I am going to have tons of flowers to play with and plant this year. Will also probably do so baskets/planters for family/friends.
    I have besides the beans and cukes: tomatos, tons of herbs, onions, peppers, peas. Flowers: dianthis 3 kinds, datura, zinnas, marigolds 2 kinds, petunias: reds, burngandies, blacks, pinks, dephiniums, foxglove, begonia tubers, 3 kinds of lillies, pumpkins, a mystery seed (my sil gave me some seeds too) passion flower (this will be interesting) coleus, trailing plants, blue asslyum (sp?) Name:  IMG-20130414-00290.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  74.2 KBName:  IMG-20130414-00293.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  119.6 KBName:  IMG-20130414-00295.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  55.3 KBName:  IMG-20130414-00294.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  86.0 KB
    Last edited by itsmewhoelse; Mon, Apr 15th, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

the daylilies are saying 'damn the weather, we're coming up'.. lol.. they're all starting to peek up from the ground finally.. outside of the flowering spring bulbs, they're usually the first to make an appearance
    Natalka, Angela273 and marstec like this.

Page 36 of 149 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread Information